Today's NME debate the best 20 Smiths' b-sides.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?b...ia_10_smiths_b_sides_you_need_to_1&more=1&c=1
They only list no's 11 to 20 online. What would your top ten be? I'll have to have a think before I post my list. :guitar:

I don't really think of them as b-sides as I first came to the songs via the compilation albums (Hatful and World). It's similar to how some people view B Drag as an album whereas, to me, those songs are obviously b-sides as I bought the singles when they were released. With the odd exception, there was no real difference in quality between the Smiths b-sides and their other songs such was the genius of the Marr/Morrissey partnership at the time. Err, what was the question again?!

How Soon Is Now?
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
Half A Person
Rubber Ring
Asleep
London
Is It Really So Strange?
Sweet And Tender Hooligan
Girl Afraid
Handsome Devil

How Soon Is Now?
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
Half A Person
Rubber Ring
Asleep
London
Is It Really So Strange?
Sweet And Tender Hooligan
Girl Afraid
Handsome Devil

What it a joke?
NME cited "Work is a 4-letter word" as a good b-side.
First of all: it's not a Smoths' song. Besisdes, this is the song which make the bamd break-up

you're right it's definitely not a Smoths song

What it a joke?
First of all: it's not a Smoths' song. Besisdes, this is the song which make the bamd break-up

Oh, come on. Are you really gullible enough to believe that rubbish? :rolleyes:

I like the sudden surge of pro Smiths content in NME. Do they really think it will somehow help their case (or to avoid one)?
Small brains.

What it a joke?

But Smiths made it their song by covering it? There are plenty of bands out there who have taken someone else's song and done a really good cover version, so of course it's possible it can be one of their best numbers. Although for me I doubt it'd make the top ten. More thinking time required...

Back
Top Bottom