TTY: Morrissey y Malvinas

Morrissey y Malvinas - true-to-you.net
15 December 2015

Political hope died with the wrong one among many wrong ones; that thug of ego overload known as Margaret Thatcher. Proudly wearing the badge of the brute, thug Thatcher murdered Argentinian boys and gave the world the thumbs up. Atrocity has some validation if ownership is the final result, and to hell with intellect! Ensconced on her own throne, thug Thatcher's glut of excess set almost every major British city alight in flames. But that wasn't enough. Dressed in combat gear (!) the show-'em-all pilot blew up Argentina's Belgrano even though it posed no threat to British troops; youth too soon gone. England wondered how badly it had behaved in order to deserve Margaret Thatcher, who invented a civilization of hate. Legless war heroes still support Thatcher, for if they did not, they would be forced to face the truth of their lives: that their limbs were used to fuel her ego.
The Malvinas belong to the people of Argentina, not least of all because they are right here, in the windily warm Argentinian air. The Malvinas are not three miles west of Knightsbridge. Thatcher the destroyer did not care whether British or Argentinian lives were lost, and it is only her menu of horrors that ensure her legacy. No Thatcher monument would ever stand on British soil, for it would be felled in an instant as a symbol of poisoned terror. However, world peace is none of your business.

​Morrissey
​15 December 2015
​Buenos Aires

Photograph of Morrissey taken on 14 December 2015 in Argentina by Ginger Shortcake.

morrissey_in_argentina.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised to notice how many people still support colonialism. Brisith colonialism is as bad as any other colonialism.

But British colonialism wasn't as bad "as any other" colonialism.
Britain's colonial past is far from unblemished, but it seems to silly to say the British Empire was 'as bad' as Belgian or Japanese colonialism for instance.

thank you for the reply.

Your posts just seemed to reflect the years of lazy journalism and pigeonholing from critics.. the whole M/Smiths..miserable,etc.

Anyone could as easily point their finger in blame to the long list of artists or those with a sensitive/imaginative mind that have put down such truths as 'probable inducers/instigators' to the more weak minded and those in such a state that they would be so easily influenced by outside sources.

The sources usually being outsiders themselves... from 'the book of the dead'(or others stating a better afterlife)
to 'to be or not to be' to Plath/Sexton to the Doors 'the End' to Ian Curtis to even Cobain.

Just don't think we should make such assumptions/comments until the proof is on the table.

And call me 'wacky' but I'll take M's 'inner psychopath' ' over the more so called 'well balanced conventions of normality ' or what passes as that these days.

oh to float on the mote of his eye...and run away with him to the circus of sanity !

And maybe we should blame.. Mr Darren here also...exit smiling,etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewAhqjfMiEY

Why are you trying to reason with this person for? He's clearly unhinged.

Read it again, dopey bollocks. France wasn't always France and Argentina wasn't even a state when the British first got their hands on the Falklands.

I find it necessary when dealing with people like you, the recent Morrissey fan, to simplify certain issues or you struggle to grasp the most basic concepts.

Part of the Argentinian argument is that the Falklands are on "their" continental shelf, just as Ireland - or would you prefer Hibernia? - is on ours.
my first moz gig was around 1990, but I suppose that must seem recent to you old timer

You're as thick as barleycunt, the Republic of Ireland wasn't formed until 1937, the Brits were kicked out in 1922 when the free state was formed, therefore Britain never "owned" the Republic of Ireland you thick prick, British colonialism is dead, time for the Brits to get out of the six counties, the Maldives, and Gibraltar
Oh the arrogance when just like the rest of us you were born in britain, you're no different, you wish :lbf:

I never met Margaret. Your post implies that Morrissey was somehow responsible for her death. It is equally likely that he kept her going. I really don't know. He didn't kill any of the Smiths/Morrissey lifers that I know.

It would be interesting to see a tally of fan suicides: how does Smiths/Morrissey rate against, say, The Cure, U2, REM, Prince, or anyone else big in the '80s? We'll probably never know.

My point stands: you'd have to be suffering from Morrissey Derangement Syndrome to believe that he's done more harm than good.

I don't believe Margaret would have got a death file statement if she'd fallen and banged her head or a heart attack etc. But because it was suicide he was compelled to jump on the back of it. He believes they are the brave ones, they never asked to be born according to him. When you read some of the hardcore cult followers comments on here, his comments are very irresponsible and would be best kept to himself.
He could do a lot better to read up on his Falklands war history for starters.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Oh the arrogance when just like the rest of us you were born in britain, you're no different, you wish :lbf:

he goes to the pub to sing fighting songs while getting smashed. thats the extent of his irishness.

Morrissey-solo is a ZOO and M is the guy that feeds the animals.
Just throw you a piece of meat (article) and you tear it into shreds, fight over a morsel, chew on it and occasionally cough it up.
I'd better go xmas shopping.

What do I wish? That I was born in a free and independent scotland or a free and united ireland, you bet your fat arse I do, the empire is finished, our day will come

another pint is what you wish for.
scotland voted to remain part of the uk. they saw the penury ireland lives under.

But British colonialism wasn't as bad "as any other" colonialism.
Britain's colonial past is far from unblemished, but it seems to silly to say the British Empire was 'as bad' as Belgian or Japanese colonialism for instance.

Are you serious??? It's not a question of graduation.

I've just watched the Thatcher interview which Morrissey put up, and funny thing is, the more I listened to her, the more I agreed with her. She acted as any leader of a country would to protect UK Forces. Argentina was at war with the UK - it wasn't a game of football - Morrissey and other detractors don't appreciate how high the stakes were, and the pressure she was under to make the right decision. The Argentine navy never bothered the Royal Navy again because they didn't know if they would be torpedoed if they came into the exclusion zone. It's brutal but that's war.

I feel sorrow for all the soldiers, on both sides, who lost their lives fighting for the Falklands...

is it possible for a mozbot to disagree with anything their leader says? can moz possibly say anything at all that will upset you?
how did you all become this way? were you all at one point normal people?

I agree with Morrissey - the Falklands should be given back to Argentina. Also, the USA should be given back to Britain. Fair's fair.

Yes, like many others, I am increasingly embarrassed to be a Morrissey fan. Perhaps, before the internet, before there were so many trolls with a platform they ceased to be a novelty, we could believe it was ironic, or iconoclastic, or interesting, or perhaps Morrissey really has become distinctly more crass than he used to be. In any case, it's very sad.

It's entirely predictable that, as long as there's a way to oppose a long-standing enemy, he'll choose any cause to hand, without any qualms about nuance, historical research, or anything of the kind. Apparently, merely to oppose is the mark of unparalleled intellect.

I'll limit myself here to a few observations on prose and content:

"... thug Thatcher's glut of excess..."

A fairly infelicitous phrase, since 'glut' and 'excess' overlap in meaning. An excess of excess?

"England wondered how badly it had behaved in order to deserve Margaret Thatcher, who invented a civilization of hate."

Surely she didn't invent it? She might have been in power for a while and steered it in a particular direction, but "invented a civilization of hate"? This is not even a sixth-form standard of prose.

"Legless war heroes still support Thatcher, for if they did not, they would be forced to face the truth of their lives: that their limbs were used to fuel her ego."

Well, good job Morrissey's on hand (excuse the pun) to enlighten them.

"The Malvinas belong to the people of Argentina, not least of all because they are right here, in the windily warm Argentinian air."

Even closer to the islands are its actual inhabitants, the majority of whom do not want Argentinian rule.

"The Malvinas are not three miles west of Knightsbridge."

Neither is Morrissey, and he hasn't been for a long time.

"Thatcher the destroyer did not care whether British or Argentinian lives were lost, and it is only her menu of horrors that ensure her legacy."

Menu of horrors? "I'll have the eye-gouging for starters and the Mengele Surprise to follow, with a side-order of genetic mutation, please." Menu of horrors?

"However, world peace is none of your business."

Cringey, self-important quoting of self.

I do like his singing voice, though... I am just genuinely perplexed by the question of whether he's always been this thick, and I've just never noticed until recently, or whether he has somehow massively declined in intelligence in the last few years. I don't think that people do usually decline in intelligence without carbon monoxide poisoning or a sharp blow to the head, so either this is a side-effect of the music industry of which we should take careful note, or else it is a side-effect of the music industry to disguise idiocy while a person's glamour is at its height, only for it to show through more and more as the glamour fades.

Yes, like many others, I am increasingly embarrassed to be a Morrissey fan. Perhaps, before the internet, before there were so many trolls with a platform they ceased to be a novelty, we could believe it was ironic, or iconoclastic, or interesting, or perhaps Morrissey really has become distinctly more crass than he used to be. In any case, it's very sad.

It's entirely predictable that, as long as there's a way to oppose a long-standing enemy, he'll choose any cause to hand, without any qualms about nuance, historical research, or anything of the kind. Apparently, merely to oppose is the mark of unparalleled intellect.

I'll limit myself here to a few observations on prose and content:

"... thug Thatcher's glut of excess..."

A fairly infelicitous phrase, since 'glut' and 'excess' overlap in meaning. An excess of excess?

"England wondered how badly it had behaved in order to deserve Margaret Thatcher, who invented a civilization of hate."

Surely she didn't invent it? She might have been in power for a while and steered it in a particular direction, but "invented a civilization of hate"? This is not even a sixth-form standard of prose.

"Legless war heroes still support Thatcher, for if they did not, they would be forced to face the truth of their lives: that their limbs were used to fuel her ego."

Well, good job Morrissey's on hand (excuse the pun) to enlighten them.

"The Malvinas belong to the people of Argentina, not least of all because they are right here, in the windily warm Argentinian air."

Even closer to the islands are its actual inhabitants, the majority of whom do not want Argentinian rule.

"The Malvinas are not three miles west of Knightsbridge."

Neither is Morrissey, and he hasn't been for a long time.

"Thatcher the destroyer did not care whether British or Argentinian lives were lost, and it is only her menu of horrors that ensure her legacy."

Menu of horrors? "I'll have the eye-gouging for starters and the Mengele Surprise to follow, with a side-order of genetic mutation, please." Menu of horrors?

"However, world peace is none of your business."

Cringey, self-important quoting of self.

I do like his singing voice, though... I am just genuinely perplexed by the question of whether he's always been this thick, and I've just never noticed until recently, or whether he has somehow massively declined in intelligence in the last few years. I don't think that people do usually decline in intelligence without carbon monoxide poisoning or a sharp blow to the head, so either this is a side-effect of the music industry of which we should take careful note, or else it is a side-effect of the music industry to disguise idiocy while a person's glamour is at its height, only for it to show through more and more as the glamour fades.

Amen Rev Tutu !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

The substance of Morrissey's quotes haven't really changed over the years, it's just his relentless obsessions have grown wearisome and exaggerated over time, and TTY's platform of being able to post his every passing thought have exposed his limited intelligence for all to see. Where his overblown statements were once considered charmingly eccentric, on closer examination he is now revealed to be actually slightly thick. He's good on slogans, and angry jibes at the rest of the world, but there is very little intellectual depth to his arguments. It's all vitriol, and empty-headed hate, so a lot of his statements fall to pieces if you try to interrogate them even slightly.

I am both dreading and excited for the day he finally succumbs to the invitation to appear on BBCs Question Time, where he would be completely exposed.

He still has a lovely singing voice though.

What do I wish? That I was born in a free and independent scotland or a free and united ireland, you bet your fat arse I do, the empire is finished, our day will come
The point is you act superior to 'brits' just because you have Irish lineage, but the simple fact is you are no different.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom