Torquil Campbell of Canadian indie band Stars on listening to Morrissey / Smiths

Link from Paul:

‘We all know our lives have been f**ked by the internet’ - The Irish Times
Torquil Campbell, the frontman of Canadian indie posters Stars, on free speech, The Smiths and the impact of music

Excerpt:

...His early heroes were obviously The Smiths, patron saints of glum adolescents from Saskatchewan to Salford. He continues to listen to their records, though with understandable ambivalence given Morrissey’s alleged right-wing views.

“It’s just so depressing,” says Campbell. “I feel bad for Johnny Marr. I feel bad for me – they’re my favourite band of all time. I feel bad for all the people who love The Smiths. I can still listen to Morrissey. I can still on a certain level love it. I don’t think the Smiths will ever stop being my favourite band. But it sure is sad to see someone who came so close to understanding things pull away and insulate himself against love, life and people.

“He strikes me as a very sad person now – but not in the way of being sad with us. He’s sad alone. He’s sitting in some house in Los Angeles, watching Fox News, thinking he’s being clever because he disagrees with Billy Bragg. It’s not clever, man.”

full

Last edited:
They’ll put any old person on the front page of this website so long as they’re talking trash about Morrissey. Who the hell cares what random person X thinks?

What's an INCEL when it's at home?
...someone sitting in their mom’s basement, picking fake-bacon and Beyond meat out of their 3 remaining teeth, while listening to a 180G copy of California Son on a Morrissey branded Crosley turntable.

Looks like a drunk greg kinnear.:mask:

Incel = skinny/surface/left nut/suck.com/etc etc. cucks living in mummys basement with pizza pops.:blush:

...someone sitting in their mom’s basement, picking fake-bacon and Beyond meat out of their 3 remaining teeth, while listening to a 180G copy of California Son on a Morrissey branded Crosley turntable.
Incel is involuntary celibate.

Link from Paul:

‘We all know our lives have been f**ked by the internet’ - The Irish Times
Torquil Campbell, the frontman of Canadian indie posters Stars, on free speech, The Smiths and the impact of music

Excerpt:

...His early heroes were obviously The Smiths, patron saints of glum adolescents from Saskatchewan to Salford. He continues to listen to their records, though with understandable ambivalence given Morrissey’s alleged right-wing views.

“It’s just so depressing,” says Campbell. “I feel bad for Johnny Marr. I feel bad for me – they’re my favourite band of all time. I feel bad for all the people who love The Smiths. I can still listen to Morrissey. I can still on a certain level love it. I don’t think the Smiths will ever stop being my favourite band. But it sure is sad to see someone who came so close to understanding things pull away and insulate himself against love, life and people.

“He strikes me as a very sad person now – but not in the way of being sad with us. He’s sad alone. He’s sitting in some house in Los Angeles, watching Fox News, thinking he’s being clever because he disagrees with Billy Bragg. It’s not clever, man.”

full
It's quite condescending assuming he knows how Morrissey spends his time, what he thinks and where he lives. He also presumes to know how I feel as a Smiths fan and how ALL Smiths fans feel. Torquil is not clever man.

Who are you talking at. ya daft wee goof?

You know him? I do. He’s a top-shelf chap. ...and he’s got a REAL band.

Standing in front of a mirror, while you tapped that out, eh? Don’t trip over your clown shoes on your way up the stairs from mommy’s basement to get your Toaster-Strudel, Shit-stain.

I've heard some of their music, I liked it. I'm not questioning the music he makes.......just the moronic shit that sprouts from his libtard mouth.

I've heard some of their music, I liked it. I'm not questioning the music he makes.......just the moronic shit that sprouts from his libtard mouth.
You’ve got lip son - but you’ve got ZERO game. ...ya half-backpedaling twit. Everything the man said was spot on. I’ve not read a single post of yours that’s transcended the quality of thrice-used tea-bags.

Stay in your league, bitch.

I remember when people got upset about things that were actually real. How things have changed.

I remember when people got upset about things that were actually real. How things have changed.
Historically speaking, fake-ass clown’s like Melvis have had a big hand in that process if change.

Reckon shut the f*** up c*** thick wacker tit foreigner and just keep ordering gear from the mporium uk because The California Son needs a new sun deck facing away from John Lydon's house inn nn nnn nnnn nnnn it. Go home!!

I miss the days when you coul be a bleeding heart liberal yet still sing a long to a line like “by rights you should be bludgeoned in your sleep”. Oh wait, those days have finally come to their true fruition.

They’ve got a Morrissey branded Crosley turntable? Jammy sods.

Reading this I realize we all must stop saying Morrissey what he should or should not do, what he must think or feel or how to live. He knows it a million times better. He is his own person and that's why we all love him.
I feel so stupid when I read other people being even more stupid.
When you read yourself your brain must melt then. :laughing:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom