Unsavoury word filter

Mozmar

@davidt
I've noticed over the past few days that certain 'unsavoury' words which are posted are being 'asterixed', i.e. f***, which I think is a move in the right direction in making this a 'cleaner' place. However, if you're doing this, can you extend it to other words, such as the 'c' word, which many may find more offensive than the 'f' word?
Also if I were to write 'f***ing' (my asterixes there) then it seems the filter isn't picking this up & applying the asterix filter rule.
Maybe consider developing a list of which words are considered 'unsavoury' & need a filter (and thereby asterix attention), and apply those rules consistently across this site?

Nerak

Reverse Ferret
@davidt
I've noticed over the past few days that certain 'unsavoury' words which are posted are being 'asterixed', i.e. f***, which I think is a move in the right direction in making this a 'cleaner' place. However, if you're doing this, can you extend it to other words, such as the 'c' word, which many may find more offensive than the 'f' word?
Also if I were to write 'f***ing' (my asterixes there) then it seems the filter isn't picking this up & applying the asterix filter rule.
Maybe consider developing a list of which words are considered 'unsavoury' & need a filter (and thereby asterix attention), and apply those rules consistently across this site?
I didn't realise it was a filter! I thought posters were being polite.

Radis Noir

This radish kills fascists.
@davidt
A better way of making this website a 'cleaner' place would be to get rid of all the racists and anonymous cowards. Picking on expletives seems an odd way to go about it.

Top Bottom