TTY: The Labels Won't Listen - photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner

People should get their head out of their arses. God. These are not official "art"-works for anything. It would be quite apt to get angry over Moz' latest video or Moz' latest album sleeve but not about these pictures. All the hysterical reactions are as silly and unapt as anything that SER produces. Especially since there is a post on TTY which points to a beautiful done book by people who put a lot of effort in it and who where acknowledged by Moz. Maybe people should focus on that, but probably they would find something nasty to say too.

Hello. You again. Now listen. Stop defending everything. Because you look more of a fool than you usually do. The status of the pictures is not the issue here. It is that they are of very poor quality, with very low skill level, and it shows. So shut your stupid mouth. For once. Oh, and there's another thread to talk about the book, you utter dolt. This one is about the pictures.

Last edited:
Hello. You again. Now listen. Stop defending everything. Because you look more of a fool than you usually do. The status of the pictures is not the issue here. It is that they are of very poor quality, with very low skill level, and it shows. So shut your stupid mouth. For once. Oh, and there's another thread to talk about the book, you utter dolt. This one is about the pictures.

Do I annoy you? Good. You could ignore me. If you don't that's not my problem.

I reckon I thought USC film school's semester started already? I reckon I hope lil' Sammy isn't turning this in for credit. I reckon just his luck his prof would be a huge tweeker Mike and fat Andy fan. Anonymous-

Re: The Labels Won't Listen - photomontage - TTY

I’m fairly sure Morrissey is aware of the fact that a lot of his longtime fans think he is turning more and more into an insufferable twat. He definitely has someone read the comments here and report back to him.

I do wonder, does he ever think “Well maybe there’s some truth to all the criticism?" or is he just so convinced he is right about everything and everyone else is wrong.

What he/she said.
Wake me up when this sad farce is over.

Never until the Sam Esty Rayner chapter of Morrissey's aesthetic have I seen such a consistent example of a once BRILLIANT artist being so totally complicit in allowing an unmitigated series of shits to be taken on his legacy.

Whether it's family pride or some other motive we can only guess at, Morrissey's judgement on allowing this talentless tool to represent him visually is a truly imponderable blend of moronic and borderline suicidal.

Agree one hundred percent. Words can't describe how tacky and awful this is . Truly.

What exactly do the labels have to listen to?

Before WP was released we were told he had one or two albums worth of new material, yet not a single one of those songs has been showcased during the Tour That Never Ends.

Are there new songs, and if there are new songs are they any good?

Perhaps were missing an important sign here: three Smiths references, recently. Morrissey doesn't usually endorse The Smiths in such a way...

This is a picture from when Morrissey time traveled to the past and realized he had to wait in the GA line for his past self's show just like everybody else. He's thinking "Really?". The jacket is definitely pleather because he brought it with him from the future.

Never until the Sam Esty Rayner chapter of Morrissey's aesthetic have I seen such a consistent example of a once BRILLIANT artist being so totally complicit in allowing an unmitigated series of shits to be taken on his legacy.

Whether it's family pride or some other motive we can only guess at, Morrissey's judgement on allowing this talentless tool to represent him visually is a truly imponderable blend of moronic and borderline suicidal.

I just reread Peepholism yesterday, and couldn't agree more. I can't imagine how someone once so dedicated and detailed to the visual aspect of his artistic practice can endorse this. Even the days of the Attack Record sleeve aesthetics seem to be gone. Morrissey's early sleeves brought an interesting new approach to the visual language of a record---I hope he will bring such an originality of ideas back, someday..

It's also kind of wry that these are collages, given Morrissey's friendship with Linder, who is obviously very talented at them. She should design his next album cover :)

It's not a montage. I have no idea why it's labeled as such. It's a collage if anything, and a bad one at that.

I do agree with your point though. I too wish he'd get off his arse and just record the sessions already. It can't be too hard to find a producer can it?

If EMI were willing to rerelease his back catalogue along with Major Minor and whoever did the Southpaw and Maladjusted re issues why don't they just sign him again? Surely there's more money to be made in a new release versus the reissues?

At this point any record company must think that working with morrissey means basically ask for trouble, plus few financial feedback.

Good times for a change!

Without the Hype Machine of a Corporate Rock Whore Radio Friendly Unit Shifter Big Music label and marketing budget, Morrissey faces oblivion. There's a poetic justice in how the collapse of Big Music has exposed the Stretford Pseud. As Warren Buffet opined in a different context, 'when the tide goes out you can see who's swimming naked'.

If the citizens of the UK can organise a Parliamentary debate to try and stop Donald Trump from waving his wig around London, surely the denizens of this site, the 'fans' can set up a petition DEMANDING that Parliament investigate the conspiracy to stop Morrissey releasing yet more Dad Rock with World Music Flourishes. What is wrong with you people?

This is just so entertaining. It will be even more amusing when he finally drops his price and signs to K-Tel and releases another turkey. What fun it will be to watch the drama unfold as he realizes that even NASA's space budget couldn't lift his insipid music into orbit now. What a wonderful TTY update! Let's celebrate with a nice picture of sexy Wolvo Steve: The Heroic 'Man Who Put Morrissey In His Place'.

View attachment 34999

Actually I love the idea of him signing to K-Tel! Please someone make that happen!!

People should get their head out of their arses. God. These are not official "art"-works for anything. It would be quite apt to get angry over Moz' latest video or Moz' latest album sleeve but not about these pictures. All the hysterical reactions are as silly and unapt as anything that SER produces. Especially since there is a post on TTY which points to a beautiful done book by people who put a lot of effort in it and who where acknowledged by Moz. Maybe people should focus on that, but probably they would find something nasty to say too.

The poorly done photoshop messes that Rayner posts deserve to be critiqued. The dude posts every bit of scrap he produces for gods sake. He's no artist but if you're going to put it out there people are going to comment on it, especially if it's shite.

I'm not too impressed by the pics I've seen in the book either :)

I think Sam has some really good concept ideas, but as a photo montage professional I feel compelled to tighten things up a bit. Very cool image Sam.

I think Sam has some really good concept ideas, but as a photo montage professional I feel compelled to tighten things up a bit. Very cool image Sam.

A montage is a series of images played one after the other. This is a picture.

His head needs to be lowered while you're at it. His neck looks like it's a foot tall.

A montage is a series of images played one after the other. This is a picture.

His head needs to be lowered while you're at it. His neck looks like it's a foot tall.

You need a dictionary.

Back
Top Bottom