Uhhhhh......suggestion for the next tour.

S

Sharron Needles

So we all have heard there may be more tour dates in 2003, and from my most reliable source, it seems very likely. Nothing has been set in stone, but it's highly probable. Anyways, we all know that at least people close to Moz come and check out this site, and I for one, really do think that he comes in here occasionallt as well. We all know that he says he never, ever does, but I think that's bullshit. A lot of us were talking about setlists and what-not due to the last poll, but I would really like to make a request for the guys to play "I Don't Mind If You Forget Me." Since almost all of the "Viva Hate" material has been covered live now, why not play it? It's a great song lyrically and musically, and I think that to hear it live would be ace. There must be others out there that agree with me on this? This is my #1 request for a song to be played live on the next tour. So, somebody tell Moz to play it!!!!! I beg of you.......! Other suggestions for live songs next time:::

The Edges Are No Longer Parallel
Wide To Recieve
I'm The End Of The Family Line(Does anyone know REALLY, why they will not play any "Kill Uncle" material anymore?)
Seasick Yet Still Docked
There Is A Place.....
I KNow It's Gonna Happen Someday
Trouble Loves Me
Satan Rejected My Soul
Have-A-Go Merchant(come on.....it's such a great sing along)
Whatever Happens, I Love You
Sunny
TMYIMTCIG
:::Still Ill:::

> I absolutely agree, IDMIYFM is one of my favs.
that song is unequivocally kick ass

the only song that could top would be Jeane

So we all have heard there may be more tour dates in 2003, and from my
> most reliable source, it seems very likely. Nothing has been set in stone,
> but it's highly probable. Anyways, we all know that at least people close
> to Moz come and check out this site, and I for one, really do think that
> he comes in here occasionallt as well. We all know that he says he never,
> ever does, but I think that's bullshit. A lot of us were talking about
> setlists and what-not due to the last poll, but I would really like to
> make a request for the guys to play "I Don't Mind If You Forget
> Me." Since almost all of the "Viva Hate" material has been
> covered live now, why not play it? It's a great song lyrically and
> musically, and I think that to hear it live would be ace. There must be
> others out there that agree with me on this? This is my #1 request for a
> song to be played live on the next tour. So, somebody tell Moz to play
> it!!!!! I beg of you.......! Other suggestions for live songs next time:::

> The Edges Are No Longer Parallel
> Wide To Recieve
> I'm The End Of The Family Line(Does anyone know REALLY, why they will not
> play any "Kill Uncle" material anymore?)
> Seasick Yet Still Docked
> There Is A Place.....
> I KNow It's Gonna Happen Someday
> Trouble Loves Me
> Satan Rejected My Soul
> Have-A-Go Merchant(come on.....it's such a great sing along)
> Whatever Happens, I Love You
> Sunny
> TMYIMTCIG
> :::Still Ill:::

> that song is unequivocally kick ass

> the only song that could top would be Jeane

> So we all have heard there may be more tour dates in 2003, and from my

I think that if you look at the Morrissey albums then "Kill Uncle" is far and away the weakest.Sure there are a few good songs ("Sing Your Life","Found,found,found") but some of it contains the weakest songs in Moz history.

Personally I think "Family Line" and "The Harsh Truth" are major blips on Morrissey's C.V. I realise some people will love these tracks.

The set list could do with an overhaul though.I for one would like to see "November" and "Meat Is Murder" have a well earned rest.
To be replaced by what is the question.
For me I think no Moz gig is a Moz gig without "Now my Heart Is Full" and I would love to hear a song such as "Well I Wonder" added to the set or "Barbarism Begins At Home".

a few more suggestions

hmmm..I think "November Spawned A Monster" has to stay. Get rid of "Meat is Murder" though. The 3 suggestions you made were pretty good esp. "Now My Heart Is Full", "Still ill" would be even better though, or maybe "Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me". Get rid of "Little Man, What Now?" and "Hairdresser On Fire", and get "Reader Meet Author" and "Best Friend On The Payroll" in, cos Southpaw Grammar rocks!! Also, he should dump "Hand In Glove" (waits for inevitable abuse for suggesting this). And "Tomorrow" needs to be there! Tomorrow is one of the best songs he's ever done. "I Don't Mind if You Forget Me" would be pretty good, but the similar-ish "Let The Right One Slip In" would be better. so would "Alma Matters". and he should dump "Jack The Ripper".

Frankly, I don't give a damn if he wants to put together a set of Dead Kennedys covers for his next tour, so long as he COMES BACK TO MELBOURNE!!!!!!!!!!!
Re. not playing Kill Uncle material, at the Melbourne gig someone shouted out "King Leer" and Morrissey responded; "God! A career-killing song if ever there was one!" I get the impression he's just not enamoured of that album, which as a whole is reasonable, although I think King Leer would be a fine addition to the set list.
I think your inclusion of Trouble Loves Me is inspired - certainly one of his finest moments (should have been a single)- but when was the last time he played a "pianer"-based track live?
Also try;
Now My Heart is Full
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
TMYIMTCIG
Maudlin Street (which was inexplicably dropped for the Melbourne show)
Sunny
I Know Very Well How I got My Name
Southpaw (well, an expurgated version)
Picadilly Palare
Interesting Drug
International Playboys
Lucky Lisp
Yes I am Blind
. . . and I'd better stop there lest I just suggest the whole bloody backlist (which would do me just fine)

> So we all have heard there may be more tour dates in 2003, and from my
> most reliable source, it seems very likely. Nothing has been set in stone,
> but it's highly probable.

that's a given after everything that's been said. however, the big question is when and where...

once we get that settled, then we'll become jaded enough to start asking for changes.

Re: a few more suggestions

> hmmm..I think "November Spawned A Monster" has to stay.
I agree. For me, it was the Brixton highlight.
Get rid
> of "Meat is Murder" though.
Agreed again. And besides, I'm not a vegetarian.
"Now My Heart Is Full", or maybe "Last Night I Dreamt Somebody
> Loved Me".
'Now my heart is full' was on the Oye Esteban 1999 setlist, and 'last night I dreamt' was the encore.
Get rid of "Little Man, What Now?"
Agreed again. I really don't like it much.

> "Hairdresser On Fire",
Disagree. Keep that one.

and get "Reader Meet Author"
Again, was on the 99 list.

so would "Alma
> Matters".
again, on 99 tour list.

and he should dump "Jack The Ripper".
What!??!! Are you mad?
Some good points though. I think you would have liked the 1999 tour.'November', 'Now my heart is full','Reader meets author', 'Alma matters', and 'Last night.....' as the roof-lifting encore. Check out the tour archive section for the full list. And weep. Unfortunately MIM was still there. As ever ( yawn).

> I'm The End Of The Family Line(Does anyone know REALLY, why they will not
> play any "Kill Uncle" material anymore?)

probably that was a difficult phase in Morrissey's life.

and i really love the song you quoted

he comes out with a huge backdrop of me and mozzer chilling with a bowl of yoshinoya. he sells yoshinoya t=shirts at the vendor stands(I get a small cut of the profits of course),he sings" Yoshinoya is the soup of champions"(which is an immediate smash hit),and then,for an encore,he tips his bowl of yoshinoya to the crowd and throws it all over us. He could name it the YOSHINOYA TOUR 2003.

Back
Top Bottom