TTY: Morrissey audience in Leeds, March 20th

Pro tip for Sam:

Tuck your elbows against your body when doing pan-and-scan to make your torso the tripod and your image more stable. Or place one hand on your shoulder like a half hug and put the camera on that arm's extended elbow and pan. :thumb:

Curious. Was he deliberately focusing on all the empty seats?

As this video clearly shows the venue was 2/3rd full, which is a respectable turnout given the high ticket prices. The lower balcony is well populated with minor gaps but the Black Curtains screen four of the eleven blocks in the upper balcony. The upper balcony is almost deserted. I would assume an audience of perhaps 9000 out of a capacity of 13,500. Please don't try and claim that everyone in the upper balcony was still in the bar/car-park whilst those in the lower balcony were seated ready for show-time!

Leeds is 44m from Manchester, Brum's 86m. I guess most of the Home Crowd went to Leeds. I expect a similar 2/3rd full situation in Brum's arena. It has a capacity of 12,800.

best
BB

Curious. Was he deliberately focusing on all the empty seats?

It's odd there's almost no footage of the standing area. All he had to do was kneel down to fit them in! It's a strange clip to share as there's no singing, or terrace chanting of "Morrissey" x 3. It looks and sounds like an anodyne arena. How close to the band's entrance is this? The crowd appear to have been sedated. They can't all be raptly listening to the Gertrude Stein poem. I guess they're all on Twitter saying how wonderful the atmosphere is. You can just feel the excitement rising. *rollseyes*

best
BB

I don't reemeber Sam being in the area with the other photographers.

True to you: Morrissey audience in Leeds

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_150322_01

Morrissey audience in Leeds, March 20th

A pre-show clip of the audience at the Leeds First Direct Arena on March 20th, as filmed by Sam Esty Rayner. The voice is Gertrude Stein reading poetry as part of the Intermission Film.

<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; line-height: 25.2000007629395px;">

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: True to you: Morrissey audience in Leeds

look nice thanks

Very strange.

I'm in there.

Somewhere.

I was there in standing and this was way before a lot of people had even got into the arena, it was rammed by the time Moz entered stage right, only the nosebleed seats at the very top had any empty spaces, I think it holds 13.600, I'd say there were at least 12000 people there, it was a mighty impressive sight I tell thee.

Moz must be trying to woo a record label to get a deal, showing how many people his concerts can draw. I don't know if that comment even makes sense.
Otherwise that 11 second clip is too weird for words. Unless it is the teaser trailer for an exceptionally badly recorded concert. Something that would make 'Live in Dallas' look like HD 3D In-Brain cerebral cortex cocaine.

As this video clearly shows the venue was 2/3rd full, which is a respectable turnout given the high ticket prices. The lower balcony is well populated with minor gaps but the Black Curtains screen four of the eleven blocks in the upper balcony. The upper balcony is almost deserted. I would assume an audience of perhaps 9000 out of a capacity of 13,500. Please don't try and claim that everyone in the upper balcony was still in the bar/car-park whilst those in the lower balcony were seated ready for show-time!

Leeds is 44m from Manchester, Brum's 86m. I guess most of the Home Crowd went to Leeds. I expect a similar 2/3rd full situation in Brum's arena. It has a capacity of 12,800.

best
BB

Mmm.not sure about the Brum attendance, last time I saw him in the NIA the turnout was shocking, less than 5k I reckon, think it was mid week, so that could have had an effect?

I was there and the venue was more than 2/3 full. This video was taken during the video, before most people had taken their seats.

dreadful soul less place, will never visit this monsterus carbuncle again, theres no need for arena gigs-leave it for xfactor reunions and wwe wrestling- venues with character and charm next time please

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom