TTY: San Francisco International Airport, part 2

I don't think anyone agrees with Moz on this. I just find it ridiculous that this whole place, full of people who dislike him, erupts into frenzies every time he says something odd/silly/stupid/etc. It happens every time. Never fails. As if there's nothing else out there for these people to engage in.
Yes, the Chapman-brigade headed by Sir FatUncle are ready at every new Moz-quote to have a go and stick in the knife.
It would have been sad if it wasn't so hilarious. The sad and ironic thing about it is of course that they spent the majority of their lives idolizing the man (literally scanning every other page where his name was mentioned in one very desperate person's case). The person they are now hates the person they were then. In fact, they are so ashamed of the people they were, they bully and berate every other person on here who comes close to resembling their former selves.

Re: San Francisco International Airport, part 2

Then wtf are you doing here?

letm e copy and paste an Anonymus post, seen on the previous page:

''I think it's pretty clear that everyone who visits here loved Morrissey 'at some point'. And when you have invested years (maybe even decades) of affection towards someone and their art, watching them turn into a self-destructive, car-crash caricature of themselves is something that's hard to turn away from. Even if it's painful. ''

I don't think anyone agrees with Moz on this. I just find it ridiculous that this whole place, full of people who dislike him, erupts into frenzies every time he says something odd/silly/stupid/etc. It happens every time. Never fails. As if there's nothing else out there for these people to engage in.

If this is the case, and you state it, so you certainly think it is, what is your opinion of Morrissey, the man once created fantastic songs, now wasting his time just to wind up some people here? Isn't there something else useful he could engage himself in?

I notice the sycophantic slags aren't even bothering to defend Morrissey's ISIS quote, and are simply complaining that people are expressing anything other than blind adoration. If your only opinion is 'everything Morrissey says and does is amazing, and beyond criticism', why do you come to a discussion forum anyway? What do you want? Page after page of identical 'Moz is amazing - yes, isn't he just' posts? What's the point in that?

If you agree with what Morrissey says about ISIS, at least try and come up with a rational argument of why you think he is right. Can you do that?

they are mozbots and act automatically they are not capable of rational analysis. they just activate at any moz criticism.
they really cannot control their actions.

no he doesnt have anything better to do. his recording and book career are over. he is running out of third world countries to tour.
trolling tty. hes just a sad sack totally irrelevant.

Yes, his grasp of the reality that's going on in the world is extremely limited. Many of his comments actually make me wonder is this guy a bit thick? As many have commented ISIS would have thrown him off a building (at best) as they have many others whose sexuality contrasts with the ideas of their stone age book. Morrissey is so out of touch to even bring their name in compared with something quite minor like a perceived wrong done to him in airport security. He must really think he's pretty important and people in the world actually give a damn about his minor woes.

I think he doesn't care about the people of Paris. What killed the single release idea for him was Universal asking the proceeds go to charity.

I also wonder why he's never ever as far as I'm aware come down hard on the Muslim practice of halal. Which is one of the most widespread and barbaric practices, guaranteeing animals a slow and painful death. Why does the West allow this when it clearly goes against our values and even animal protection laws? Because it's in the name of their f***ed up ideology.

He doesn't comment on this because it's not safe to, as this "religion" acts like the mafia. It's far better to complain about the TSA who isn't at all likely to put a hit out on him.

He isn't thick, he's a mentally ill sociopath, but he's clever enough to choose his targets carefully. If he were to condemn Halal he'd have to condemn Kosher which would cause problems sellling his snake oil to Israel. He was keen to make his hired showroom dummies in the band wear "Assad is Shit" t-shirts onstage. Let's see if he instructs them to wear "f*** ISIS" t-shirts whilst playing The Bataclan, if he were ever even allowed to be booked into that venue after his #ProfitFromParis campaign. He can also wear "f*** ISIS" t-shirts onstage in Istanbul whilst berating Muslims about how 'haram' their 'halal' is, but he's not going to do that, is he? Just as he isn't going to risk arrest by playing Bangkok and denouncing royalty. Why? Because he's an opportunistic troll who exploits the artistic freedoms of liberal secular democracies whilst claiming they are pawns in a 'conspiracy' organised by the Queen/Prince William or whatever his latest ludicrous claim is. He is delusional and should be sectioned under the mental health act next time he lands on British soil.

best
BrummieBoy

- - - Updated - - -

Why are there so many people here defending his stupidity then?

They are still trapped in the Cult of Morrissey and are exhibiting Stockholm Syndrome. This is why the debunking must continue.

best
BrummieBoy

- - - Updated - - -

So, let's theorize since everyone says that Moz is insane. Are insane people responsible for their insanity or just responsible for not treating it. Would you forgive Moz for everything he has said and done if he or someone close to him would come out about some mental problems and if he would seek treatment for it? As many people there are right now on social media who are mad at him, there are also many who say he needs help/therapy.

It's no longer relevant to talk in terms of 'forgiveness' or 'understanding'. He should be put on trial for crimes against Art, then thrown into the sea when pronounced Guilty.

best
BrummieBoy

If this is the case, and you state it, so you certainly think it is, what is your opinion of Morrissey, the man once created fantastic songs, now wasting his time just to wind up some people here? Isn't there something else useful he could engage himself in?

Morrissey the man? I don't know him, unfortunately. However, I find a lot of the stuff he posts on "his" very open and public website TTY ill-advised and unnecessary, and they're certainly not doing him any favours. I personally want him to stop. There are better and more interesting ways of communing with fans and the world.

He's not really wasting his time, though, is he? He's touring the world. And yes, he once created fantastic songs. The last batch was released little over a year ago (I guess you could refer to it as "once").

Last edited:
he's a coward. you're right - and of course is picking easy targets from the safety of liberal western society. yes, he'd condemn william but not the thai king on a tour of that country. there's little bravery or conviction in beliefs in selecting easy targets in a free society. if he really believes the queen is some kind of dictator - just try to voice anti-royal sentiments in thailand. i'd start a hashtag to promote that.

this girl: http://www.vocativ.com/world/tunisi...en-inspires-facebook-fans-to-take-it-all-off/

is very brave and isn't afraid to take a controversial stand while facing death threats

He isn't thick, he's a mentally ill sociopath, but he's clever enough to choose his targets carefully. If he were to condemn Halal he'd have to condemn Kosher which would cause problems sellling his snake oil to Israel. He was keen to make his hired showroom dummies in the band wear "Assad is Shit" t-shirts onstage. Let's see if he instructs them to wear "f*** ISIS" t-shirts whilst playing The Bataclan, if he were ever even allowed to be booked into that venue after his #ProfitFromParis campaign. He can also wear "f*** ISIS" t-shirts onstage in Istanbul whilst berating Muslims about how 'haram' their 'halal' is, but he's not going to do that, is he? Just as he isn't going to risk arrest by playing Bangkok and denouncing royalty. Why? Because he's an opportunistic troll who exploits the artistic freedoms of liberal secular democracies whilst claiming they are pawns in a 'conspiracy' organised by the Queen/Prince William or whatever his latest ludicrous claim is. He is delusional and should be sectioned under the mental health act next time he lands on British soil.

best
BrummieBoy

- - - Updated - - -

They are still trapped in the Cult of Morrissey and are exhibiting Stockholm Syndrome. This is why the debunking must continue.

best
BrummieBoy

- - - Updated - - -

It's no longer relevant to talk in terms of 'forgiveness' or 'understanding'. He should be put on trial for crimes against Art, then thrown into the sea when pronounced Guilty.

best
BrummieBoy

Maybe it was unwise of Moz to mention ISIS but the reaction of everyone shows, once more, how irrational people are and how easy terror organizations work, apparently. Terrorism only ever really becomes terrorism when it arrives and manifests itself in peoples brains. There are many things in everyday life which people should be afraid of but they aren't. The chances are bigger that you and I die in a car accident, by doctor's hand or, in some countries, by gunfire than by a terror attack.

He's not really wasting his time, though, is he? He's touring the world. And yes, he once created fantastic songs. The last batch was released little over a year ago (I guess you could refer to it as "once").

I admit i quite liked World Peace, which puts me in a special place between ''haters'' and ''sycophants'' i guess :). But as I explaine din another thread, this drunken (?) run of amok of him lately overshadows any past glories for me.

I notice the sycophantic slags aren't even bothering to defend Morrissey's ISIS quote, and are simply complaining that people are expressing anything other than blind adoration. If your only opinion is 'everything Morrissey says and does is amazing, and beyond criticism', why do you come to a discussion forum anyway? What do you want? Page after page of identical 'Moz is amazing - yes, isn't he just' posts? What's the point in that?

If you agree with what Morrissey says about ISIS, at least try and come up with a rational argument of why you think he is right. Can you do that?

great comment :thumb: i bet marred and agathaC agree with Moz, since they think he can do no wrong

I admit i quite liked World Peace, which puts me in a special place between ''haters'' and ''sycophants'' i guess :). But as I explaine din another thread, this drunken (?) run of amok of him lately overshadows any past glories for me.

You're not a sycophant for simply loving an artist and his/her music, or agreeing with a lot of what he/she is saying (it is possible to have stuff in common with people).
A sycophant would praise even this weird TTY statement - something that no one has done.

It's sad that you feel that these foolish non-entities on TTY overshadows major masterpieces like Vauxhall, TQID, et al.

Our Moz has said a lot of extreme things over the years. Some of it I've agreed with, some not so much, some of it gratingly repetitive (Royals). Still, I've generally enjoyed watching media sparks fly and know that it's just Morrissey's MO.

"Sub-species" was not a good moment, but still can be forgiven as an unfortunate outburst.

Norway massacre/animal slaughter analogy was cold and calculated -- my heart sank reading those words from an artist we used to regard as a sensitive being. He did issue an apology, which helped a little.

Now bringing up ISIS in an attempt at vulgar cynicism -- this soon after Paris -- another low on the order of the above.

Really hope he takes a step back and reassesses… Hate to see the haters here (who've been overreacting for years and probably consider themselves as seers now) given this much grist.

It's sad that you feel that these foolish non-entities on TTY overshadows major masterpieces like Vauxhall, TQID, et al.

I do often wonder - has Morrissey lost the plot relatively recently, or has he always been like this, but it was less obvious as we'd only hear from him in proper interviews written up in NME, Q, etc?
If he had access to something like TTY to spout his ongoing mental health issues during the years of 'Vauxhall', or 'The Queen is Dead' , would those albums have been soured by similar outbursts?

By giving us an unfiltered access to the 'real' Morrissey, I think ironically True To You is actually doing his reputation a lot more harm than if he'd just keep a mysterious and dignified silence, and let his records/shows do the talking.

ISIS comment was in very poor taste, but why are so many posters reading it as literal?

Come on guys, it's abundantly clear that the comparison was purely for shock value, in other words - business as usual.

ISIS comment was in very poor taste, but why are so many posters reading it as literal?

Come on guys, it's abundantly clear that the comparison was purely for shock value, in other words - business as usual.

People take everything as literal on the internet. You can't do or say anything any more. Same for nights out in a pub where people are too busy staring at their phones to be bothered talking, and every move you make is photographed without your permission. Spontaneity is dead. The internet is a haven for people with personality disorders. Hence Moz can't say a word without being crucified, resurrected, and nailed all over again. The people wielding the hammers are usually smelly dysfunctional non-entities cowering like poisoned rats in the soft safe stuffing of their couch.

The following is not a rationalization of his post, just a thought. Something to consider is that Moz is a bit of a copy cat. While one side is pulling his sleeve wanting him to be the enigmatic, mysterious voice of THEIR tortured youth, the other side is pulling his sleeve wanting him to embrace the youth of today with their twitter/instagram culture. So perhaps Moz is studying Twitter which is largely comedians testing the comic waters by saying outlandish things about current events. So Morrissey tries doing the same thing, (Thorough Sexual Assault though not particularly funny is an attempt at humor) but it's not on Twitter, it's on his regal-voiced fan-hosted "official" Morrissey Page so it comes off as sounding ridiculous and official, when really it's Morrissey blowing steam like all the other people do on Twitter. He wants us to read his reality both ways, that he's an important person deserving of recognition while also just "one of us" but it reads like a drunk uncle cracking jokes at a funeral.

Morrissey on front of Msn.com, it is about time SOMEONE addressed the issuebof weird pat downs. Does this make us safer for weirdos to check out private areas for weapons?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom