TTY / replies : January 2014 - true-to-you.net

Link posted by SomeTotallyRandomMozFan:

TTY / replies : January 2014
- true-to-you.net
2 January 2014

Morrissey has answered a sixth series of questions submitted by Questions And Answers participants. These questions and Morrissey's answers are as follows.

Excerpts:

Who inspired you to sing?
KARICACSARY, Fontana.

Bobby Hatfield. He was the smaller of the two Righteous Brothers, and his falsetto swoop made me jump backwards over the settee. You should You Tube their You've lost that lovin' feelin', and you'll see what I mean. When I made the record Ringleader of the tormentors, the producer (Tony Visconti), who is a very close friend of David Bowie, tried to get both Bowie and I together to do our version of You've lost that lovin' feelin', with David doing the deep Bill Medley parts, and me doing the Bobby Hatfield shrieks. I loved this idea, but David wouldn't budge. I know I've criticized David in the past, but it's all been snotnosed junior high ribbing on my part. I think he knows that.

I was lucky enough to see you in Istanbul in July 2012. It was an amazing night, very intense, and it was a dream come true. How was it to be in Istanbul, and what do you think about the audience and the concert?
MELIS, Istanbul.

Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is called Istanbul. It is second to Rome as my most favorite city in the world...

You are one of the few personalities in modern times who have really influenced my thinking about art and life. Have you ever thought about writing a novel?
HANNA, Germany.

In 2013 I published my Autobiography and it has been more successful than any record I have ever released, so, yes, I am mid-way through my novel. I have my hopes...

Media coverage:

Last edited:
I appreciate such a careful, well thought-out response. I can tell that you care very deeply about animal rights. It sounds like this is your greatest passion in life. This is admirable. You have thought about these issues far more than I have. I have read less than a dozen books on the issue. I have concerned myself more with human rights. I agree that the concept, 'rights', is a construct, and a fairly new one. Perhaps you are right, that culturally we will evolve to see animal rights as a no-brainer, much in the same way we view human rights today, in the developed west.

I'd love to read one or more of your books. You can send me a PM or email if you want. Maybe by reading some more, I will see things differently. I am open to new ideas.

Wow! Thank you for this response. This sort of wisdom is rare on the Internet (and everywhere, really).

The issue of animal rights truly is one of my greatest passions. Possibly the greatest. I started writing books on the subject when I was 16 - which wasn't a very long time ago. Hopefully in a few years, I will have something published, and hopefully, it will be successful. Olli Brander will be the name on the cover.

Anyway, thanks for this.

I saw that somebody made the effort to write a longer article on Hitler and his religion into Wikipedia.

Which religion is that? Catholcism? What did that have to do with his beliefs about Jews and fascism in general? Was it relevant?

People like you know how to use words like "compassion", but you don't really know what it means.

What does it mean to you?

How come that the train lines to Auschwitz were never bombed?
How come that Germany was closely watched from the air and details of images analyzed and yet Americans and Brits claim that they didn't know about the concentration camps?
How come that people who were "freed" from concentration camps, found themselves in British camps with barbwire surrounding them shortly afterwards? When I heard a British soldiers's explanation "we were only following orders", I cringed, thought of Kohlberg's steps of moral development, not knowing that Kohlberg was one of the people who experienced one of those British camps.
How come that those who performed the tests on humans in the camps were flown or shipped to the USA to get a hold of the research findings and the experiments continued?
How come that people can get the death penalty in the USA nowadays based on what just one person said?
How come that those who survived the Holocaust were accused of "having allowed themselves to be led to concentration camps like sheep", a kind of disgust that could also be seen by numerous of your posts when you and your likes wrote about others beeing "sheep"

Can you tell us why? Do you know?

:)

I would like to point out (for clarity's sake) that I do not dislike Morrissey - I've never met him. I imagine that he can be delightful company (under certain circumstances). I have a feeling, however, that he is best enjoyed at a distance.

I have never gotten the impression you did not like Morrissey. But your argument is sound, none the less. I can hate Picasso, the man, and love his paintings. I can hate Gordon Ramsay, the man, but think his food is amazing. I can hate Hemingway, the man, but love his novels. That person is flat out wrong.

I don't know who that anonymous person is or why they attacked you, personally. The more I read what they wrote, the more I see how convoluted their post is. I am not sure I even know what they are trying to say. Are they in support of his Auschwitz/abattoir comment? Or not? Why the 'everyone looked the other way' rant? How does that fit in with what Morrissey said?

I like and identify with many things about Morrissey. But many things I don't. Being a loner doesn't mean you have to be misanthropic. Being concerned about animals doesn't mean you have de-value humans. Being passionate and opinionated doesn't mean you have to be cruel and crass.

"MILK IS MURDER"

Heifer whines could be human cries
closer comes the screaming calf
this beautiful creature must die
this beautiful creature must die
a death for no reason
and death for no reason is MURDER
and the froth you so fancifully foam
is not aromatic, tasty or nice
it is Milk for no reason
and Milk for no reason is MURDER
and the milk-calf you kill with a smile
is MURDER
and the veal you festively slice
is MURDER
do you know how animals die?
kitchen aromas aren't very homely
it's not "comforting", "cheery" or "kind"
it's sizzling Milk and the unholy stench
of MURDER
it's not "natural", "normal" or kind
the latte you so fancifully sip
the Milk in your mouth
as you savour the flavour
of MURDER
NO, NO, NO, IT'S MURDER
NO, NO, MILK IS MURDER
who hears when animals cry?

A complete pretender. I bet if the writer didn't have any books published you would have caved.
So easily impressed.
Girl if you have to read books to change your mind about eating animals there is something wrong with you.
The book person mads some good points but it's all obvious stuff. Really it is.
A applaud book person for keeping there temper as well as the did

Btw: why are you so hateful? I fail to see the point of this post.
It would be nice to have respectful, intelligent conversations without somebody automatically trying to ruin them.

It would be nice to have respectful, intelligent conversations without somebody automatically trying to ruin them.

:thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! Thank you for this response. This sort of wisdom is rare on the Internet (and everywhere, really).

The issue of animal rights truly is one of my greatest passions. Possibly the greatest. I started writing books on the subject when I was 16 - which wasn't a very long time ago. Hopefully in a few years, I will have something published, and hopefully, it will be successful. Olli Brander will be the name on the cover.

Anyway, thanks for this.

Almost missed this post. Thanks for the kind words. I hope you get your book(s) published, and soon. Olli Brander is a great name! I'll keep my eye out for it. :)

Which religion is that? Catholcism? What did that have to do with his beliefs about Jews and fascism in general? Was it relevant?

What does it mean to you?

Can you tell us why? Do you know?

These question were all coming late, weren't they. You have pretty good internet research skills, you should be able to figure your first question out yourself with the information that I provided. After all you are an atheist and a brilliant researcher by definition. *caugh*

And no, I am not going to do the further thinking for you only because you are too lazy to think for yourself. :)
I might change my mind IF you eventually grow a spine, but as I am officially not posting here anymore, it is doubtful.
Unfortunatly I often see something in the news and it makes me go back here. It is a pitty.

I've been thinking that since I first registered here. Debate is good; disagreeing with another's viewpoint is fine, playful teasing and banter is fine, but then retaliating with personal abuse aimed at the poster is just spiteful and pointless.

I've been thinking that since I first registered here. Debate is good; disagreeing with another's viewpoint is fine, playful teasing and banter is fine, but then retaliating with personal abuse aimed at the poster is just spiteful and pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Many years ago I saw I man I thought was the spitting image of John Cleese in a cafe on State Street in Santa Barbara that had a fantastic newspaper stand attached to it. I doubted it then years later learned he lived in Santa Barbara. When I read that it was like a star sighting in reverse. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
These question were all coming late, weren't they. You have pretty good internet research skills, you should be able to figure your first question out yourself with the information that I provided. After all you are an atheist and a brilliant researcher by definition. *caugh*

And no, I am not going to do the further thinking for you only because you are too lazy to think for yourself. :)
I might change my mind IF you eventually grow a spine, but as I am officially not posting here anymore, it is doubtful.
Unfortunatly I often see something in the news and it makes me go back here. It is a pitty.

I replied to this. But then decided to delete my post. I am trying not to fight fire with fire. And my reply was just as hostile as yours.

So all I want to say is that I regret getting involved in the discussion you were having with Anaesthesine. Clearly I was/am confused about where you are coming from because I am not privy to earlier discussions you have had with her and perhaps others here, about these issues. Your post was unclear to me and seemed cryptic. But maybe I am just late to the party.

Carry on.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom