Tips on removing price stickers on vinyl sleeves?

majic_johnson

Hi people, does anyone have any tips on how to remove price stickers off of vinyl sleeves. I recieved 'Dagenham Dave' off of Mozgirl today - Fantastic condition - and there is the price sticker from 1995 still on the sleeve, i attempted to remove it but it felt like it was going to give way some of the sleeve itself. I know its probably unlikely to remove it clean off with no reprocussions due to its age but has anyone had any luck with such things?
Ty in advance

i ruined the refusal sleeve(cd) when removing the prict ticket Im still:mad: whenever i see it..esp cause it was on a very expensive price (Ltd ed with dvd)

maybe hold under water steam but in order not to ruin the cd take the cd out( have never tried it and that probably doesnt work but maybe...)

I use lighter fluid. Soak the end of a Q-tip (cotton swab to clean your ears), rub it against the sticker, then wait about 10 seconds. It'll peel off easily afterwards, and the excess fluid will just dry and not leave any stain.

Stephane

I agree with Stephane, I always use lighter fuel. The trick is to be patient and keep replying the fluid if the sticker won't peel off. The fluid will also completely remove any sticky residue left as well. I bought a French Girlfriend 7" promo the other day which had a HUGE poor quality sticker in one corner which took me about 20 minutes to remove!

Just to elaborate on whats been said, Zippo or Ronsonol lighter fluid for Zippo-type lighters. Not butane;-)

I just pour a bit on, let it soak, then use a sharp knife with straight edge to get between the sticker and the sleeve. This way you don't get those fingernail indentations on the sleeve. Then I use a microfiber towel to mop up. Don't use this process on the unbleached, natural sleeves (same brown color as grocery bags).

Thanks everyone for their help, just to reiterate, using liter fluid on the dagenham dave 7" should not leave any stains?
Ty

Back
Top Bottom