TTY: Sydney book signing at Books Kinokuniya (May 22, 2015 5 pm)

Lovely little story. Also like Istanbul, but I think the whole World Peace Album is wunderful.
Looking forward to your videos. Thank you!

thanks for the stories. I don't really get nervous like, sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes very much a bad thing, that but who knows what id say. id probably rehearse scenarios as I usually do in situations like that perhaps make a joke or reference. id probably ask him about the novel

Ok this is how it went.

Me: No need to be nervous. It's only me.

Moz: (laughs) Okay.

Me: Hi Morrissey, I'm Adam.

We shake hands.

Moz: (smiles) Hello Adam.

He starts writing my name in my book. I just start babbling...

Me: I think Istanbul is one of the most beautiful songs you've written in....(I was stumped for words here so there was a very long pause)

Moz: (smiles) In a year?

Me: No, no, no, in like many, many years. I just love it so much. It's just so beautiful.

Moz: Well I think so too.

Me: I can listen to it over and over again. I have it on loop constantly.

I dunno he may have replied to that but I was too happy to notice.

Me: Anyway thank you for coming to Australia again, thank you for playing these shows at the Opera House. I'm going twice.

Then i said...

Me: Can I give you a birthday hug Morrissey?

The bald dude said we're not doing hugs. But Morrissey bless him was already standing with arms open wide and I just jumped in for a hug that almost has me in tears now just typing it out for this message.

Me: (while hugging) Thank you Morrissey.

Mo: (while hugging) Thank you Adam.

Or he may have said "That's okay Adam", not 100% certain. Morrissey was nothing but charm, warmth and genuine. I watched most of the signings and meetings afterwards and at no point was he tired of meeting the fans.

The longest video has a decent bit of Moz but the other 2 were shut down by security.

IMG_0544_zpsssbzywmc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'll post videos a bit later.

Good stuff Adam. Would like to see the vids when you can.

I'd love to meet him someday.....don't care if he's 75....I'm not sure what I'd even say. I've met Johnny and Andy......assume I could meet Mike pretty easily but Morrissey would be tough for sure.

If you want to watch full screen you have to hit the vimeo tab. I suggest you do so you can see Moz bigger in frame. The first clip is when Julia was chatting to him before the official queue got going and I was far enough back so the guards weren't on to me. The other 2 clips have very little of Moz because of that very reason, but he's in them all the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this is how it went.

We shake hands.

Me: I think Istanbul is one of the most beautiful songs you've written in....(I was stumped for words here so there was a very long pause)

Me: No, no, no, in like many, many years. I just love it so much. It's just so beautiful.

Me: Anyway thank you for coming to Australia again, thank you for playing these shows at the Opera House. I'm going twice.

Then i said...

The bald dude said we're not doing hugs. But Morrissey bless him was already standing with arms open wide and I just jumped in for a hug that almost has me in tears now just typing it out for this message.

Or he may have said "That's okay Adam", not 100% certain. Morrissey was nothing but charm, warmth and genuine. I watched most of the signings and meetings afterwards and at no point was he tired of meeting the fans.

The longest video has a decent bit of Moz but the other 2 were shut down by security.

IMG_0544_zpsssbzywmc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dawwwwwww. Super happy for you Marred.

I agree that these jeans look crap, but the Australian contestant tonight offers serious competition.
And those were tough pants to follow.

Many, many, many heartfelt thanks for all of your beautiful stories, pictures and videos. They are truly appreciated. I feel like fainting by only reading about your experiences, so happy for you!

Ok this is how it went.

We shake hands.

Then i said...

IMG_0544_zpsssbzywmc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ok pass me the sick bucket again I'm gunna chuck up ! Jeees ! I had you down as a Sheila !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Ok this is how it went.

We shake hands.

Then i said...

IMG_0544_zpsssbzywmc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My exact thoughts after the Gothenburg signing. This is one genuine and warm dude. And a great, great hugger (Nancy was right). I'll never forget that hug and nor will you forget yours. Bless you. And bless him.

My exact thoughts after the Gothenburg signing. This is one genuine and warm dude. And a great, great hugger (Nancy was right). I'll never forget that hug and nor will you forget yours. Bless you. And bless him.

Thank you for such kind words rarely seen here.

I an soo happy for the people with the great experiences especielly the hugs from the Sydney signing. I can't help but feel sad at My meeting with Morrissey in gothenburg. I'm not sure if i'm remebering it right, but when he hugged me he had only one arm around me? I'm not sure i remember it correctly but i felt he hated me :tears:..... Which is completely understandable

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this is how it went.

:rofl: :rofl: :love:

what a precious memory!

I an soo happy for the people with the great experiences especielly the hugs from the Sydney signing. I can't help but feel sad at My meeting with Morrissey in gothenburg. I'm not sure if i'm remebering it right, but when he hugged me he had only one arm around me? I'm not sure i remember it correctly but i felt he hated me :tears:..... Which is completely understandable

oh, noo!! :hug: :hug:

p.s. you said yourself that you don't remember correctly, then - who knows what really had happened?! :rofl:

i'm sure he'd behave differently in imaginary situation where you are in the position of an aquintance not of a 'fan' because he appreciates good people.

and you certainly have one thing in common - you don't like yourselves:(. in his case, that feeling (or state) was one of the wellsprings of his creativity:). what about you? :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom