TTY: September UK dates (Hull Sep. 18, London Sep. 20 and 21)

Now now brummie stay on topic, of course Oliver Cromwell didn't throw babies in sewers, he burned them alive instead, of course I'm a celtic fan I'm typing this, zombie sevco fans are unable to type due to their knuckles dragging along the pavement, I'm eagerly awaiting news of some more shows, manchester or liverpool would be good, blackpool would be great

I posted that comment before Kewpie rebuked you. You are inviting her wrath. Stay on topic. Nothing in your comment relates to ticket sales today, please stop trying to disrupt this thread by trolling me, it won't work. I'm very interested in these ticket sales. Morrissey has one of the most devoted fan cults in the business yet even he appears to have misjudged the public appetite/ability to find the money for renewed shows so close to his recent arena tour. He's not the only one in this fix. With the collapse of recording incomes, touring is the only way to fund previous lifestyles from a bygone era of advances/CD sales. I'm am doubtful that Morrissey is touring so much because he loves travelling 18 hours to play for 75 minutes, though I imagine he is rich enough to retire to slippers, pipe and a few games of golf. But then he wouldn't have the adulation of his crank-Cult giving him the comfort that he hasn't wasted his life singing 'Meat Is Murder' whilst killing cows for his backstage cheese. When he's off stage for good, the depression will drag him under as he has to face his life of crime as an Mother-f***er and an Udder-Sucker. Mother cows get raped to provide his cheese, their babies can't feed on mom's milk because Morrissey's guzzling at the teat. Or his cheezy friends making Dubliner Kerrygold are on his behalf. Incredibly, he STILL hasn't publicly confirmed he's become Vegan and/or repented his life of cow crimes. Too late now as #VegAnarchyInTheUK is mixed and his head will metaphorically roll in Verse 3....wait and see...

Now, back to those ticket sales. Yup, just checked at 13:50 & loaded 6 x standing each night into the checkout basket. It's nowhere near selling out. A sign of the times? Or a particular snippet of feedback from Joe Public about Morrissey's outbursts of late? Probably both, but the prices are really steep for a brief 75 min set. Don't reply unless you want to comment on the topic thread.

best
GOBB
in a Yellow Jersey

I posted that comment before Kewpie rebuked you. You are inviting her wrath. Stay on topic. Nothing in your comment relates to ticket sales today, please stop trying to disrupt this thread by trolling me, it won't work. I'm very interested in these ticket sales. Morrissey has one of the most devoted fan cults in the business yet even he appears to have misjudged the public appetite/ability to find the money for renewed shows so close to his recent arena tour. He's not the only one in this fix. With the collapse of recording incomes, touring is the only way to fund previous lifestyles from a bygone era of advances/CD sales. I'm am doubtful that Morrissey is touring so much because he loves travelling 18 hours to play for 75 minutes, though I imagine he is rich enough to retire to slippers, pipe and a few games of golf. But then he wouldn't have the adulation of his crank-Cult giving him the comfort that he hasn't wasted his life singing 'Meat Is Murder' whilst killing cows for his backstage cheese. When he's off stage for good, the depression will drag him under as he has to face his life of crime as an Mother-f***er and an Udder-Sucker. Mother cows get raped to provide his cheese, their babies can't feed on mom's milk because Morrissey's guzzling at the teat. Or his cheezy friends making Dubliner Kerrygold are on his behalf. Incredibly, he STILL hasn't publicly confirmed he's become Vegan and/or repented his life of cow crimes. Too late now as #VegAnarchyInTheUK is mixed and his head will metaphorically roll in Verse 3....wait and see...

Now, back to those ticket sales. Yup, just checked at 13:50 & loaded 6 x standing each night into the checkout basket. It's nowhere near selling out. A sign of the times? Or a particular snippet of feedback from Joe Public about Morrissey's outbursts of late? Probably both, but the prices are really steep for a brief 75 min set. Don't reply unless you want to comment on the topic thread.

best
GOBB
in a Yellow Jersey

My view for what its worth, is that its down to the price of tickets and lack of availability of new material. Most people don't see/read the shit he spouts out, as he doesn't get in the mainstream press nowadays and it generally appears on websites. From my perspective, this morning I booked Morrissey tickets at £75 and New Order at £41. If I could have only afforded one it would have been New Order simply because they have a brand new album coming out in September (which Mute are doing a brilliant marketing job on - Morrissey may want to take note) and the ticket price is not far off half that of the Morrissey shows.

Not sure what the fascination is with ticket sales is though, Birmingham wasn't sold out but it was a great gig and he called it out as the best on the tour?

Thats just my view, appreciate everyone is different

- - - Updated - - -

Discussing 2 morrissey songs on a morrissey forum is on topic, never heard of " bomb chucker" though, is that one of your UVF anthems?

Uvf - yes am using factor 50 at the moment

Gotta say I was surprised by the price being a bit on the high side but it is Moz in a fairly decent venue (each to their own on it, I've seen a few music shows there and some the sounds was great others it was a bit tinny and lost), do wonder how they stop the non standing people from entering the standing area as surely they can just hop over the seats but I got a standing ticket so I'm not that fussed. Hopefully this will be one of the better shows, Palladium for me just did not work, sound was awful and no atmosphere in seats round me, O2 rocked and was nearly up there at the top (Battersea for me is still the best one I've seen but so was Ally Pally)

still standing tickets available for Hammersmith, I wonder if the price is putting people off. And the high chance of cancellation/walk off...

still standing tickets available for Hammersmith, I wonder if the price is putting people off. And the high chance of cancellation/walk off...

You can still get 6 standing tickets per night, no problem. Why not buy tickets for your family and friends, everybody? It's a bargain price, isn't it? What's happened to The Cult? Why aren't they returning in their droves? 18,000 at the O2, but he can't even shift 2 nights at Eventim Apollo. Maybe, on reflection, those who were parted with their cash in the O2 have decided "fool me once...." Hilarious to wonder what Morrissey's doing right now. He usually pipes up and trills with joy when his UK shows sell out within a few minutes, but I wonder if he'll issue a plea for support now that it seems the 'fans' have decided to go and see New Order or the Bunnymen, or whatever it is that they do when not pretending that Morrissey is an Animal Liberationist. An amusing day and Cavendish wins the etappe! Excellent!!!!

best
The Ghost Of BrummieBoy
enjoying Le Sprint Royale!

Tickets have been on sale for over 12 hours, and still not sold out. This must be one of Morrissey's slowest selling UK shows yet. I think he's priced himself out of the market this time.

Tickets have been on sale for over 12 hours, and still not sold out. This must be one of Morrissey's slowest selling UK shows yet. I think he's priced himself out of the market this time.

Yes, just checked and easily loaded 6 x standing seats for both nights into the checkout basket. 13 hours after the box-office opened, there is a resounding absence of interest in these gigs. I picture Morrissey in a bathrobe with a Noel Coward soundtrack hissing "Bitch, better have my money" to the promoters. It's hilarious stuff. Total humiliation and over-reach. After The Black Curtain Arena Tour fake sell-out propaganda we now have this debacle. Kate Bush sold out 22 shows there, could have sold out 50 more given the demand. Let's get this 'icon' into perspective. Outside of the delusional cult on this site, he is nothing more than a bizarre tabloid curiosity, a hothead loadmouth. We're watching Hot Chip at T In The Park, they're not very good but at least they don't pretend to be anything they're not. The fake rebel yell of Morrissey Inc is now the sound of a punctured windbag balloon. How long before he goes the Marc Almond route? I will sit back and watch his downfall with relish, he is too vain and arrogant to accept this snub by the great unwashed British public. Expect a delirious rant/outburst on TTY within the next few days as he ventilates his inchoate anger about being snubbed by the clueless London consumers. Probably some nonsense about topical Greece. A wonderful day for those who wish to restore consensual reality parameters to all things related to this Crank-Fraud udder-sucking cow murderer.

best
The Ghost Of Brummie Boy
[smirking, LOLing and turning in his grave in delight]

I live in sweden so its propably the taxes. I decided to pass it up. For one ticket and flight and only this i have to pony up about 250 quids. With food propably 280. I can't do it. Devastated i really wanted to see him. Had My letter written and all

sad to hear this but you are young and impatient. fortunately morrissey is in good shape, praise to god to keep him here:) as long as he can and i hope your wish will come true.

i'm aware that belgrade, where i live, comparing with london is lower desirable destination to visit but in case you decide to come, i shall enjoy being your host or guide :)

who knows - maybe morrissey illuminates belgrade once again?!

if he doesn't, you have your music loves on the list: blur, pulp and (your dearest of all) noel :rofl:

keep the spirit, baby tynamuna :)

So, a day later and you can STILL get 6 Standing tickets for each night in London into the checkout basket with no problem. I assume the same applies to other areas of the venue. This is a really significant moment in Morrissey's career. London is the epicentre of his whole world fanbase (alongside Manchester). Whether it's public revulsion at the ticket prices, disinterest in another show so soon after the O2, or an exhaustion with his ranting antics in the media, it does not bode well for his perennial strategy of dangling sold out live shows to record companies as bait for a recording advance. They will be watching this closely and will concluded, correctly, that even his previously rabid 'fan' base are balking at attending his shows for some reason. The same assumption will be made about a future recorded music product, especially after the tantrums and hissy fit diva prissy bitch antics surrounding the release of WPINOYB. A live album as bait now looks especially ill-advised as it will clearly be labelled The Black Curtain Show by wags on this site and elsewhere. In numerous blips from TTY Morrissey has trumpeted quick sold-out notices for shows. He's claimed, erroneously, to be 'bigger than Radiohead' in Greece. He travels to the far-flung corners of the world to pay to the local rich elites not realising that he is just another novelty western act that they tick off their bucket list alongside Paul McCartney and Katy Perry. I've been to these places and the act is largely immaterial, it's just a Big Night Out for rich folk as most locals balk at the ticket prices. When you travel you meet people who tick off destinations on their list, they have 2 days to 'do Iceland' and it's all for their Social Media vanity projects, so people can see they have the wealth to travel. It's now the same with gigs, people want to tick off an ex-Beatle, an ex-Smith because such acts as McCartney and Morrissey are now like showroom dummies at Madame Tussauds or the Hard Rock Cafe. They peddle an utterly discredited notion of music as a vector of personal, social and political 'rebellion' in vacuous corporate arenas to Herd Culture victims who only care that there's load music and flashing lights to make their drug trips more exciting. Promoters will be analysing the first days sales carefully and will use this as leverage to hammer down Morrissey's future booking fees. He will have to take it or lump it, just as he has to accept that he is no longer of any interest to record companies other than as a Boomer Heritage act. If he does the Greatest Hits/Entire Album show stuff then they'll see profit, but they will not be interested in amy more of his WPINOYB new stuff, especially after his bizarre outbursts at Harvest Records. We see this all as part of the karmic wave of destruction which will bury Morrissey under his decades of deceptions about Animal Liberation. It couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

best
The Ghost Of BrummieBoy

We where put off a little at the O2 by so many brand new songs, but by the B'ham gig the set list looked pretty good. His voice seemed in good nick for both shows.
Live, he even seems jolly, well, happy to be there, in his own very self deprecating way. He could do himself a big favour, stop talking to the NME, start thinking about how
people like Brian May help their causes along by taking people with them, rather than looking like a whining child.

Oh I do wish AFPalmer had a chance to sit him down and explain that record companies are just old hat. Register a kickstarter campaign, record an album, sell the distribution rights.
For goodness sake -> Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

We where put off a little at the O2 by so many brand new songs, but by the B'ham gig the set list looked pretty good. His voice seemed in good nick for both shows.
Live, he even seems jolly, well, happy to be there, in his own very self deprecating way. He could do himself a big favour, stop talking to the NME, start thinking about how
people like Brian May help their causes along by taking people with them, rather than looking like a whining child.

Oh I do wish AFPalmer had a chance to sit him down and explain that record companies are just old hat. Register a kickstarter campaign, record an album, sell the distribution rights.
For goodness sake -> Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

There are some excellent ways to get your stuff out there nowadays whilst also connecting with your fans in different ways. Buzzcocks are a good example they utilised Pledge Music for their last album, where as the company names suggests, fans pledge their cash and if the goals are met the album is produced and distributed through them.

Why Morrissey doesn't do this is beyond me

Buzzcocks were offering things like hand written lyrics to a song of your choice for £50, imagine what Morrissey could charge for something like that

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/buzzcocks

Last edited:
There are some excellent ways to get your stuff out there nowadays whilst also connecting with your fans in different ways. Buzzcocks are a good example they utilised Pledge Music for their last album, where as the company names suggests, fans pledge their cash and if the goals are met the album is produced and distributed through them.

Why Morrissey doesn't do this is beyond me

Buzzcocks were offering things like hand written lyrics to a song of your choice for £50, imagine what Morrissey could charge for something like that

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/buzzcocks

Maybe because morrissey does not want to be a whoring vending machine. An artist should offer goods in favor of money an artist should command it with talent, if they can't than though luck you had the chance. As morrissey does and did. This sort of kickstarter campaign is more suited for the working class indie band who don't have the contacts, money or "right style of music" to make it in this new music business where other values have been installed. Music's business is no longer to be good or speak to the nme and melody maker youth. It's design for the fast tracked, who has no time for the analytical and deep lyrics. Go read a book they say. This is generation who "meh"s everything. So long that it's a bit adrenaline rushing. People without a established reputation and a policy not to be jerked around use these sort of campaigns. If moz did this it would be the ultimate sad sign of times.

No offense to buzzcocks, I think they are brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe because morrissey does not want to be a whoring vending machine. An artist should over goods in favor of money an artist should command it with talent, if they can't than though luck you had the chance. As morrissey does and did. This sort of kickstarter campaign is more suited for the working class indie band who don't have the contacts, money or "right style of music" to make it in this new music business where other values have been installed. Music's business is no longer to be good or speak to the nme and melody maker youth. It's design for the fast tracked, who has time for the analytical and deep lyrics. Go read a book they say. This is generation who "meh"s everything. So long that it's a bit adrenaline rushing. People without a established reputation and a policy not to be jerked around use these sort of campaigns. If moz did this it would be the ultimate sad sign of times.

No offense to buzzcocks, I think they are brilliant.

Whats the alternative, there doesn't appear to be a number of record companies knocking on his door right now? If you look at the list of artists that have used pledge music, there are some well known names, as well as unknown artists. Just this week OMD, The Libertines and Duane Eddy are releasing material via them.

Whats the alternative, there doesn't appear to be a number of record companies knocking on his door right now? If you look at the list of artists that have used pledge music, there are some well known names, as well as unknown artists. Just this week OMD, The Libertines and Duane Eddy are releasing material via them.
Surface I know what you mean. The options are slim. But somethings are more worth than a record deal. Also for the known names using kick starter and etc. well no offence but as good as they are they were never in morrissey league or commanded the almost aristocratic view of album making that moz has(in my opinion, so the mods and anon don't lose their s*it They clinging question is: morrissey from at least the recent interviews have claimed that music is his lifeblood. Will morrissey perishe of music disappear from him?. If so is he willing to but on those figure flattering jeans and bend over for a record deal? I mean I don't believe morrissey to be the man who is just happy with having a great legacy.

I don't want him to go down this route, but I see it coming. The man values his words and music

Last edited by a moderator:
Surface I know what you mean. The options are slim. But somethings are more worth than a record deal. Also for the known names using kick starter and etc. well no offence but as good as they are they were never in morrissey league or commanded the almost aristocratic view of album making that moz has(in my opinion, so the mods and anon don't lose their s*it They clinging question is: morrissey from at least the recent interviews have claimed that music is his lifeblood. Will morrissey perishe of music disappear from him?. If so is he willing to but on those figure flattering jeans and bend over for a record deal? I mean I don't believe morrissey to be the man who is just happy with having a great legacy.

I don't want him to go down this route, but I see it coming. The man values his words and music

Don't know what the answer is, it does look like he falls out with record companies, World Peace (which personally I liked) being a good example. With the alternative route, there is no one to fall out with.

Don't know what the answer is, it does look like he falls out with record companies, World Peace (which personally I liked) being a good example. With the alternative route, there is no one to fall out with.

Thanks for a interesting conversation surface. You did not jump don't my throath for uttering views that many do. Will never post a picture of myself in this forum. I'll have my ass handed to me at future moz shows. Haha, also the fact that you needed to put in parentheses that you liked WPINOYB means that I have said I dislike WPINOYB too much on this forum. I am getting Stockholm syndromed by one of your own and staircase at the university.

sad to hear this but you are young and impatient. fortunately morrissey is in good shape, praise to god to keep him here:) as long as he can and i hope your wish will come true.

i'm aware that belgrade, where i live, comparing with london is lower desirable destination to visit but in case you decide to come, i shall enjoy being your host or guide :)

who knows - maybe morrissey illuminates belgrade once again?!

if he doesn't, you have your music loves on the list: blur, pulp and (your dearest of all) noel :rofl:

keep the spirit, baby tynamuna :)

Thank you my little gem. I fill up with high spirits when I see you little screen name

Indeed. Let moz live a thousand years even if he decides to spend 500 years of those spitting in my face. Viva moz! That hairy manly bastard.

I never thought of Belgrade until this. But I shall come there when moz goes. I can then meet you :). Oh ever so much fun will have 1413935769190_wps_5_TELEVISION_PROGRAMME_LITT.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom