TS’s alternative album “Folklore” is more acclaimed than Old Dog, surprised?

The thing that makes Morrissey great, is the thing that makes him a hard sell. He's got a very odd way of looking at the world. Taylor (while I love her) has a very normal way of looking at the world.

I can't say I know Swift at all well. But it seems likely this normalcy is a result of the most powerful means of indoctrination human beings have ever devised (unprecedented 24/7 internet, tv, mass media establishing this "normalcy").

Which makes Swift, in her turn, a powerful agent of the same indoctrination.

Whatever Morrissey is, he seems to me far more capable of thinking for himself, far less likely to fall for/promote an engineered "normalcy".

(Which normalcy is in turn limited in time and culture. It wasn't normal in 1900 and it won't be normal in 2100. It's normal in the Anglosphere, but it's not normal in Saudi Arabia or Russia . . .)

I can't say I know Swift at all well. But it seems likely this normalcy is a result of the most powerful means of indoctrination human beings have ever devised (unprecedented 24/7 internet, tv, mass media establishing this "normalcy").

Which makes Swift, in her turn, a powerful agent of the same indoctrination.

Whatever Morrissey is, he seems to me far more capable of thinking for himself, far less likely to fall for/promote an engineered "normalcy".

(Which normalcy is in turn limited in time and culture. It wasn't normal in 1900 and it won't be normal in 2100. It's normal in the Anglosphere, but it's not normal in Saudi Arabia or Russia . . .)

Kind of.

She's also a rich kid who didn't encounter much adversity until she noticed how sexist the industry is.

Moz was up against it from birth.

I admire Swift. 1989 is flipping brilliant. She also plays a Johnny Marr signature guitar! Her last album, Lovers, was really weak tho but got her bext ever metacritic score. When albums drop unannounced, critics have virtually no time to listen to them before reviewing. So they effectively get marked on how interesting/varied they are (which you can tell straight away) and not on the strengths of the melodies, which takes a while to register. Hoping this new one is a huge improvement on Lovers.

I admire Swift. 1989 is flipping brilliant. She also plays a Johnny Marr signature guitar! Her last album, Lovers, was really weak tho but got her bext ever metacritic score. When albums drop unannounced, critics have virtually no time to listen to them before reviewing. So they effectively get marked on how interesting/varied they are (which you can tell straight away) and not on the strengths of the melodies, which takes a while to register. Hoping this new one is a huge improvement on Lovers.

It's actually really good, not my personal favorite.. but it's her third best album (With Red #1 and 1989 #2)

it’s fun to be honest, especially with your reactions 😂
It’s people like you that makes the internet unbearable. You’re loud, obnoxious and incessantly and inexplicably rude, and on top of that, you seem to be obsessed about dissing a pop star while at the same time being utterly incapable of letting said pop star go. And you seem to take great pride in all of these things, which makes you even more unpleasant.
I can’t even imagine living my life that way. Hopefully it’s a maturity thing and you’ll soon grow out of it.

Back
Top Bottom