Unsavoury word filter

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29227

@davidt
I've noticed over the past few days that certain 'unsavoury' words which are posted are being 'asterixed', i.e. f***, which I think is a move in the right direction in making this a 'cleaner' place. However, if you're doing this, can you extend it to other words, such as the 'c' word, which many may find more offensive than the 'f' word?
Also if I were to write 'f***ing' (my asterixes there) then it seems the filter isn't picking this up & applying the asterix filter rule.
Maybe consider developing a list of which words are considered 'unsavoury' & need a filter (and thereby asterix attention), and apply those rules consistently across this site?

@davidt
I've noticed over the past few days that certain 'unsavoury' words which are posted are being 'asterixed', i.e. f***, which I think is a move in the right direction in making this a 'cleaner' place. However, if you're doing this, can you extend it to other words, such as the 'c' word, which many may find more offensive than the 'f' word?
Also if I were to write 'f***ing' (my asterixes there) then it seems the filter isn't picking this up & applying the asterix filter rule.
Maybe consider developing a list of which words are considered 'unsavoury' & need a filter (and thereby asterix attention), and apply those rules consistently across this site?

I didn't realise it was a filter! I thought posters were being polite.

@davidt
A better way of making this website a 'cleaner' place would be to get rid of all the racists and anonymous cowards. Picking on expletives seems an odd way to go about it.

if solo continues on this route, one day
we’ll have ...

M*******y.

:cool:

This is unf***ingreal. I just noticed it after making a post that contained the word f***ing. Is this a joke? Are we supposed to defer to any 7 year olds who might be passing through? Are we not all adults here? Why is this sudden censorship bullshit being implemented?

A better way of making this website a 'cleaner' place would be to get rid of all the racists and anonymous cowards. Picking on expletives seems an odd way to go about it.
@davidt is a spineless coward, so it's not surprising. He needs the traffic, so he'll take anyone he can get. Active users are active users.

So all this rubbish you spout is nothing new then.

Not seen you around these parts much recently Radish, all got a bit too much for you? Too many ‘racists’ & ‘anonymous cowards’?🤣

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom