Morrissey Central "To Be Right But Not To Be Believed" (April 25, 2020)

New Message from Moz:

"During this fascinating period of Big Brother conformism … otherwise known as Kung Flu, a lot of people have adopted Everyday Is Like Sunday as the summing-up of our times. I like all of the clips, but this one particularly :

The constant question I hear is 'why don't the label re-issue the song?', and of course, you might as well ask me why the universe is made up of matter but not antimatter. In fact, THAT question is easier to answer."

-Morrissey, 25 April, in the year 2525.

“ ... you might as well ask me why the universe is made up of matter but not antimatter. In fact, THAT question is easier to answer." Funny.

Your funny bones have osteoarthritis Acton. No wonder you’re anxious.

Agreed.
Not all humour comes in the form of a side splitter requiring the use of needle and cotton.

Yes, I see that, sadly.
The silence from skinny is deafening however, so it appears to be down to 2nd Lieutenant level today.
Frankly, his contributions sound like the sad chirps of an injured sparrow these days. Most of us have put him in a dark box, which we dare not open lest we find him dead.

His malady is vanity. He takes it to a whole new level. Nothing will ever be enough.

Like the "me me me" Agent Smith in The Matrix, he wants world Moz domination.

183407142-51940.jpg

It's the opposite. He can't do it. He can't bounce onto Comic Relief or Children In Need, do an earnest little plea for The Suffering & sing an uplifting or sentimental song. He's too aware that he'd be promoting himself & the charity might not be effective anyway. And you could never trust him not to say that live on air.

It's the opposite. He can't do it. He can't bounce onto Comic Relief or Children In Need, do an earnest little plea for The Suffering & sing an uplifting or sentimental song. He's too aware that he'd be promoting himself & the charity might not be effective anyway. And you could never trust him not to say that live on air.
Morrissey gives in the best way possible. Alms make prisoners of people.

“Here I stand, reaching out for the sky
Till the day that I die
I must give all I can
When I go
I'll go out empty hand
Leaving dust to the land
Just the soul I have found
Leaves the ground”

Frankly, his contributions sound like the sad chirps of an injured sparrow these days. Most of us have put him in a dark box, which we dare not open lest we find him dead.

I'm seeing the occasional, irrational, ranting, which has more to do with him demonstrating his use of the thesaurus function in MS Word; used to impress the easily impressed, & hopefully baffle the illiterate, as opposed to being anything of substance. No change in all those 20 years.

I'm seeing the occasional, irrational, ranting, which has more to do with him demonstrating his use of the thesaurus function in MS Word; used to impress the easily impressed, & hopefully baffle the illiterate, as opposed to being anything of substance. No change in all those 20 years.
No change at all: long time visitors recall how he treated ‘freeyourself’ and the mildly amusing ‘blue rose’ agitator (to name but two). It was only a matter of time before this disturbed soul turned his profanosaurus on Morrissey.

“ ... you might as well ask me why the universe is made up of matter but not antimatter. In fact, THAT question is easier to answer." Funny.

Your funny bones have osteoarthritis Acton. No wonder you’re anxious.
If you think that's funny go back to your Friends boxset where they telegraph every joke so you know when to laugh.

If you think that's funny go back to your Friends boxset where they telegraph every joke so you know when to laugh.
I’ve honestly never watched Friends in my life. My favourite sitcom is The Golden Girls, followed by Ronnie Barker’s Clarence which is divine. I’ve just bought a box set of the 1950s version of The Addams Family, which I’m enjoying immensely.

Chaplain’s City Lights competes with Laurel & Hardy’s Sons of the Desert, for funniest film honours.

Lighten up Acton. You miserable sod.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Message from Moz:
"During this fascinating period of Big Brother conformism … otherwise known as Kung Flu,..."
Morrissey, 25 April, in the year 2525.
kungflu.jpg

As we saw after the Bataclan incident, there is no level of human tragedy that Morrissey won’t try to cash in on

Seems abundantly clear why record companies won't be re-releasing Morrissey solo tracks...

As for being "right" about Covid-19; sounds like Morrissey complained about animal rights in China, so now believes he prophesised a virus developing...which is a bit of a reach.

I have little doubt that in a year's time, with the benefit of hindsight, wise Sweden will be seen as demonstrating pure common sense and rationality on this issue. They have treated their citizens like adults in a democracy - rather than serfs in a dictatorship. The world is facing a nightmarish increase in dictatorships that have used the pandemic to introduce draconian powers, the poor in South America, Africa and Asia will die in their millions due to the increase in poverty, and we in the UK are facing a social and economic catastrophe.
You cannot possibly compare the outcomes of Sweden, one of the least densely-populated countries in the whole of Europe, with the UK (and in particular England), one of the most densely-populated, in relation to a virus which spreads by contact between people. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_and_population_of_European_countries

A more useful comparison is one between the Scandi countries - who are similarly sparsely-populated but who have mostly done a lockdown - Sweden's infection rate is roughly 10 times higher. Their death rate, too, is massively higher https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...stancing-denmark-finland-norway-a9470771.html

Last edited:
It’s not like this is the way record companies even work anymore. It’s usually a social media campaign to get people to buy songs that are already available on streaming services.

Who exactly is constantly asking about the reissue? Please. And as if radio would play it and the public would buy it. Morrissey is now a novelty act, unfortunately. Dwindled down to his core base. Joe public don’t want to hear morrissey, don’t buy his records, and don’t go to his gigs.

What’s up with this Partridge Family version? :lbf:

As usual, Moz is right.

EverydayILS could be # 1 right now !

fools !

:cool:

Maybe it’s been posted already, but thought it interesting the subject of falsifying death certificates..

Big Brother conformism? f*** right off. Entitled arseholes pretending the state is oppressing them when people are dying in their thousands.

Just f*** off.

:lbf:

Skinny go watch CNN and follow instructions FFS conform and get rid of the hipster hat, if full of bacteria.?

A tampon on my face, what? Really strange, weird comment that reveals a lot about your relationship(s) with women. f***ing crazy oddball.

Listen to GodEmperor and do as advised and conform so you
can stop spreading pestilence.:D

all Skinny pseuds should take notice and adopt the procedure.:rock:

To tell you the truth, I don't want to believe that Morrissey himself writes these stupid things on this idiotic website. I love Morrissey but i can't stand Morrissey Central :tongueclosed:

If some of you aren't thoroughly ashamed of the posts you have farted on here today then you need to sort yourselves out. It's all a bit embarrassing.

Big Brother conformism? f*** right off. Entitled arseholes pretending the state is oppressing them when people are dying in their thousands.

Just f*** off.
f***nyou

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom