TTY: List of the Lost, number one

I was wondering why it's named as 'gothic romance'. Morrissey didn't deny then It probably is.

Far be it for me to want and burst Morrissey's bubble, but those categories/genres would rarely have such a high profile release; it shouldn't make him too excited yet. He's not topping the paperback fiction chart or anything...

I also wonder who/where and in what context Morrissey made that comment (like always). Does Julia email him asking for a comment on this pretty much non-news story or does Morrissey go out of his way to tell her to do this 'and here's a quote'? I imagine it's the former, and all these non-news stories on TTY come from Julia solely, despite the fact that certain people like to bash Morrissey for 'releasing' such meaningless statements. Morrissey generally signs and dates his own meaningless statements :rolleyes:

Far be it for me to want and burst Morrissey's bubble, but those categories/genres would rarely have such a high profile release; it shouldn't make him too excited yet. He's not topping the paperback fiction chart or anything...

I also wonder who/where and in what context Morrissey made that comment (like always). Does Julia email him asking for a comment on this pretty much non-news story or does Morrissey go out of his way to tell her to do this 'and here's a quote'? I imagine it's the former, and all these non-news stories on TTY come from Julia solely, despite the fact that certain people like to bash Morrissey for 'releasing' such meaningless statements. Morrissey generally signs and dates his own meaningless statements :rolleyes:

How many times do you want to ask this question? It's quite boring and pointless. Nobody here can give you the right answer. I'm sure you noticed?

List of the Lost, number one - true-to-you.net
10 September 2015

Morrissey's novel List of the Lost is positioned at #1 in Amazon UK's Best Sellers list in the Gothic Romance category, #1 in Amazon's Hot New Releases section in the Gothic Romance category, #1 in Amazon's Most Wished For section in the Gothic Romance category, and #1 in Amazon's Most Gifted section in the Gothic Romance category.
Morrissey has commented: "I am either too nervous to be excited or too excited to be nervous".

Last edited by a moderator:

Either way, a TTY post has to be reported here to gain any traction in the press. Loathe the site though he may, Morrissey needs it more than he cares to admit. Twitter was a non-starter. Facebook appears to be used purely for commercial releases and ticket sales. What's left? All roads lead back to Morrissey-solo.

In a way, it's fitting. This site is an obdurate, dying breed - the fan page - dedicated to an obdurate, dying breed: the classic English pop star embodied by Morrissey.

The title, the cover image, and this genre category together leave me completely guessing.

Last edited:
How many times do you want to ask this question? It's quite boring and pointless. Nobody here can give you the right answer. I'm sure you noticed?

Yeah, you're right, there are too many people here like you that never actually engage in anything worthwhile; they're just too busy spewing vituperation at other people and Morrissey.

The title, the cover image, and this genre category together leave me completely guessing.

For cereal I don't know if its just a case of generic lazy labeling which I'm leaning towards or if its just gonna be off the wall

I wasn't sure what a Gothic Romance was exactly and had to look it up. For my fellow literary philistines, here it is:

Gothic romance, type of novel that flourished in the late 18th and early 19th cent. in England. Gothic romances were mysteries, often involving the supernatural and heavily tinged with horror, and they were usually set against dark backgrounds of medieval ruins and haunted castles. The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole was the forerunner of the type, which included the works of Ann Radcliffe, Matthew Gregory Lewis, and Charles R. Maturin, and the novel Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Jane Austen's novel Northanger Abbey satirizes Gothic romances. The influence of the genre can be found in some works of Coleridge, Le Fanu, Poe, and the Brontës. During the 1960s so-called Gothic novels became enormously popular in England and the United States. Seemingly modeled on Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre and Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca, these novels usually concern spirited young women, either governesses or new brides, who go to live in large gloomy mansions populated by peculiar servants and precocious children and presided over by darkly handsome men with mysterious pasts. Popular practitioners of this genre are Mary Stewart, Victoria Holt, Catherine Cookson, and Dorothy Eden.

I'll be interested to learn how the above genre description meshes with Morrissey's note about the book's setting and nature:

‘Beware of the novelist … intimate and indiscreet … pompous, prophetic airs … here is the fact of the fiction … an American tale where, naturally, evil conquers good, and none live happily ever after, for the complicated pangs of the empty experiences of flesh-and-blood human figures are the reasons why nothing can ever be enough. To read a book is to let a root sink down. List of the lost is the reality of what is true battling against what is permitted to be true’ – Morrissey

Also I wonder if the cover image will have anything to do with the story or if the image was chosen for the same seemingly unrelated aesthetic reasons as with all of those Smiths releases.

You're back! This is going to be good. Throw the Manual Of Impartiality out of the window!

The lovely guys n dolls at hmv will be giving away a free cover art poster with every purchase of the book while stock lasts ... one per copy bought . No details on what size but for autobiography it was an a3 i think .. maybe a2 ??? Standard 7.99 price i believe too.... fyi

I am so excited for Morrissey!*! This is a big deal! He writes fiction and has a world tour. Not sure why a few people have so much anger towards him. I find him fascinating. ~not SER

strictly vegetarian vampires à la Vlad the Drac or Duckula then?

Actually I was thinking more like:

bigfaceshirt.jpg

or

1347692-seven_vampire_04.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom