TTY: Thank you, New York City - Morrissey on endangered species art lighting up Empire State Buildin

Last edited:
Why demonize a word? It gives it power. It's a real word with a real history. NIGGERS have been subjected to being banished to their areas for centuries. It's an applicable word to the sentiment of the post above it, I should just GO BACK TO MY DESIGNATED AREA AND STOP TALKING LIKE A GOOD n*****.

You're not being oppressed, you're an over-privileged heap clouding a thread on a message board with impertinent garbage.

But this site was started out by someone who was not only a fan but probably a super-fan, who used to run a fanzine on Morrissey before the days of the internet.

The narrative of why this site as started has had to change somewhat after Morrissey and David had a falling out. David will deny this buy I believe this is the truth. I'm pretty sure when David was first dreaming up Morrissey-Solo back on the good ole days he wasn't envisioning a site where so MANY people would come and pillory Morrissey on a daily basis.

And can I tell you something, it used to be this way. A few years back this was a genuinely lovely site to come and visit and there was some of the most lovely people posting here. Were there trolls? Sure? Was every move Morissey made roundly applauded? No, but there was nothing like the level of hate and almost violence that you get today.

You note it is 'some' posters that come here to be critical of Morrissey. On certain threads it is the vast majority of posters who hate Morrissey dominating the thread. I don't think Morrissey walks on water, I have been critical of him in the past on these boards but the level of hate generated at him, day after day, by a large majority of people that post here is a depressing sight knowing that these forums were created out of a great love for Morrissey.

That and I also know how it used to be around here. What's happened to this site is a f***en tragedy.

Well put bhops. I have only been a member since 2009. I see that you have been a member since 2006. I agree with everything you have written except for the bolded part above in that for me personally I am not as bothered by the critical posts as much as I am the way certain posters respond to posts they don't like. Calling someone an a**hole, or c*nt, because of something that they wrote is a little too much for my taste.

Let me say, you are one of the few who go up against Brummie and for the most part hold your own as a defender of Morrissey the artist and as being a good person in general. Everyone has their shortcomings. Morrissey is no different. It does get a little much to have CheeseGate and Milk is Murder shoved down our eye holes on a steady basis, but I find it all a bit entertaining in a way. Also, I find it almost impossible to believe the amount of time Brummie spends (or now ghost of Brummie, or other famous individual playing the part of Brummie) on this site. He is obviously very intelligent and witty, but at the same time intense to an extreme that can definitely be off-putting to some. For myself, I just scan through his posts looking for something different than what he has written hundreds of times before. There is something to be said for those characters on this site that keep it alive and engaging. My two cents.

I am on this site mostly for a few minutes each weekday and during my lunch hour so I really look forward to reading the spirited debates that take place here especially those that veer off topic (much to the dismay of the moderators), and are conducted in a joking manner. CG vs. Reality Bites, CG vs. Brummie, Brummie vs. you, Charlie Cheswick vs. Brummie, Irish Heart vs. that English guy, etc. The back and forth (if they can stay on topic and/or out of the moderators' clutches) I find quite enjoyable. Maybe that is just me, but I would hate for that part of this site to end.

But this site was started out by someone who was not only a fan but probably a super-fan, who used to run a fanzine on Morrissey before the days of the internet.

The narrative of why this site as started has had to change somewhat after Morrissey and David had a falling out. David will deny this buy I believe this is the truth. I'm pretty sure when David was first dreaming up Morrissey-Solo back on the good ole days he wasn't envisioning a site where so MANY people would come and pillory Morrissey on a daily basis.

And can I tell you something, it used to be this way. A few years back this was a genuinely lovely site to come and visit and there was some of the most lovely people posting here. Were there trolls? Sure? Was every move Morissey made roundly applauded? No, but there was nothing like the level of hate and almost violence that you get today.

You note it is 'some' posters that come here to be critical of Morrissey. On certain threads it is the vast majority of posters who hate Morrissey dominating the thread. I don't think Morrissey walks on water, I have been critical of him in the past on these boards but the level of hate generated at him, day after day, by a large majority of people that post here is a depressing sight knowing that these forums were created out of a great love for Morrissey.

That and I also know how it used to be around here. What's happened to this site is a f***en tragedy.
I bet this was a lovely site at one time. There's too many unhappy people filled with despair and self loathing attracted to this site.

Oh well, off to work, Have a good day:)

Last edited:
how come its the pro mozzers that spout off this racist drivel.

You're not being oppressed, you're an over-privileged heap clouding a thread on a message board with impertinent garbage.

You're here.

Why demonize a word? It gives it power. It's a real word with a real history. NIGGERS have been subjected to being banished to their areas for centuries. It's an applicable word to the sentiment of the post above it, I should just GO BACK TO MY DESIGNATED AREA AND STOP TALKING LIKE A GOOD n*****.

- - - Updated - - -

As a white girl it is absolutely not your place to be prescribing how and where that word should be used.

If the owners of this site didn't have the sense to ban you before for your spurious, slanderous, diatribes, now is definitely the time, you disgust me.

As a white girl it is absolutely not your place to be prescribing how and where that word should be used.

If the owners of this site didn't have the sense to ban you before for your spurious, slanderous, diatribes, now is definitely the time, you disgust me.

11826011_904309079616022_1945632770856653256_n.jpg

That's a crock of shit.

I like your posts, CG. For the life of me I don't even begin to understand your 'signs/mind babies' thing, but by and large, I happen to think you're hilarious, and extraordinarily rational and pragmatic..... at times. In the last few weeks you've posted that you're having problems and you're not well. You're latest offerings seem to be proof of that. Can't you find it in yourself to take the energy you're expending on this website and focus it on the much more important issue of getting mentally healthy?

Everybody's got strikes and gutters. Morrissey's no different. He's not going anywhere. Moz has a strong will and a devoted audience. He'd want you to take care of yourself, rather than worrying about/defending him.

Horseshit. The people make the site, not the site itself. Have a go at the people, not the site. If you think there's bias to post stuff you don't like, you're wrong, and the only possible conclusion is that the people make the content. Just like Youtube.

P.

Horseshit. The people make the site, not the site itself. Have a go at the people, not the site. If you think there's bias to post stuff you don't like, you're wrong, and the only possible conclusion is that the people make the content. Just like Youtube.

P.
Damn. This would be such a great planet. If it wasn't for the people:)

Interesting....Interesting Doug. True there are some posters who are overly critical of everything Morrissey does and says and there are equally others that insist on giving him a free pass no matter what utterances come out of his mouth or fingers. Sweep the poop under the carpet to continue your analogy.

It is also interesting how you referred to this as a "fan site". As far as I know, the Morrissey-Solo web site was constructed by David T. as a forum for anyone who wishes to comment on and discuss all things Morrissey. Maybe I am missing it, but where exactly does it state that this is a fan site?

I know many here are frustrated by the few that continually try to cut Morrissey out at the knees every chance they get, but I prefer the open architecture of this site vs. an overly moderated one that would consist of posts like "Morrissey is the best isn't he?"..."He sure is!"..."Each album he makes gets better and better!"

Lastly, if Morrissey can take to TTY to post his hyperbolic diatribes on whatever crusade he has chosen to pursue in any given day or week, I see no reason why those who find Morrissey of interest cannot take to this site to see if others share a similar opinion.

I value the freedom to speak my opinion here and not have it modded away for being critical of Morrissey, so cheers to that. He says and does more things to invite criticism than a lot of people and even fans are going to call some of these spades spades if they're being objective. There's no need to sanitize that. A thing happens, good, bad, or otherwise, and we fans talk about it.

And my own thoughts about Morrissey have sadly become more mixed over the years, down from a peak of exuberant, if half blind, admiration. And if I have something critical to say, I say it. I don't try to be a part of some Taylor Swift style teen twitter defense league - Morrissey decamped from this place years ago and doesn't need defenders. If you're seeing others do that, I'll take your word for it. They could just have different opinions, things being subjective and all, but you've observed whatever you've observed.

But that's where you and some much less pleasant commenters mistake me, earnestly in your case I suspect and deliberately in theirs. There's a big difference between level, open, critical conversation, which I have no problem with, and the unfailing opportunistic bitter shitting that some users here engage in every day. I'm not going to entertain your suggestion that this is something other than a fan site. That's an unworthy nonstarter for me, which is why these people's seemingly vendetta-driven behavior here is just bafflingly absurd.

They're free to come spray their shit everywhere and I'm free to mock and lance them for spending their days doing that on a site dedicated to someone they have such scathing contempt for. That doesn't mean I want some other person to bite their tongue instead of saying they don't like a song or an album or a show or a shirt or a public statement or whatever.

This is a place that Morrissey fans come to enjoy talking about Morrissey things with other Morrissey fans. The shitters' goal on the other hand is different - it's just to poison the atmosphere with sewage and then stand back and jack off while watching everyone else have to deal with it - I don't even think it's really about Morrissey for them anymore, just the jacking off. Either that or they're trapped here for some reason, bitter about it, and have nothing else to do. Either way they're pathetic and it's gratifying to tell them so. So, now I'm satisfied for a while. It was nice talking to you.

Agreed, 100%. She just called another member a c*** and then used the n-word....as a Morrissey fan, it is so embarrassing that this kind of behavior is allowed repeatedly on this site.

As far as I know, the TOS specifically says members cannot "upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable" nor "stalk or otherwise harass another."

This unhinged forum member is never banned for her repeatedly unacceptable behavior. It's sickening.

I value the freedom to speak my opinion here and not have it modded away for being critical of Morrissey, so cheers to that. He says and does more things to invite criticism than a lot of people and even fans are going to call some of these spades spades if they're being objective. There's no need to sanitize that. A thing happens, good, bad, or otherwise, and we fans talk about it.

And my own thoughts about Morrissey have sadly become more mixed over the years, down from a peak of exuberant, if half blind, admiration. And if I have something critical to say, I say it. I don't try to be a part of some Taylor Swift style teen twitter defense league - Morrissey decamped from this place years ago and doesn't need defenders. If you're seeing others do that, I'll take your word for it. They could just have different opinions, things being subjective and all, but you've observed whatever you've observed.

But that's where you and some much less pleasant commenters mistake me, earnestly in your case I suspect and deliberately in theirs. There's a big difference between level, open, critical conversation, which I have no problem with, and the unfailing opportunistic bitter shitting that some users here engage in every day. I'm not going to entertain your suggestion that this is something other than a fan site. That's an unworthy nonstarter for me, which is why these people's seemingly vendetta-driven behavior here is just bafflingly absurd.

They're free to come spray their shit everywhere and I'm free to mock and lance them for spending their days doing that on a site dedicated to someone they have such scathing contempt for. That doesn't mean I want some other person to bite their tongue instead of saying they don't like a song or an album or a show or a shirt or a public statement or whatever.

This is a place that Morrissey fans come to enjoy talking about Morrissey things with other Morrissey fans. The shitters' goal on the other hand is different - it's just to poison the atmosphere with sewage and then stand back and jack off while watching everyone else have to deal with it - I don't even think it's really about Morrissey for them anymore, just the jacking off. Either that or they're trapped here for some reason, bitter about it, and have nothing else to do. Either way they're pathetic and it's gratifying to tell them so. So, now I'm satisfied for a while. It was nice talking to you.

you spend too much time analyzing this forum. its like you are obsessed with it. go out and buy some bandwith and start your own where you ban everybody.

P.

Yep keep peddling that line of bullshit buddy and why we're at it I have a great property with sea views in Switzerland to sell you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom