Unhappy Birthday

shakmstr

My first post here. Very excited. Big Smiths Morrissey fan here.

I want to dedicate this 1st post to Unhappy Birthday. I love the song and this album. Why does this song get so much hate?

It’s a very traditional Smith’s song. So why is it unliked? I’ve seen comments online and it’s considered a throwaway song by many.

What are your thoughts?

My first post here. Very excited. Big Smiths Morrissey fan here.

I want to dedicate this 1st post to Unhappy Birthday. I love the song and this album. Why does this song get so much hate?

It’s a very traditional Smith’s song. So why is it unliked? I’ve seen comments online and it’s considered a throwaway song by many.

What are your thoughts?
welcome to the madhouse shak,its not a bad song but it has very simple lyrics,that could be why its not everyones cup of tea.

I'm not sure I'd call it a very traditional Smiths song. Nothing on "Strangeways" really is, imo - "Stop Me," perhaps. But I'd agree, the lyrics aren't the most profound.

I never knew people didn't like it. I'm declaring this as Fake News.

If I’m remembering correctly,
I’ve read about people not liking ‘DAOElbow’ but not ‘Unhappy Birthday’.

If I’m remembering correctly,
I’ve read about people not liking ‘DAOElbow’ but not ‘Unhappy Birthday’.
Yes, same. I always thought that both were funny. Strangeways never got the chance it should have. That would have probably been when they finally broke in the US. I know they were known by then but they could have had some big hits and that never happened.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom