Tucson, AZ - Fox Tucson Theatre (Apr. 10, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Speedway / Staircase At The University / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Refunds available from the venue, email posted by baby j.
  • Morrissey Tucson show ends after 6 songs (3 photos by C. Elliot Photography) - tucson.com. Link from Mike.

Excerpt:

Fox Tucson Theatre Executive Director Craig Sumberg on Tuesday said they were negotiating with managers for Morrissey, 57, about possibly rescheduling the concert or giving refunds. There apparently was an agreement between the promoters and Morrissey's management that Monday's concert was not a "formal show," which could open the door for some sort of remedy, he said.

"The best for all concerned would be to reschedule the show," he said.

...Morrissey is set to play a sold-out show at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts on Wednesday, April 12. A box office spokesman on Tuesday morning said that show is still on.

39879_tucson.jpg

• Video from baby J / YouTube, link from an anonymous person:

Last edited:
There would probably be more compassion for a rare, isolated incident. But this stuff happens with Morrissey nearly every single tour going back to the very beginning of his solo years. If it's not Morrissey being sick (which it normally is), then it's Boz forgot to renew his visa, or Gustovo has a kidney stone, or someone chucks a beer at his head, or the pipes break at the Palladium, or someone shouts something that hurts his feelings, or Kristeen Young spreads the flu around, or the bass player quits, or food poisoning debilitates the band, or Alain's back hurts, or "logistical issues". The best one ever was when he cancelled a show in San Francisco years ago and was photographed out drinking that same night. LOL.

90% of all Morrissey tours are affected by cancellations.

As I have said before, this simply does not happen with other artists with anything even approaching this level of frequency.

When you buy a ticket, you expect a show. Seems like a fairly reasonable expectation to me. Sooner or later, you have to look at the man whose name is on the ticket and say "if you can't manage 2 weeks of shows, then why are you even bothering?"

All that said, hopefully this was just a 36 hour bug and he can manage the last three shows.

He is definitely in a league of his own when it comes to cancellations. I've been to roughly 150-200 concerts in my lifetime, and I've only ever had one cancellation that wasn't Morrissey.

Sending love and the best healing thoughts I know to Morrissey in hopes that he gets the rest he needs and will feel absolutely magnificent again soon. Maybe he could stick that evil-eye pin on his pajamas (if he wears them) to ward off those evil germs. I'm sending love-thoughts to the band too, -- they are all great.

Sending love and the best healing thoughts I know to Morrissey in hopes that he gets the rest he needs and will feel absolutely magnificent again soon. Maybe he could stick that evil-eye pin on his pajamas (if he wears them) to ward off those evil germs. I'm sending love-thoughts to the band too, -- they are all great.

Good point!
Maybe he forgot to put it on in Tucson?
We'll never know, I think.

He is definitely in a league of his own when it comes to cancellations. I've been to roughly 150-200 concerts in my lifetime, and I've only ever had one cancellation that wasn't Morrissey.

Remember he doesn't do drugs

Hey Steve,

I got it!!! You and the band go to the Alamo and piss on it wearing Davy Crockett faux fur caps!!! It would make an awesome backdrop and you can get the pseudo "anti wall-Trump" thing goin' and get the Mexicans to buy the remaining tickets and $50 hoodies! No one remembers that babbling idiot Ozzy anymore anyway.

PS. I got you bitchin' Dodger season tickets. Right behind home plate between Snoopy Dog and David Beck Ham.

Dylan Von Migulacutty
Tour Manager III
TMMG Productions
Sherman Oaks-Beverly Hills-West Hollywood-El Segundo

You are a certified Fruit Tosser.

That's because the concert was free if you wore a Smiths shirt. And I'm pretty sure it was 8 songs.

Hey I saw the same concert as well for free it was an incredible show, I've seen many other shows for free as well people ask what my secret is on how I get to see so many shows for free and I tell them it's easy all I do is go on YouTube there are plenty on there.

As I've posted elsewhere, all you learn from that interview is that he has/had Barrat's Oesophagus. He slurs his response to King. My point stands.
I know this will sound strange coming from Angela Bowie but take the high road once in a while. Arguing that someone doesn't really have cancer isn't really an argument that can be won. Especially with a Mozbot.

I know this will sound strange coming from Angela Bowie but take the high road once in a while. Arguing that someone doesn't really have cancer isn't really an argument that can be won. Especially with a Mozbot.

It reminds me of this:
The statement: "The terrible snowman exists" is a sensible statement cause you can prove it by finding it. Once is enough.
The statement: "The terrible snowman does not exist" is a non sensible statement cause by not finding it you didn't prove anything. You proved nothing.
You can't prove anything with a negative outcome, it doesn't matter how much times you searched and did not find anything.

Update from the venue:
MORRISSEY – CONCERT UPDATE
WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE WHILE WE WORK ON A VIABLE SOLUTION TO THE UNFORTUNATE EARLY TERMINATION OF THE MORRISSEY CONCERT ON MONDAY NIGHT. WE ARE HOPING TO HAVE AN UPDATE SOON.

This e-mail was sent out Tuesday, 4/11 at 1:12 PM to all ticket purchasers:

Dear Fox Patron:
We are writing to apologize to you for the abrupt termination of last night’s Morrissey show. Obviously this was out of our control, and we are doing what we can–along with our co-promoter of the show–to determine whether we will be able to reschedule Morrissey’s concert in the not-too-distant future.

We appreciate your patience while we are negotiating with Morrissey’s management team. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Sincerely,

Fox Tucson Theatre
17 W. Congress St
Tucson, AZ 85701
(520)547-3040
www.foxtucson.com

Regards,
FWD.

http://foxtucson.com/presents/morrissey/

Different angle:

(apologies if it's a repeat - can't be arsed to sift through the vitriol to check).

Regards,
FWD.

Rumors he was rehearsing the 'vocal strain' mix versions of the songs well before show time. Apparently no volunteers among the band members to spend the night in the hospital.

I'm pretty sure that Lopez hasn't taken one for the cause yet.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Get it done Morrissey! Santa Ana show was rad other than the slow new tunes that killed the crowd but that's the same old gripe. He looked like he was having a blast. Haters need to calm the f*** down or NOT TRAVEL to see him ffs.
You're right! Imagine paying hundreds for flights/time off work and then having the CHEEK to expect a full concert! The modern generation have it easy. In my time we had to fight each other and the neighbourhood dogs to get a crust of moldy bread.

Update from the venue:
MORRISSEY – CONCERT UPDATE
WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE WHILE WE WORK ON A VIABLE SOLUTION TO THE UNFORTUNATE EARLY TERMINATION OF THE MORRISSEY CONCERT ON MONDAY NIGHT. WE ARE HOPING TO HAVE AN UPDATE SOON.

This e-mail was sent out Tuesday, 4/11 at 1:12 PM to all ticket purchasers:

Dear Fox Patron:
We are writing to apologize to you for the abrupt termination of last night’s Morrissey show. Obviously this was out of our control, and we are doing what we can–along with our co-promoter of the show–to determine whether we will be able to reschedule Morrissey’s concert in the not-too-distant future.

Good news, I hope after successfully playing Houston and Dallas he can redo San Antonio and Tucson - then put this tour to bed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom