TTY: FORTHCOMING SMITHS 45 - Body-art / tattoo by Sam Esty Rayner

Link posted by Cornflakes:

FORTHCOMING SMITHS 45 - true-to-you.net
2 December 2016

Body-art / tattoo of forthcoming Warner single by The Smiths (below) by Sam Esty Rayner.

39459_the_girl_with_the_thorn_in_her_side.jpg

39460_el_nino_con_la_espina_a_su_lado.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
Surely Smarmy sneaked this one out .. surely ? Morrissey at least seems to realise the smiths were his Classical period .
Surely he wouldnt let his leaching nephew ruin this like everything else ?
Mozza agrees to The Smiths 45 . It has his best cover in decades , the promise of something better , pre the shitty london , then LA backing bad, is in the air
But no, Spam ruins it again. By dint of DNA it shakes moz , sort of . How can this useless Rowan Keating lookalike be related . How can he be allowed to run a muck?
It makes Morrissey look like a past it feeble old man , unable to control his kingdom . His upstart nephew is pissing in the fountain and he allows it .
What a shithouse

Do you really think morrissey gives a damn if someone, even one he's related to, photoshops his cover. I can't imagine him as being that precious about it. It's not like it's his cover or anything. His kingdom, I mean please, that just sounds ridiculously dramatic

This is completely opposite to what the Smiths stood for and I really can't relate to these images.

Well despite the lack of artistic merit the chick is pretty damn hawt, so two thumbs up from me, LOL

and what do you know his Ronan Keating lookalike nephew pisses all over it .

...A while ago someone spotted a vacant, unfurnished tiny room on the internet, and Morrissey and Sam decided to make it their personal toilet. An inoffensive lady was promoted to "Restroom Attendant" and the site was rechristened "Pee Poo You."

Yes they're internet-trained. They might f*** Morrissey-solo (I don't know, did you feel anything?) but they always do their business elsewhere! :lbf:

In other news, I've just (accidentally) heard about Rocco's Siffredi useless cousin following him everywhere... There might be an analogy there.

I'm sorry I wasted my go away! wish on Gustavo. That was unfair and disproportionate and maybe mean. I regret it now.
I really really want to get that wish back and use it on Sam.

Also, whatever drugs that man is on (drugs which he buys with the stipend he gets from Uncle for all his hard work, ie: your money, kids), I never ever want to try them.

Do you really think morrissey gives a damn if someone, even one he's related to, photoshops his cover. I can't imagine him as being that precious about it. It's not like it's his cover or anything. His kingdom, I mean please, that just sounds ridiculously dramatic

Well, I did until now.
And the sleeve design made by Moz was great and in every way in line with The Smiths aestatics. (Which are Moz aestatics).
It was the first time after so many years he delved in it again and it is still there. So it still is important for him in an artistic sense.
Why on earth would he allow anyone to ruin it?

As I said, Sam is being cheeky and naugty and did this without informing his uncle, or Moz indeed doesn't care anymore.
I can't believe he would approve.
Overdramatic, yes, ridiculous, yes, but funny though and entertaining. Nothing's changed.
This photoshopped image does damage the sleeve design even if it won't be published official, the link has been made.

im firmly convinced that humor and authority are skills that can be learned

Maybe, but only by people who already have a sense of humor, as rudimentary as it may be. As Freud said, all humor is based on an intellectual process in the brain by wanting to be funny and liked.

I don't believe real authority is a skill that can be learned.
I think of it more as a derivative.
I am not talking about authority that seems to be real authority, a fake authority of course.
Cheers lanterns!

the bamboo stick looks like her spine in the first pic, finney is looking through a gaping hole in her body, he is where her ribcage and heart should be, the rest of her insides are non-existent. so what i see is an empty "sleeve" of a woman with finney looking like an imp ready to jump out of his "host animal". i cannot say that i like this photo, but it is interesting and evokes a reaction

Jesus, you really are trying too hard. It's just shit photoshop by a talentless hanger on

ill admit im a bit bewildered by the need to take a slice out of albert finneys head in exchange for a slice of some non-entity's bosom. is there some aesthetic logic here that informs the shape the cut-out should take that im just not grasping?

No.
There isn't.
By definition aesthetics and logic have a different meaning.
Although you could find logic has an aesthetic beauty to it, the other way around, like saying there is logic in aesthetics is impossible.

It would be a made up logic and no logic at all compared to the real logic. Maybe that is the too neglected (by me) beta-side of me understanding everything that is there to understand.

That's why it is so hard to explain in words exactly, what is aesthetically beautiful or even ugly. That is, if you leave out any moralism, which I try to do but not succeeding many times.
I am not prudish and the girl is beautiful and attractive in a let's say erotic sense but I don't see what it has to do with the carefully chosen photo by Moz of Albert Finney for the single sleeve.
That has a totally different and mysterious atmosphere.
Which I quite like.

Always find it funny when people use 'it provokes a reaction' to defend the drivel the nephew produces. Leaving a shit on someone's kitchen floor would provoke a reaction, doesn't make it clever.

You only have to glimpse at Spam's Instagram account to see what a tool he is. Think selfies of him asleep, brooding backdrops and deep lyric-mouthing. He's an oblivious poser, and thicker than silly Steven.

This 'art' is atrocious. Lanterns' desperate attempt to link Spam's shite to Silly Steven's unnecessary Daily Mail style bank note rage is hysterical. Keep trying you gormless bot.

" Even Marred thinks it's shite. Then it must be REALLY shit. And don't forget, Marred is an artist, he knows art " :rofl:

But he didn't say it was shite.
He said he didn't understand which was a very honest reaction.
Just when he said he understands artists cause he considers himself to be one. Only a real artist would say that without any embarrassment. I believe he wants to be an artist and he is.
You tend to believe he is a poser, but I don't.

When did Morrissey start attracting such pretentious 'fans'?

When he was born?
Pretentious attracts pretentious.
I like his pretentiousness. It does have a certain quality.
I like people with an attitude, a certain arrogance, even if they are considered wrong, bad or you name it. And let's not forget, he is funny.
It's the unpretentious that make me yawn and get me bored to sleep and lose all interest.

Well, I did until now.
And the sleeve design made by Moz was great and in every way in line with The Smiths aestatics. (Which are Moz aestatics).
It was the first time after so many years he delved in it again and it is still there. So it still is important for him in an artistic sense.
Why on earth would he allow anyone to ruin it?

As I said, Sam is being cheeky and naugty and did this without informing his uncle, or Moz indeed doesn't care anymore.
I can't believe he would approve.
Overdramatic, yes, ridiculous, yes, but funny though and entertaining. Nothing's changed.
This photoshopped image does damage the sleeve design even if it won't be published official, the link has been made.

I always think of that interview where morrissey says what does it matter or I learned to stop caring so much. What does it matter etc. Don't remember the exact phrase but it was along those lines. I'm not saying he doesn't care about his own work, he obviously does, but I could see him saying sure Sam what do I care if asked or if he wasn't just not caring that much what someone else does. At the end of the day Sam does not represent morrissey and neither does his photoshops. Maybe he likes some and dislikes other but the idea that Sam is Morrisseys official representative or a member of his kingdom is taking preciousness, probably a projected sense of Morrisseys preciousness, to far Imo.

I honestly thought Morrisseys fans were less pretentious these days myself

If this was produced by someone not related to Morrissey it would be ignored. It's only because it's Morrissey's relative that people call it art and trying to read some deeper pretentious meaning into it. The same type of people who probably believe they have some special connection with the man himself. Kind of tragic.

How am I supposed to fap over this glamour girlie pic with Albert Finney's face looking at me? It's very off-putting.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom