UK charts - "Low In High School" #95 fifth week, "Jacky's..." #1 vinyl second week

How can you be so mean ....? It is baffling people like you even exist.

In 1986 I listened to two cassettes in my car stereo. One had The Descendents 'Milo Goes to College' and the Bonus Fat 'EP' and the other had The Descendents 'I Don't Want to Grow Up' lp.

A female friend of mine named Abra gave me 'The Queen is Dead" on cassette and I became a huge fan. 'The
Queen is Dead' appealed to my punk rock side and 'Frankly Mr. Shankly' appealed to my LOVE of the Beatles.

I immediately DOVE into the back catalog and became a giant fan to where I annoyed all my friends trying to turn them onto The Smiths. I have a pretty sweet vinyl collection of 7" and 12" I should get rid of...

Through The Smiths I ended up learning about The Sundays, The Cranberries, Raymonde, James (my fave), Bradford, etc.

If a religion should exist, it would be based upon the music Morrissey created with Stephen Street. Stephen Street has a knack with writing a pop song as well as bringing out the best of Morrissey. Morrissey's loss of that friendship and collaborator sucks.

Then Alain Whyte came in and saved 'Your Uncle' from inferior production (not Stephen Street I might add).

The Lads made Morrissey relevant again with the Live at KROQ and Your Arsenal cementing Alain's importance in Morrissey's career.

Mozbra wonders how people like me can exist...

I was late and missed The Smiths as a live thing. They played in my area on my birthday and I had no idea who they were. All the wrong people at my high school had on The Smiths shirts the next week at school.

So, how can people like me exist?

Morrissey WAS more than a voice. Back then he was a symbol as a more intelligent idea you could ascribe to.

Being celibate was unheard of. Not eating meat was still pretty taboo. Morrissey wore these proudly as a patch on his jacket.

Morrissey's last 3 albums suck, and not all his solo work is even good..

Us people exist. Moz's last 3 albums are a disappointment. I get the 'let's make Moz a novelty act like Frank Sinatra' but f*** that. Make good albums with a great band.

Is that meaner than Morrissey wanting to terminate Trump?

yes. ;)

REGARDLESS OF CHART POSITIONS,

LIHS IS THE BEST ALBUM OF 2017,

HANDS DOWN ! :rock::thumb:

Congrats Morrissey,...[critisism is OK...btw] with you vinyl nmbr 1 [for the 2nd week] and normal chart at 2

I wish you all a Merry Christmas...from the Netherlands

but I skip as usual

brilliant song! I'm thinking you may be right about LIHS! :thumb:
Well Yea, surprises me its sold any copies with the reviews its had, people should listen to it with an open mind and not let the press or the terminally Mozzer obsessed on here decide for them.

lets have a peaceful day on here for once and think of people less fortunate than ourselves,the homeless,people who are ill,people living in conflict.
hail hail and a merry xmas to all.

LIHS is an ok album with some good tracks - and the highest chart position of 5 in the UK felt about right. I'm sure the car crash of Der Spiegel had some effect - but musically the album is just not consistently good enough to chart higher. And Moz's views are just too against the grain of mainstream opinion to ever be anything other than career poison...

LIHS is an ok album with some good tracks - and the highest chart position of 5 in the UK felt about right. I'm sure the car crash of Der Spiegel had some effect - but musically the album is just not consistently good enough to chart higher. And Moz's views are just too against the grain of mainstream opinion to ever be anything other than career poison...
Moz isn't mainstream, and for that reason chart position is irrelevant

Dear Anon IP Hash: 0f26ca353a;

I wish Brett Anderson, Nick Cave, Bono, The National, current Bruce S., Manic Street P. (oh, yes Richey - you Are Proper Poet Laureat), Jarvis, Damon, Noel/Liam ... ... would be so brave.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom