TTY update with new (to me anyway) Hyde Park info

Isn't that Moz's nephew's band?

"Noise is the Best Revenge" are yes.

I understand that Morrissey is putting them on first to piss off all those who queue up for hours and run to the front. He came up with the name especially.

Honest!

Interesting how it says Morrissey has chosen the other bands on the bill to be his guest........
Nice to think Morrissey & Siouxsie are pals again:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Is the complete line up choosen by Moz? Like a one day revisit of Meltdown? Did he pick Beck? Didn't know he was a fan.

Good line up anyway, I'm more tempted to go now.

Is the complete line up choosen by Moz? Like a one day revisit of Meltdown? Did he pick Beck? Didn't know he was a fan.

Good line up anyway, I'm more tempted to go now.

yeah, Moz used to rave about Beck. think he wore a Beck t-shirt in ine of his videos (more you ignore me?). surprised he's invited Siouxie. she was having a go at him just a few weeks ago in the Guardian-mentioning how awkward he was when they collaborated and his worrying nationalism...

yeah, Moz used to rave about Beck. think he wore a Beck t-shirt in ine of his videos (more you ignore me?). surprised he's invited Siouxie. she was having a go at him just a few weeks ago in the Guardian-mentioning how awkward he was when they collaborated and his worrying nationalism...

Morrissey's wearing a Beck Tshirt in Alma Matters promo video BTW.

Yeah, I was surprised about Siouxsie being added because of that, but he did go to her show in London earlier this year, right? Maybe they patched it up then. I lurve Siouxsie, too. Even if we don't get a live "Interlude", it'll be fantastic to see her and Morrissey at the same show again.

As for Beck I thought Mozzer's interest in him had passed. I guess not. Yeah, Moz used to make all kinds of Beck references. I remember at a show in Portland, OR (2000 or possibly '97) he joked we were missing a good tv programme -- Law and Order -- because we were at the venue watching Moz instead. Then he added that Beck is on the tv show. Some guy yelled, "f*** Beck!" and Moz politely replied without missing a beat, "No, thank you."

Beck was also the headliner of the first Coachella Music Festival, on the stage right after Mozzer's set. I remember Beck's show was meh. I was cold, dusty, and worried about my pickpocketed wallet (I lost $200 or more in cash because some people paid me that day for the tickets I bought them) and finding my friends (back in the day before everyone had mobile phones). Hmmm...reminds me not to feel so sad about missing out on festivals like Hyde Park.

It really wouldn't be that bad a line up with that bloody goth woman. Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom