Two extremely rare Morrissey items soon to be up for auction

darby1974

Like the title says, these are two extremely rare Morrissey test pressings that will be up for auction on Monday.
Just in time for Christmas..

Suedehead - France 7" test pressing [EMI France 20 2383-7]

Test pressings of the French 7" have made it into the hands of collectors. These have no label whatsoever, just plain shiny black vinyl. They can be recognized as test pressings of the French 7" by the matrix numbers etched between the run-out grooves (M3 358724 / M3 358725). Some copies are found in a plain white sleeve with a sticker on the front stating "2023837 / Z: UB: / Morrissey". Others are in a white die-cut sleeve, paired with a printed sheet filled with technical pressing plant information, stamped"16/02/88" and signed "F. Lefort/P.L". This info sheet comes folded inside the 7" sleeve.

Re: Two extremely rare Morrissey items soon to be up for auction..

And the other is

Your Arsenal - Greece LP test pressing [EMI Greece 799794-1]
EXTREMELY RARE..

Test pressings of Greek releases are not very common and this is probably the only Morrissey one ever reported. The record has generic white labels with the words "ΔΕΙΓΜΑ ΜΗ ΕΜΠΟΡΕΥΣΜΟΝ" at the top, above eight lines to be filled in with release identification. This has been spotted inside a stock sleeve and is said to come with an information sheet.

Both of these records are mint and I have only played them once. The sheet on Arsenal has never been folded and the sheet for Suedehead has been folded up to fit in the record sleeve, (see passions info)
Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will post the link here when I put them up on Monday.
Thanks so much

Re: Two extremely rare Morrissey items soon to be up for auction..

I forgot to mention that the Arsenal T/P comes in a stock sleeve with insert..
Thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom