TTY: Dairy Farmers Milked Out of Business

An anonymous person sends the link:

Dairy Farmers Milked Out of Business - true-to-you.net
12 July 2016

Dairy Farms all over England are dropping!!!!!
STOP supporting Glastonbury Festival (animal-killer farm).

Cow's milk is finished!
WE DON'T WANT IT ANYMORE!!!

Morrissey
12 July 2016

38867_unnamed_6.jpg

image by SER / Sam Esty Rayner

You're right. I mainly judged it on the smaller version on the main page. Another poster said the hands didn't match the body but in fact those are Marc's hands -- it's just the exposure level is different than the face.

It's better than some of the other ones at first glance, but look at the bottom corners of the single sleeve. Sloppy.

The surefire way to convince people of the worthiness of your position is to interact like this.
just out of curiousity, has Morrissey ever made it known to you what he thinks of you? (I mean, I'm sure he has better things to do than keep track of the myriad old men that come here, but you HAVE been coming here for a while, yes?) if not, what do you imagine he would think? do you have any inkling on the subject? hypothetically, would it bother you that someone whose music you have enjoyed for years and to whom a forum which you have patronized for years is dedicated might look down on you and think your behaviour is a bit sad and regrettable or would you be indifferent? just out of curiousity.

I don't understand the skinny hate on here. It was vegan's post that was vile not Uncleskinny's reply.

Do you lot really think that "hanging dairy farmers" is a good idea / a good thing to say?

SMH

Last edited:
skinny replied to a different post of Vegans. See below.

post #58

Uncleskinny

Vegan said:
You must really like puss, asswad.

The surefire way to convince people of the worthiness of your position is to interact like this.

Again, who of the two is the obnoxious one?

Uncleskinny's post is matter-of-fact. Can't see anything wrong with it.

yes, but we all can see that vegan is just on this vegan kick and he wants everyone to know that he's very fervent about it, and it's kind of endearing. I mean he's rather fatuous, but his hearts in the right place. whereas skinny is like in this sad ill-tempered old curmudgeon phase that I imagine he's been in his entire life, likely because he's acutely aware that no matter what he does the joke is always on him (for example! him being at the forum of a man who thinks he's more than a bit sad. hilarious!), and his heart is not in the right place and it is not endearing.

At least vegans posts have a message of importance 2 get across, GREAT IMPORTANCE! might not be the most civil way of thrazing things by saying "hang the farmers", but its as it is .

These are completely innocent beings the same as humans and other life forms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Gave up - good bye! :(

It's not endearing to say you want to see dairy farmers hanged. It's not effective either. It's the kind of militant veganism that puts people off the concept.

At least vegans posts have a message of importance 2 get across, GREAT IMPORTANCE! might not be the most civil way of thrazing things by saying "hang the farmers", but its as it is .

These are completely innocent beings the same as humans and other life forms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

They are not totally innocent as the feed on many different kinds of living forms.:herb::ant::fourleaf::mouseface::tulip::chicken:

anyway to make a $.

even if it means destroying this planet.

:straightface:
Maybe if the producers on non-dairy milk lowered their prices they would attract a larger % of consumers. So far, the almond, rice, soy,coconut or whatever milk is about twice as expensive as cow's milk.

It's not endearing to say you want to see dairy farmers hanged. It's not effective either. It's the kind of militant veganism that puts people off the concept.
do you always take things so literally? cause see i don't. like for example, if they were actually setting up the scaffold and jeering crowds were gathering for a public hanging of dairy farmers, I imagine ol whatshisname would probably change his mind about it, because like most fiery spirited people, his hearts in the right place (as I said). but, what those dairy farmers do? the torture, the cruelty--all premeditated, and not done once, but over and over and over again, with zero qualms I'm sure-- that is, I'm sure the farmer goes to sleep at night satisfied with his work and thinking he's basically a good person.... well that's far worse than when someone who commits a crime of passion and then suffers deep remorse about it afterwards. no one is more vehemently anti-death penalty than I, yet if we want to think in terms of 'equal justice under the law', then being publicly hung is exactly what should happen to dairy farmers since it has happened in the past to other people for lesser crimes (but who am I kidding? the death penalty has never been about equal justice under the law)

Maybe if the producers on non-dairy milk lowered their prices they would attract a larger % of consumers. So far, the almond, rice, soy,coconut or whatever milk is about twice as expensive as cow's milk.
Of course it's more expensive - soy milk etc are still tiny niche sellers next to cow's milk, which 95% of the human population are still happy to guzzle. You'd have to have some kind of business death wish and bottomless billionaire pockets to drop the price soy/rice milk to the same price, and hope that everyone is going to suddenly switch. Plus, dairy farmers are subsidised through the EU, so the producers can afford to sell cow's milk at what would otherwise be a loss.

^^^I don't label militant vegans militant because I don't want be reminded of the horrors of meat / dairy production while munching away on my Greek yoghurt with honey - I'm well aware of the horrors of meat and dairy production and am doing my part. I label militant vegans militant because they are militant. The moment a vegan says that dairy farmers should be hanged he loses all credibility. When you have an important message you put it across in a sensible, believable manner.

I'm very passionate about equal rights. Obviously, gays aren't as cute as cows (especially the meat-eating ones) but whatever. Would anyone find it endearing if I said that everyone who wants to deny us our equal rights should be hanged because, awww, I'm just so passionate and enthusiastic about my cause? I doubt it. The gay rights movement is actually proof that you can achieve small victories with a non-violent rhetoric.

Last edited:
it's really not the same thing at all, though. in both cases youre dealing with the topic of acceptance, but in one instance you have a group of people seeking it (re:the gay community seeking to be accepted, or whatever), and in the other instance you have a group of people fighting against acceptance (re: animal rights activists trying to get people to see that what they've become so familiar with is not okay), and those two things may require vastly different approaches. because one absolute truth about humanity is that eventually people will come to accept anything. so with that in mind, the best approach to make society accept something is through gentle familiarization (kinda like the telus commercials. are they just a Canadian thing? well telus is like some sort of technology company and they have these cute commercials with animals and fun music and the slogan 'the future is friendly', for those of us who were under the impression that the future is actually rather a bit scary. i know the dancing hippos have been a great help to me in coming to terms with the fact that I live in the 21st century), a way of easing into the public consciousness until you're able to say we're here and that all there is to it, and stop having to ask for acceptance. this approach works because you have the predictability of human nature on your side ("man is that creature who can learn to accept anything" in the words of Dostoevsky). but the situation with slaughterhouses and dairy farms is the opposite; society in this case is on the opposite side of the acceptance spectrum. it has accepted the slaughterhouse, become familiar with the idea of it. and once a person accepts something and becomes familiar with it, it is much much harder to make them go back. so the question is how do you make people not accept it? how the f*** do you wake them up? in some cases it may be through soft degrees, bit by bit, but I think there might also be some cases where a heavy dose of brute force is what does the trick. when a person suffers a severe manic break, they don't wake up out of it from gentle coaxing, they wake up out of it through a sharp jolt of electricity to the brain.
besides, unlike with the gay situation that ran the risk of getting worse if not approached correctly, the situation with slaughterhouse animals really cant get any worse, so I think all efforts at breaking down the level of acceptance should be applauded. obviously though I don't think capital punishment is the answer, lol. I don't think capital punishment is the answer for anything. sometimes, though, when i see those news stories about someone who let their 4 year old starve to death or whatever, it makes it really hard for me to be anti-death penalty. but i'd be worried if it didnt make it hard, if it was that easy for me to accept the awful things some people do. the point is, while killing farmers is not the answer, it's okay to feel like you would like to. in fact, I think its better than okay to see what they do as so unacceptable and offensive to your nature that you feel like you would like them to die. it's just a feeling, after all, and much different than actually seeing to their death. so that's how I took vegans post, that he was just speaking from feeling, and not from any active militant stance.

as for gays not being as cute as cows, are you serious? there are some that are definitely as cute, if not cuter, it's just that you're not allowed to say that because some jerk at so-low (surprise!) will come along and say "f*** that bullshit. men don't want to be thought of as cute" or what the f*** ever. my friend, who happens to be gay, is the cutest most beautiful thing, like gizmo from gremlins crossed with brad pitt, if you can imagine that, or like some Adonis of furby-land. definitely cuter than a cow.

Last edited:

I don't know about almond or coconut milk, but I can say for sure that both the production of soy milk and rice milk are cheaper than cow milk. The higher consumer's prices are a matter of subsides and taxes. It's far from reasonable that animal torture is protected by public funds. But that is the way the world is right now.

Humans like to rape bovine because they want to feel some power. They're stupid losers.

got some almond milk it was very nice, I tried at the weekend the vegan recipe of making cake with mix and adding fizzy water and it wasn't that nice, but the chocolate is ;)

Does anyone know why humans started having other animals' milk? It seems very strange to start with it.

it's really not the same thing at all, though. in both cases youre dealing with the topic of acceptance, but in one instance you have a group of people seeking it (re:the gay community seeking to be accepted, or whatever), and in the other instance you have a group of people fighting against acceptance (re: animal rights activists trying to get people to see that what they've become so familiar with is not okay), and those two things may require vastly different approaches. because one absolute truth about humanity is that eventually people will come to accept anything. so with that in mind, the best approach to make society accept something is through gentle familiarization (kinda like the telus commercials. are they just a Canadian thing? well telus is like some sort of technology company and they have these cute commercials with animals and fun music and the slogan 'the future is friendly', for those of us who were under the impression that the future is actually rather a bit scary. i know the dancing hippos have been a great help to me in coming to terms with the fact that I live in the 21st century), a way of easing into the public consciousness until you're able to say we're here and that all there is to it, and stop having to ask for acceptance. this approach works because you have the predictability of human nature on your side ("man is that creature who can learn to accept anything" in the words of Dostoevsky). but the situation with slaughterhouses and dairy farms is the opposite; society in this case is on the opposite side of the acceptance spectrum. it has accepted the slaughterhouse, become familiar with the idea of it. and once a person accepts something and becomes familiar with it, it is much much harder to make them go back. so the question is how do you make people not accept it? how the f*** do you wake them up? in some cases it may be through soft degrees, bit by bit, but I think there might also be some cases where a heavy dose of brute force is what does the trick. when a person suffers a severe manic break, they don't wake up out of it from gentle coaxing, they wake up out of it through a sharp jolt of electricity to the brain.
besides, unlike with the gay situation that ran the risk of getting worse if not approached correctly, the situation with slaughterhouse animals really cant get any worse, so I think all efforts at breaking down the level of acceptance should be applauded. obviously though I don't think capital punishment is the answer, lol. I don't think capital punishment is the answer for anything. sometimes, though, when i see those news stories about someone who let their 4 year old starve to death or whatever, it makes it really hard for me to be anti-death penalty. but i'd be worried if it didnt make it hard, if it was that easy for me to accept the awful things some people do. the point is, while killing farmers is not the answer, it's okay to feel like you would like to. in fact, I think its better than okay to see what they do as so unacceptable and offensive to your nature that you feel like you would like them to die. it's just a feeling, after all, and much different than actually seeing to their death. so that's how I took vegans post, that he was just speaking from feeling, and not from any active militant stance.

as for gays not being as cute as cows, are you serious? there are some that are definitely as cute, if not cuter, it's just that you're not allowed to say that because some jerk at so-low (surprise!) will come along and say "f*** that bullshit. men don't want to be thought of as cute" or what the f*** ever. my friend, who happens to be gay, is the cutest most beautiful thing, like gizmo from gremlins crossed with brad pitt, if you can imagine that, or like some Adonis of furby-land. definitely cuter than a cow.

I can only judge people on an Internet forum by what they actually write, not by what they might mean. You are accountable for your words and Uncleskinny rightly pointed out that vegan's approach isn't helping if he wants to be taken seriously.

Brad Pitt - never found him attractive. He's got something ape-like and dead eyes. I always found Talented-Mr-Ripley era Jude Law much hotter.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom