TTY: Jobriath Takes The Bus (bus ad in Kojak scene, 1974)

How did anyone spot that? I couldn't make it out even after I was told. I have been listening to Jobriath a lot lately though.

Priceless, I love it when he posts obsur videos. I love old 70s drama. What I would give to instant message late at night. Moz please go on twitter.

This obviously links to the story posted to TTY last week, regarding Moz's mug being slapped onto the side of the bus in South America.
He's drawing parallels between his career and that of Jobriath.

It's so blurred and indistinct that you can't make anything out. A bit like Moz's talent. Boom, boom.

At the time of the release of Jobriath's first lp there were HUGE marketing campaigns for it in magazines and on buses. Given that Moz is such a big fan it probably was just exciting for him to spot such a campaign on television and in one of the biggest television series at the time. The fact that there were buses covered in a huge picture of a nacked homosexual man was unusual at the time, something that certainly didn't escape on Moz.

Sitting in his 5 star hotel room, pint glass of vodka in his hand, watching old episodes of Kojak on youtube. I'll say this for Morrissey - the boy sure knows how to live it large of an evening.

the talk of a huge jobriath marketing campaign is myth. there was none. there was the odd bus and that was it.
the albums sold very poorly mostly because the music was awful. lets be honest, just because he was gay does not mean his music was any good. the only reason they were released was because he was dating jerry brandt.

At the time of the release of Jobriath's first lp there were HUGE marketing campaigns for it in magazines and on buses. Given that Moz is such a big fan it probably was just exciting for him to spot such a campaign on television and in one of the biggest television series at the time. The fact that there were buses covered in a huge picture of a nacked homosexual man was unusual at the time, something that certainly didn't escape on Moz.

... yes nice to see Jobriath infiltrate this lollipop sucking tough guy cop show.... Then again maybe this
infiltration is right at home ! hahaha!

the talk of a huge jobriath marketing campaign is myth. there was none. there was the odd bus and that was it.
the albums sold very poorly mostly because the music was awful. lets be honest, just because he was gay does not mean his music was any good. the only reason they were released was because he was dating jerry brandt.

'because the music was awful' ?.... :lbf: THAT is only a matter of opinion... which doesn't make it true or right...it actually falls into the category of...wrong. It seems more like the world wasn't ready for it. Or... would it/could it ever be ready for it? But just like M... all I can say is... well, THE RIGHT PEOPLE LIKED IT.

and now.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-eFPWdx6ec

'because the music was awful' ?.... :lbf: THAT is only a matter of opinion... which doesn't make it true or right...it actually falls into the category of...wrong. It seems more like the world wasn't ready for it. Or... would it/could it ever be ready for it? But just like M... all I can say is... well, THE RIGHT PEOPLE LIKED IT.

and now.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-eFPWdx6ec

Agree completely. Will always love this song.

Last edited by a moderator:

Couldn't agree more. The music was just ridicule, but fortunately the hype was rapidly forgotten.

Couldn't agree more. The music was just ridicule, but fortunately the hype was rapidly forgotten.

'ridicule' ? compared to what? Perry Coma ? fortunate for you... unfortunate for the rest of the world and
the galaxies beyond !!!! Now... I'm gonna go take a ride in my Morning Star Ship !

Jobriath albums were actually really good, even compared to Bowie's, as far as musical ability and production, perhaps due to the strength of the session players. if only he shut up and played piano instead

The music was just fine. The marketing was shocking. Nothing was left to the imagination and the world wasn't ready for the worlds first openly gay rockstar in 1973.
The world just found Jobriath annoying while a very obvious talent was overlooked.

Tour over. Late night vodka internet trawl. Here - Jules - post this. Yes, Sir.
I think if there were a forum dedicated to Jobro, Morrissey would be posting there. He's just like one of us! That's so cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this just in: Kojak is apparently "obscure". Message me on soulseek, Moz. I'm literally on there 24/7! :o

Jobriath albums were actually really good, even compared to Bowie's, as far as musical ability and production, perhaps due to the strength of the session players. if only he shut up and played piano instead

I think his voice fits the music really well... an original sound a soul in song taking one from the gutter to the stars
and beyond ! 'forget Joe let's blow...blow blow,blow away'.....

and yes he had the best players and producer... not a weak link in the chain... And to it I'll be ...forever... chained.

Last edited:
gotta say i have never liked kojak. he does a good job in the role but never liked the show. doesnt hold a candle top either columbo or rockford

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom