TV Show Help

littlecharmer

Girl Least Likely To
Can anybody tell me where these stills are taken from?

work010.jpg

work007.jpg

work006.jpg

I think it's from an old channel 4 programme called 'Brit Girls' and if so he's discussing Cilla Black and not traffic pollution as that picture may suggest.

kind regards! x

The Twinkle part from here too>

The last instalment of Brit Girls took a broad overview of the girl singer phenomenon as well as profiles of some of the shorter-lived chart successes. As such, there was a lot of ground to cover in half an hour and so not an awful lot of Morrissey. He spoke briefly on Twinkle, but The Smiths' cover of "Golden Lights" was not mentioned.

"The female singers seemed to be giving everything away and hiding nothing. That's what made them more dramatic and more interesting to me."

"Twinkle was trouble and that's why she was so interesting... The so-called female songwriter hadn't yet been invented."

[on "Terry"]

"Very unusual to have teenagers singing about death."

Not particularly illuminating, all told, but perhaps I've been spoilt by the comparative Moz-fest of earlier episodes. Incidentally, it was revealed that Twinkle's childhood nick-name was "Fatty" ... which is almost certainly a complete coincidence.

I think many journalists and TV production companies ask Morrissey to take part in their programmes, but he's very choosey.
If they fail to approach him without appropriate manner he'd turn down their requests.
Recently Danny posted the link from The Independent, Tony Wilson was really bitter that Morrissey refused to take part in In The City music conference.

Last edited:
Yeah, think I read that. And hes never tried to make us believe hes.. easy to cooperate with. But I've always wondered this you see.. If people in England know who he is, or if they're like: Morri-who?..

Morrissey is well-known in Britain because he's been around more than 20 years.
South Bank Show, a high profile arts programme of British TV, is currently making his feature for next year.

However, people over 60 might not heard of him.:o

I think the British public are more likely to say "Twinkle, who?"

Morrissey seems to only say yes to programmes that are about artists he is enthusiastic about. You won't see him popping up on all those talking head programmes like Johnny Marr does.

Yes it may be from Brit girls, altough he was interviewed for a Marc Bolan documentary and I seem to remember those shots in a car.

He does? :eek: Marr, I mean.. Of course hes only in programes about people he like.. I mean, imagine him in a program about Elton John: "Bring me his head.." Erm.. You know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom