Tucson, AZ - Fox Tucson Theatre (Apr. 10, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Speedway / Staircase At The University / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Refunds available from the venue, email posted by baby j.
  • Morrissey Tucson show ends after 6 songs (3 photos by C. Elliot Photography) - tucson.com. Link from Mike.

Excerpt:

Fox Tucson Theatre Executive Director Craig Sumberg on Tuesday said they were negotiating with managers for Morrissey, 57, about possibly rescheduling the concert or giving refunds. There apparently was an agreement between the promoters and Morrissey's management that Monday's concert was not a "formal show," which could open the door for some sort of remedy, he said.

"The best for all concerned would be to reschedule the show," he said.

...Morrissey is set to play a sold-out show at the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts on Wednesday, April 12. A box office spokesman on Tuesday morning said that show is still on.

39879_tucson.jpg

• Video from baby J / YouTube, link from an anonymous person:

Last edited:
I just received an email announcing refund options for the Tuscon concert at the Fox Theatre. So hopefully you can all drop your lawsuits now & quit your bitching about how he played the legally required 30 minutes to avoid having to refund us. Sometimes I can't believe what assholes Morrissey fans can be till I read this site.

Anyway, here is the email I received an hour ago..

"Dear Fox Patrons,

Thank you for your patience during the last 48 hours.

Refunds are available at point of purchase for all tickets at Morrissey’s sold out engagement in Tucson on Monday, April 10. Best efforts are being made to bring Morrissey’s return to Arizona as soon as possible.

To compensate you for the fact that this eagerly anticipated show was unavoidably cut short, the Fox Tucson would like to offer you one of the following options:

1) Trade the payment you made for the Morrissey show for any of these upcoming Fox shows, and we’ll throw in a 10% discount on the ticket prices of the show you wish to see:

a. Taj Express

b. The Doo Wop Project

c. David Sedaris

d. Bill Engvall

e. TajMo: The Taj Mahal and Keb’ Mo’ Band

f. Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney Tribute; on sale to public this Friday)

g. Wynonna Judd (on sale to public this Friday)

2) Get a Fox gift certificate for a future show (and we’ll add an additional 10% to the certificate).

3) Request a full or partial refund (please give us 3-5 working days in order to process your refund). Please also know that if you do request only a partial refund, any funds not returned will go towards the costs incurred at Monday night’s shortened show and will help keep the “lights on and the doors open” for your non-profit Fox Tucson Theatre.

4) Make your ticket payment a tax-deductible contribution to the not-for-profit Fox Tucson Theatre Foundation (THANK YOU for considering this option!)

Whichever option you choose, please know that we are truly sorry for the abrupt termination of this concert and hope you’ll come back to the Fox Tucson Theatre in the not-too-distant future."

Also if you wish to see how his voice was holding up, you can watch the videos of the 6 songs he sang here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0D31BD3AB7B1450D

Last edited:
I just received an email announcing refund options for the Tuscon concert at the Fox Theatre. So hopefully you can all drop your lawsuits now & quit your bitching about how he played the legally required 30 minutes to avoid having to refund us. Sometimes I can't believe what assholes Morrissey fans can be till I read this site.

"Dear Fox Patrons,

Refunds are available at point of purchase for all tickets at Morrissey’s sold out engagement in Tucson on Monday, April 10. Best efforts are being made to bring Morrissey’s return to Arizona as soon as possible.

To compensate you for the fact that this eagerly anticipated show was unavoidably cut short, the Fox Tucson would like to offer you one of the following options:

1) Trade the payment you made for the Morrissey show for any of these upcoming Fox shows, and we’ll throw in a 10% discount on the ticket prices of the show you wish to see:

a. Taj Express

b. The Doo Wop Project

c. David Sedaris

d. Bill Engvall

2) Get a Fox gift certificate for a future show (and we’ll add an additional 10% to the certificate).

3) Request a full or partial refund (please give us 3-5 working days in order to process your refund). Please also know that if you do request only a partial refund, any funds not returned will go towards the costs incurred at Monday night’s shortened show and will help keep the “lights on and the doors open” for your non-profit Fox Tucson Theatre.

4) Make your ticket payment a tax-deductible contribution to the not-for-profit Fox Tucson Theatre Foundation (THANK YOU for considering this option!)

Whichever option you choose, please know that we are truly sorry for the abrupt termination of this concert and hope you’ll come back to the Fox Tucson Theatre in the not-too-distant future."

Also if you wish to see how his voice was holding up, you can watch the videos of the 6 songs he sang here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0D31BD3AB7B1450D

Wynonna Judd would be the best option, clearly.

Update from the venue:
MORRISSEY – CONCERT UPDATE
WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE WHILE WE WORK ON A VIABLE SOLUTION TO THE UNFORTUNATE EARLY TERMINATION OF THE MORRISSEY CONCERT ON MONDAY NIGHT. WE ARE HOPING TO HAVE AN UPDATE SOON.

This e-mail was sent out Tuesday, 4/11 at 1:12 PM to all ticket purchasers:

Dear Fox Patron:
We are writing to apologize to you for the abrupt termination of last night’s Morrissey show. Obviously this was out of our control, and we are doing what we can–along with our co-promoter of the show–to determine whether we will be able to reschedule Morrissey’s concert in the not-too-distant future.

We appreciate your patience while we are negotiating with Morrissey’s management team. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Sincerely,

Fox Tucson Theatre
17 W. Congress St
Tucson, AZ 85701
(520)547-3040
www.foxtucson.com

Regards,
FWD.

http://foxtucson.com/presents/morrissey/
Even they are calling it 'abrupt'. Walking off without a word of explanation from Moz himself could also be called 'ignorant'. Surely his vocal chords could have managed a sentence or two. Maybe he is above all that. The audience meanwhile has to slog through the daily grind of earning a living so they can afford the odd concert or two. Who put the D in Disgrace?

"Dear Fox Patrons,

a. Taj Express

b. The Doo Wop Project

c. David Sedaris

d. Bill Engvall

:thumb:

a. Taj Express

b. The Doo Wop Project

c. David Sedaris

d. Bill Engvall

:rofl:

a. Taj Express

b. The Doo Wop Project

c. David Sedaris

d. Bill Engvall

:rofl:

It's so easy to laugh..It takes strength to be gentle & kind.

It's so easy to laugh..It takes strength to be gentle & kind.

I guess I'm not strong enough or gentle enough? ... and I have no right to take my place in the human race.

really, if you're a die hard M fan are these alternatives really an option?wouldn't one then find that option a bit humorous?

I guess I'm not strong enough or gentle enough? ... and I have no right to take my place in the human race.

really, if you're a die hard M fan are these alternatives really an option?wouldn't one then find that option a bit humorous?

Oh, but you are and funny and witty too.
And a great sense and feeling for art!
There are other bigmouths here who should wonder about the right they have to take their place in the human race.
By the way, we're all animals too. ;)

I can't believe some of the reactions you get cause you are never bitter, hateful and always uplifting and interesting.
Don't forget there are people here who actually like you. As I do!

There are other bigmouths here who should wonder about the right they have to take their place in the human race.

I can't believe some of the reactions you get cause you are never bitter, hateful and always uplifting and interesting.

Get a room.

oh that's sweet of you Quando, you're too kind, a gentle soul. :)

"Dear Fox Patrons,

a. Taj Express

b. The Doo Wop Project

c. David Sedaris

d. Bill Engvall

Well done.

"Dear Fox Patrons,

a. Taj Express

b. The Doo Wop Project

c. David Sedaris

d. Bill Engvall

i feel sorry for the venue, its as if they have no money for food. they will just about beg for you to trade in your refund for tickets to a show nobody has bought tickets for. poor saps, refunding their money while Moz sits with the money bag in LA. in a luxury hotel; hardly ethical, moz, have a heart, these people are hurting for money.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom