TTY - NME edition and "Istanbul" chart update

Hold on a minute,.. Where's the rest of that statement? I was expecting '.... Morrissey does not endorse this magazine, please do not buy it'.
Does this mean he's effectively 'made peace' with the magazine for a third time? Shall we expect 'Bigmouth Strikes Again Again - Morrissey clearly hates all foreigners - yes this time we are almost totally, totally sure' interview, summer 2018?

If I'm remembering correctly, the NME apologised only for having annoyed him, not for representing him - correctly - as a xenophobe.

They apologized after legally being obliged to do so from a pre-court hearing as they'd inferred that he was a racist for years and it turns out they were in the wrong. If Moz had pushed it they'd have been out of business.

I'm not sure that a nailed on xenophobe would spend his years abroad or employ a mostly foreign band. While mass immigration might be great for uber rich corporations as it keeps wages low it might not be so good for the working classes. Those on the Left who are fast to claim racism and xenophobia might want to think about that.

Xenophobe is your middle-name.

Swollen back again to entertain us all with his famous sense of humour.

Are you suggesting it isn't you ludicrous, slack jawed, zombified, pox-ridden f***wit?

Swollen back again to entertain us all with his famous sense of humour.

Are you suggesting it isn't you ludicrous, slack jawed, zombified, pox-ridden f***wit?

You know, there are lots of treatments out there for bipolar these days. Remember - you don't have to suffer in silence.

You know, there are lots of treatments out there for bipolar these days. Remember - you don't have to suffer in silence.

This from the person who unconditionally loves an album he hasn't yet heard.

They apologized after legally being obliged to do so from a pre-court hearing as they'd inferred that he was a racist for years and it turns out they were in the wrong. If Moz had pushed it they'd have been out of business.

Given how angry he was, and given how egregiously he felt they'd wronged him, it's curious that Morrissey didn't persist, after the pre-court hearing, in demanding that the NME apologise for calling him a racist.

Here's what the NME said...

"In December 2007, we published an article entitled 'Morrissey: Big mouth strikes again'.

Following this, Morrissey began proceedings for libel against us. His complaint is that we accused him of being a racist off the back of an interview which he gave to the magazine. He believes the article was edited in such a way that made him seem reactionary.

We wish to make clear that we do not believe that he is a racist; we didn’t think we were saying he was and we apologise to Morrissey if he or anyone else misunderstood our piece in that way. We never set out to upset Morrissey and we hope we can both get back to doing what we do best.
"​

I see no apology there for having called, or inferred, that he was a racist. At best, it's a statement of regret that Morrissey misinterpreted their words. Morrissey caved-in because he realised (probably on the advice of counsel) that he would not win his case.

I'm not sure that a nailed on xenophobe would spend his years abroad or employ a mostly foreign band.

Racists: some of their best friends are black.

While mass immigration might be great for uber rich corporations as it keeps wages low it might not be so good for the working classes. Those on the Left who are fast to claim racism and xenophobia might want to think about that.

Yes, of course, this country's gone to the dogs etc. and it's the foreigners that are to blame. Nothing at all to do with the "uber rich corporations" that choose to inflate their profit-margins by hiring the cheapest labour possible. Definitely not.

Personally, I blame the fish.

Wrong, my Gnarleygroined friend. I simply said a good review was a good sign and never expressed any other opinion on the album. It seems a difficult concept for you to grasp.

Come on, Orson. You're holding out on us. What else from the future is great? Jetpacks? Flying cars? Teleportation? Don't be shy. We're waiting, oh great Sybil.

Come on, Orson. You're holding out on us. What else from the future is great? Jetpacks? Flying cars? Teleportation? Don't be shy. We're waiting, oh great Sybil.

Point proved. You don't listen to a word anybody says. You just enjoy arguing and antagonising for the sake of it. You're a facile fascistic fool, I'm afraid.

Wow. Morrissey actually PROMOTING the NME via True to You, instead of calling for people not to buy it?!?! Has the world gone mad?

I can think of only two reasons: 1)he's getting a cut of profits from the special, or 2)(more likely) the NME are cosying back up to him for a 5 star review + interview feature.

Wow. Morrissey actually PROMOTING the NME via True to You, instead of calling for people not to buy it?!?! Has the world gone mad?

I can think of only two reasons: 1)he's getting a cut of profits from the special, or 2)(more likely) the NME are cosying back up to him for a 5 star review + interview feature.

Morrissey won't get a cut of profits from this publication. NME owns the past interview articles, they can reprint whenever suits them.

Arguing on the internet. You guys are so awesome!

But if they had the same conversation face to face, it would be valid? Why does arguing on the internet bear relevance to the argument or the arguers? The point is there is a discussion being had; you understand that's how a forum works, right? And sometimes discussions get heated and sometimes the participants get personal. You understand that's how human beings work, right?

Does the fact that it's on the internet make it less real? There's a kid who spent six months in jail for making a tongue in cheek joke in a video game chat about eating kindergartners. Seemed that was real-life enough for the judge.

I hate the "it's not real or important because it's on the internet" argument. f***ing asinine. Who runs the internet? Robots? No, People. The same people who have these same debates in real life.

Oh you're one of those people who's "above it all." Oh, OK. Maybe one day we'll all evolve to your level of serene detachment.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom