TTY: Morrissey y Malvinas

Morrissey y Malvinas - true-to-you.net
15 December 2015

Political hope died with the wrong one among many wrong ones; that thug of ego overload known as Margaret Thatcher. Proudly wearing the badge of the brute, thug Thatcher murdered Argentinian boys and gave the world the thumbs up. Atrocity has some validation if ownership is the final result, and to hell with intellect! Ensconced on her own throne, thug Thatcher's glut of excess set almost every major British city alight in flames. But that wasn't enough. Dressed in combat gear (!) the show-'em-all pilot blew up Argentina's Belgrano even though it posed no threat to British troops; youth too soon gone. England wondered how badly it had behaved in order to deserve Margaret Thatcher, who invented a civilization of hate. Legless war heroes still support Thatcher, for if they did not, they would be forced to face the truth of their lives: that their limbs were used to fuel her ego.
The Malvinas belong to the people of Argentina, not least of all because they are right here, in the windily warm Argentinian air. The Malvinas are not three miles west of Knightsbridge. Thatcher the destroyer did not care whether British or Argentinian lives were lost, and it is only her menu of horrors that ensure her legacy. No Thatcher monument would ever stand on British soil, for it would be felled in an instant as a symbol of poisoned terror. However, world peace is none of your business.

​Morrissey
​15 December 2015
​Buenos Aires

Photograph of Morrissey taken on 14 December 2015 in Argentina by Ginger Shortcake.

morrissey_in_argentina.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, like many others, I am increasingly embarrassed to be a Morrissey fan. Perhaps, before the internet, before there were so many trolls with a platform they ceased to be a novelty, we could believe it was ironic, or iconoclastic, or interesting, or perhaps Morrissey really has become distinctly more crass than he used to be. In any case, it's very sad.

It's entirely predictable that, as long as there's a way to oppose a long-standing enemy, he'll choose any cause to hand, without any qualms about nuance, historical research, or anything of the kind. Apparently, merely to oppose is the mark of unparalleled intellect.

I'll limit myself here to a few observations on prose and content:

"... thug Thatcher's glut of excess..."

A fairly infelicitous phrase, since 'glut' and 'excess' overlap in meaning. An excess of excess?

"England wondered how badly it had behaved in order to deserve Margaret Thatcher, who invented a civilization of hate."

Surely she didn't invent it? She might have been in power for a while and steered it in a particular direction, but "invented a civilization of hate"? This is not even a sixth-form standard of prose.

"Legless war heroes still support Thatcher, for if they did not, they would be forced to face the truth of their lives: that their limbs were used to fuel her ego."

Well, good job Morrissey's on hand (excuse the pun) to enlighten them.

"The Malvinas belong to the people of Argentina, not least of all because they are right here, in the windily warm Argentinian air."

Even closer to the islands are its actual inhabitants, the majority of whom do not want Argentinian rule.

"The Malvinas are not three miles west of Knightsbridge."

Neither is Morrissey, and he hasn't been for a long time.

"Thatcher the destroyer did not care whether British or Argentinian lives were lost, and it is only her menu of horrors that ensure her legacy."

Menu of horrors? "I'll have the eye-gouging for starters and the Mengele Surprise to follow, with a side-order of genetic mutation, please." Menu of horrors?

"However, world peace is none of your business."

Cringey, self-important quoting of self.

I do like his singing voice, though... I am just genuinely perplexed by the question of whether he's always been this thick, and I've just never noticed until recently, or whether he has somehow massively declined in intelligence in the last few years. I don't think that people do usually decline in intelligence without carbon monoxide poisoning or a sharp blow to the head, so either this is a side-effect of the music industry of which we should take careful note, or else it is a side-effect of the music industry to disguise idiocy while a person's glamour is at its height, only for it to show through more and more as the glamour fades.

Morrissey is using to many adjectives, that is your issue? There are five more concerts and then he will probably disappear again. ENJOY him while he lasts and don't take what he says so seriously. I am really looking forward to the LA NYE concert. It would be so so special if he put There is a Light That Never Goes Out back into setlist.

There is one thing I have learned from this board. Brits and people from the Republic of Ireland will always hate each other and this is something that will always make the USA superior than all you Brits, Euros, South Americans, Serbs, and Transylvanians. You will kill each other at the drop of a hat or if someone doesn't like your Kickball team. No wonder why there are 35 million people in the USA of Irish Catholic lineage. Anonymous-

There is one thing I have learned from this board. Brits and people from the Republic of Ireland will always hate each other and this is something that will always make the USA superior than all you Brits, Euros, South Americans, Serbs, and Transylvanians. You will kill each other at the drop of a hat or if someone doesn't like your Kickball team. No wonder why there are 35 million people in the USA of Irish Catholic lineage. Anonymous-
You're forgetting USA hate's any country that isn't the USA.

Yes, he said all of this before many times but, in the same sense, there surely is no need then to comment on it for the umpteenths time.

There is an old saying: Silence is golden. Please, Morrissey, for the love of God, take this advice to your heart. We know your stance on numerous topics, we are tired of it. Just sing and stop damaging your reputation even further. You are becoming not-so-charming man.

It's called having a history, I'm afraid. When you have one you'll realise it is both a good and a bad thing.

You're forgetting USA hate's any country that isn't the USA.

That's a very unfair assessment. The USA spends more on international aid than any other nation. It is the most charitable nation on earth. That other so-called bete noire amongst the international community, the U.K., is next.

In comparison Russia and China wouldn't give you the drippings from their nose.

Yes, don't even get me started on this one. The whole world HATES Americans.

I don't. The United States has given the world wonderful things. It is a noble country. War graves across the world are filled with the bodies of their young men who fell preserving democracy and fighting against totalitarianism.

The youth of the west is fast becoming indolent and ignorant in equal measure, as many posts in this thread clearly prove. The old adage about those who fail to learn from history repeat it has rarely been more true than right now. The western democracies and their allies are today the only bulwark against a return to chaos.

So everything is allowed to be written here except explicit death threats? Wishing people dead are fine, however. I guess the moderators here cannot be very busy. Their working-load is kept on the most minimal level possible. Once every century they might have to make some minor adjustment to a post.

Of course, this is also reflected in the atmosphere here. It somehow feels like a kindergarten filled with kids competing at insulting or making fun of Morrissey. The one who goes furthest wins. It is certainly an interesting "fan" community.

"Hatful Online Creche"

You're as thick as barleycunt, the Republic of Ireland wasn't formed until 1937, the Brits were kicked out in 1922 when the free state was formed, therefore Britain never "owned" the Republic of Ireland you thick prick, British colonialism is dead, time for the Brits to get out of the six counties, the Maldives, and Gibraltar

"On 26 July 1965, Maldives gained independence under an agreement signed with United Kingdom. The British government retained the use of the Gan and Hitaddu facilities. In a national referendum in March 1968, Maldivians abolished the sultanate and established a republic."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Maldives#Independence

I don't believe Margaret would have got a death file statement if she'd fallen and banged her head or a heart attack etc. But because it was suicide he was compelled to jump on the back of it. He believes they are the brave ones, they never asked to be born according to him. When you read some of the hardcore cult followers comments on here, his comments are very irresponsible and would be best kept to himself.
He could do a lot better to read up on his Falklands war history for starters.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

:thumb::straightface:

"He’d spoken sensitively and movingly about suicide many times over the years, memorably after the passing of Kurt Cobain in 1994: “I felt sad and I felt envious. I admire people who self-destruct. "

http://sabotagetimes.com/music/meetings-with-morrissey

Yes, like many others, I am increasingly embarrassed to be a Morrissey fan. Perhaps, before the internet, before there were so many trolls with a platform they ceased to be a novelty, we could believe it was ironic, or iconoclastic, or interesting, or perhaps Morrissey really has become distinctly more crass than he used to be. In any case, it's very sad.

It's entirely predictable that, as long as there's a way to oppose a long-standing enemy, he'll choose any cause to hand, without any qualms about nuance, historical research, or anything of the kind. Apparently, merely to oppose is the mark of unparalleled intellect.

I'll limit myself here to a few observations on prose and content:

"... thug Thatcher's glut of excess..."

A fairly infelicitous phrase, since 'glut' and 'excess' overlap in meaning. An excess of excess?

"England wondered how badly it had behaved in order to deserve Margaret Thatcher, who invented a civilization of hate."

Surely she didn't invent it? She might have been in power for a while and steered it in a particular direction, but "invented a civilization of hate"? This is not even a sixth-form standard of prose.

"Legless war heroes still support Thatcher, for if they did not, they would be forced to face the truth of their lives: that their limbs were used to fuel her ego."

Well, good job Morrissey's on hand (excuse the pun) to enlighten them.

"The Malvinas belong to the people of Argentina, not least of all because they are right here, in the windily warm Argentinian air."

Even closer to the islands are its actual inhabitants, the majority of whom do not want Argentinian rule.

"The Malvinas are not three miles west of Knightsbridge."

Neither is Morrissey, and he hasn't been for a long time.

"Thatcher the destroyer did not care whether British or Argentinian lives were lost, and it is only her menu of horrors that ensure her legacy."

Menu of horrors? "I'll have the eye-gouging for starters and the Mengele Surprise to follow, with a side-order of genetic mutation, please." Menu of horrors?

"However, world peace is none of your business."

Cringey, self-important quoting of self.

I do like his singing voice, though... I am just genuinely perplexed by the question of whether he's always been this thick, and I've just never noticed until recently, or whether he has somehow massively declined in intelligence in the last few years. I don't think that people do usually decline in intelligence without carbon monoxide poisoning or a sharp blow to the head, so either this is a side-effect of the music industry of which we should take careful note, or else it is a side-effect of the music industry to disguise idiocy while a person's glamour is at its height, only for it to show through more and more as the glamour fades.

[h=1]Morrissey: from rock genius to internet troll [/h]
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...2/dec/13/morrissey-rock-genius-internet-troll

The substance of Morrissey's quotes haven't really changed over the years, it's just his relentless obsessions have grown wearisome and exaggerated over time, and TTY's platform of being able to post his every passing thought have exposed his limited intelligence for all to see. Where his overblown statements were once considered charmingly eccentric, on closer examination he is now revealed to be actually slightly thick. He's good on slogans, and angry jibes at the rest of the world, but there is very little intellectual depth to his arguments. It's all vitriol, and empty-headed hate, so a lot of his statements fall to pieces if you try to interrogate them even slightly.

I am both dreading and excited for the day he finally succumbs to the invitation to appear on BBCs Question Time, where he would be completely exposed.

He still has a lovely singing voice though.

[h=1]Morrissey asked to go on Question Time – should he do it?[/h]
http://louderthanwar.com/morrissey-asked-to-go-on-question-time-should-he-do-it/

"Morrissey, 51,claimed he had turned down an appearance on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show because Mr Cameron was booked on the same programme.

"However much I worship the words of Andrew Marr, I could not go through with the invitation."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...id-Cameron-that-Joke-Isnt-Funny-Any-More.html

God, it is so ironic that the people commenting on Moz's mental state are the same people logging on to a fansite EVERY DAY to tell the world how much they hate him and want him dead. That's true f***ed-up madness. I won't even begin to analyse the pathology of that. Our time on this earth is precious, folks. Use it wisely. If you hate Moz, move on. You're as sad as the nutjobs who say things like 'Moz is like a God to me'. You're the flipside.

Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

by davidt
Published on March 14, 2013 09:02 AM 362 Comments Comments
Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

Benny-the-British-Butcher

People Who Pretend To Be Suicidal For Attention Or To Look Cool

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/318...-to-be-suicidal-for-attention-or-to-look-cool

"While it’s possible that someone might talk about suicide as a way of getting the attention they need, i"t’s vitally important to take anybody who talks about feeling suicidal seriously."

http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/myths-about-suicide

Buenos Aires airport - picture 2

12313608_808736855938791_7423284886683192719_n.jpg

....Prepare for TTY rant on Las Falklands/Belgrano! Unless he got his cock/balls/arse stroked by the Argie TSA at the airport......... but we all know that at any time TTY may light up with yet another irresistable career suicide note! LOL!.......Whatever else happens, I hope we never come here to comment on a real one. When he has to finally Get Off Of The Stage and face 'Steven Patrick' again in the mirror.....I hope he survives the encounter with that buried person. You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. And you can never fool the person you were into accepting excuses for why you became the monster you now are, because you had a choice to become someone authentic but chose Artifice above Art and craved Money, Wealth and the Power of Personal Fame.

with every good wish and wishing you all farewell

"BrummieBoy" [/QUOTE]

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...6-2015)-post-show?p=1986946988#post1986946988

There is an old saying: Silence is golden. Please, Morrissey, for the love of God, take this advice to your heart. We know your stance on numerous topics, we are tired of it. Just sing and stop damaging your reputation even further. You are becoming not-so-charming man.

There's an older and smarter maxim: "Qui tacet consentit" or "Silence gives consent "

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom