TTY: Van Williams (1934-2016)

Link from an anonymous person:

Van Williams (1934-2016) - true-to-you.net
6 December 2016

39467_shirtlesshardbackless.jpg

art: Sam Esty Rayner.

Was van Williams the inspiration for that photo or the shoot. I curiously googled van Williams pool just to see and one of him and Conrad came up that looked similar

From Wikipedia "His favorite pastime was hunting geese, duck, elk, and other big game."

I reckon all I know is that this guy was "the Green Hornet". How is this Morrissey related? I reckon those are leather penny loafers and he was an avid hunter.

why were there so many people in the old days named van?

I don't know for sure Rifke, but it might be a result of a great number of immigrants coming from The Netherlands during the early fifties of the previous century.
I know, in that time, more than 100.000 immigrants left their country, going to mainly, the United States, Canada and Australia.
Many people here have as part of their last name the suffix van, or like in Belgium, Van.
In stead of using the first name people got used to be called Van and so it developed as a first name.
Don't know anything about Dutch roots of Van Williams.

Last edited:
This is so shite it is not worthy of a BtBB :greatbritain::knife: response !
No more please !
Good for nothing 'Gary' !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I reckon all I know is that this guy was "the Green Hornet". How is this Morrissey related? I reckon those are leather penny loafers and he was an avid hunter.
Looks as camp as a row of pink tents.

A bunch of morrissey muses ate meat and wore leather. Elvis Christian Dior etc. it's not like he hates everyone who has anything to do with the practice or else he'd employ no one and sell his records to no one. The green hornet was way before I was born but I've seen it a few times mostly for the Bruce lee connection. Makes sense he'd like him. Still wonder at the photo inspiration

Speaking of movie stars, has anyone seen "The Man Who Fell to Earth" lately? :rolleyes:

Morrissey's 2 top idols Buster Poindexter and James Newell Osterberg Jr. do TV shows with self proclaimed meat lover Anthony Bourdain.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom