TTY: Eminem photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner

Could you repeat that in English please?

skinny why are you such a whuss that you cant take it when i write how i like to. i dont read your posts, i dont wanna talk to you as ive said many times before so why persist in trying to talk to me when ive reasonably asked you not to. i dont wanna have a stupid immature argument with you on a subject i dont care about. please respect this request and lets not talk to one another and just leave the space for people who want to say something meaningful

skinny why are you such a whuss that you cant take it when i write how i like to. i dont read your posts, i dont wanna talk to you as ive said many times before so why persist in trying to talk to me when ive reasonably asked you not to. i dont wanna have a stupid immature argument with you on a subject i dont care about. please respect this request and lets not talk to one another and just leave the space for people who want to say something meaningful

Physician heal thyself.

Jamie never claimed Morrissey didn't have an audience, he claimed a majority of the audience Morrissey does have is an older, faithful fanbase that has been following him from The Smiths days and who likely enjoy music from that era more than Morrissey's new songs. This definitely seems to be the case in my experience; I'm 24, but the majority of Morrissey fans I've encountered are middle-aged, including the people I typically see at Morrissey shows. At any rate, Jamie's point isn't contradicted by a well-selling arena show. And let's not forget that Blondie shared the bill at MSG, another veteran band with a strong, loyal fanbase, which likely also helped sell tickets.

Furthermore, I'm not sure that having a good time at a concert is really indicative of the attendee's overall opinion of the performer. I've certainly had a good time at every Morrissey show I've attended, including shows on the WPINOYB tour, but I agree wholeheartedly with Jamie's sentiments and I know plenty of other fans who love seeing Morrissey live also feel the same way.

The audience at Hammersmith last year seemed to be a mix of young and middle aged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krZWYkelUiI&list=RDkrZWYkelUiI#t=523

Last edited:
Might this do?

elton-john-donald-duck.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-j8D_nwaFs

Yes but this isn't sleeve art is it?

What exactly is the point of comparing this to smiths/moz sleeves? You may as well eat duck a l'orange and a piece of toast and discuss the differences.

Btw I love toast! I won't have a bad word said about it :)

No, not YET. But IMO it's a step back. I for one don't like photoshops in the backdrops, what can I say. No matter whose they are. Forget the sleeves, which have gone downhill as well since The Smiths. Both backdrops and drumkits have kept a certain personality, and it's about to get really really bad... IMO.

ffs, only if consider 40 year olds 'young' are there any young people at moz concerts. its overwhelmingly middle aged with a sprinkling of younger vegans. all chubby.
thats the great mystery. everybody is vegan but chubby, moz, band and audience. since they are already vegans i dont think dieting is an option.

Hey so I owe you a big thank you pal ! Thanks to you Benny's virtual online confectionery store is doing a roaring trade.
I'll email you some voucher codes over the weekend, thanks once again.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I haven't been here in a long time and I have no idea what you're talking about :lbf:

ffs, only if consider 40 year olds 'young' are there any young people at moz concerts. its overwhelmingly middle aged with a sprinkling of younger vegans. all chubby.
thats the great mystery. everybody is vegan but chubby, moz, band and audience. since they are already vegans i dont think dieting is an option.

Learn to read and write before posting and more importantly attend a Morrissey concert, because its clear you never have.

The bloke spouts complete shite in my opinion but his music and concerts are brilliant apart from Meat is Murder.

i mean dont fans and concert attendees post pics and comments after theyve gone and a lot of them seem to be fairly under forty. of all the pics weve seen with fans int he street many have been young. i mean there are pics and posts from young attendees all over the internet talking about how they loved the show bought a shirt or a cd or just show off there ticket stub etc. seems there pretty clear evidence of many many young fans all over

Are you one of those morons that think you can only get fat off animal products?

I might have missed something, but last time I heard him say something on the subject, Morrissey said (to the question of whether he was a vegetarian or a vegan) that he didn't eat animals. That is not a vegan. Having said that, vegans can get fat too, it depends on many things. And in the case of Morrissey, he's always had a lousy diet. For all we know, he might still be living on chips and chocolate. Marr is a vegan.

I might have missed something, but last time I heard him say something on the subject, Morrissey said (to the question of whether he was a vegetarian or a vegan) that he didn't eat animals. That is not a vegan. Having said that, vegans can get fat too, it depends on many things. And in the case of Morrissey, he's always had a lousy diet. For all we know, he might still be living on chips and chocolate. Marr is a vegan.

i think he did not to long ago come out as vegan but im not sure myself and yeah carbs add a lot of weight

At the show I saw last year, there was rapturous response to the Smiths and early solo songs and much more muted reactions to the new songs. This is consistent with many write-ups seen elsewhere on this site. Whatever is left of his career is coasting on this "endless tour" to the die-hards. Sure, there are younger fans there - there always were - but you can't deny that the attendance numbers tilt heavily towards "seasoned" fans.

Similarly, his core audience bought World Peace in sufficient droves to push it to number two - but it was quickly nosediving from the face of the earth even before ties were severed with Harvest. Clearly, they had an interest early on in pushing the album in ways that Morrissey didn't - so he cost himself any opportunity to expand his audience. He cost himself the opportunity to reach another new audience - fiction readers - by releasing a sparsely edited book that was received with a colossal thud in the popular press. The silly machinations to push the re-release of "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" were received with the contempt they deserved - and were yet another spit in the face to the people he so desperately wishes to cling to, the music industry.

So, yes, his reputation is in tatters in the areas that matter most in advancing his art. What's worse is that a goodly number of his faithful are growing ever more tired of the bullshit offstage, not least of which is standing approvingly aside while this idle twit married to the Johnny Cash fortune releases "art" bemoaning his uncle's (largely self-inflicted) ostracism from mainstream success.

I'd say there are plenty of things that would push a person away. First off why should any woman even bother ? Why should a person listen to his mysogynist remarks then pay so he can play and stay in nice hotels? No reason to buy his albums if he just hurls insults at people. Additionally, he obviously cannot see past the first few rows and cultish behavior of some fans to even broaden his understanding or relation to his audience. there always were other fans who liked him who did not contribute to the BS but they hardly matter.It's always the people who are sick for Morrissey people that are favored . It's not even a healthy obsession, more like a sickness and detachment .He really encourages this .Not to mention these words he used to speak about integrity have lost pretty much all of their meaning over the past while with the actions he has made .Honestly someone asking people to purchase their album so he charts is appalling . Makes an even further huge disconnect. He may get decent turnouts at shows still. I'm not going to be that big of a naysayer however I won't buy his stuff anymore. Also, what is with the fat shaming? he's had times where he was a little heftier. His image is very negative. He clings to any sort of obsessive behavior because he just wants that attention. People who grew up listening to him well some actually see through some of his fraudulence. One also gets the feeling that if he is so concerned with sharing his problems in such a public manner he might be open to suggestion about how this could possibly change then he acts like he does not care about anyone but himself. He seems to favor complete twats who act like they are in a cult .Really it is good he has been quiet these days because it is literally at the point of where his exposure has become irritating. Also, why does he not just admit the truth of his life? why does Damon always look like a little doggy following him around like a little bitch? What is the real situation with that? Also the lyrics to some songs on World Peace are abhorrent . They are really awful. I guess that is what happens when you are out of touch for so long.

yes, the elton john donald duck gay sailor outfit, at first glance, appears as the right size and fit for moz. but i think it has been auctioned off so moz wont be able to get the lend of it i suppose. pity as it came with some handy accessories, ie, the duck feet and the duck hat.
he could have worn it to the duck dynasty tv show to scare the bejesus of those hillbillies.

It is designed to promote Morrissey to the world, though. If you look at those Smiths covers now, they are still beautiful. It's a shame he didn't carry that style through to his solo work, because after Suedehead and Sunday the quality was very uneven. Where he did go back to Smiths like art we got what I think is the rather lovely Southpaw Grammar cover.

I remember reading about Morrissey going ballistic when he saw the dreadful cover to a Smiths Australian 12" mixes release, so there was a time when those things were clearly almost as important to him as the music contained within.

I like toast, too. I let it go cold then spread it with as much butter I can get away with without being detected. Proof there is a God.

I love the original Southpaw Grammar sleeve. That whole f*** you face on Cornelius Carr is great and it's a perfect representation of the album's contents. I would've preferred Morrissey to strike that pose but what the hell, you can't have everything.

In Peepholeism he mentions he liked this Australian sleeve but I don't like it at all.

The+Smiths+Ask+35624.jpg

I just spotted the 12 remix sleeve you mentioned which I think is hideous. But 12 remixes are more often than not hideous anyway.

The-Smiths-The-12-Mixes-10032.jpg

There's no question the Jo Slee era was the most magnificent art wise but post Slee I still think he's had a pretty good run. Even the WPINOYB sleeve is growing on me. My least favourite is the YOR sleeve. Morrissey's face has been photoshopped into a wax sculpture and that is one ugly baby.

Moz460x460.jpg

Last edited:
The artwork for Roy's Keen is one of his most gorgeous, and the rest of the Maladjusted singles ain't too shabby either.
220px-MorrisseyRoysKeen.jpg

Benny's VOCS (virtual online confectionery store)

❤️4️⃣♥️
VALENTINES DAY PROMOTIONS FOLKS UNTIL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.

Your the one for me fatty Valentine cards
Coconut milk chocolate cocks, butts and fadge's
I can have both ! Humasexual Valentine card range
Ready made meal tomato penne pasta for two (always clears out)
Full range of huma-erotic cock danglers and willy bling as worn on recent tour
Hoggy's mess ! (Peters Hogg ice cream range from his ice cream shop Nr Wigan)
Washable tattoos ( Mum can't shout at you now )
Hello sailor uniforms in all sizes
I love Steven ! I love Damon ! Car stickers fer on yer window screen (max ten letters per name)
Cheapo shirts that you can rip off and toss to your loved ones.
T-Shirt "Keep Calm and wait for a contract " S,M,L,XL,XXL

Something for everyone this Cupids at Benny's VOCS Happy Ferky Toodling tmrw

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom