Unseen pre-Smiths Morrissey photos on eBay

Aly

I thought these were definitely worth posting about for those who don't regularly scour eBay for Morrissey-related items...

fp6u82.jpg
2a9xkyo.jpg
dz9uf5.jpg

They're currently up for auction on ebay (links here, here and here) - at a starting bid of £300 each, they're definitely out of my price range, but at least the seller has provided some nice preview images for us to fawn over a bit. :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
:horny:

He was a good looking motherf***er back then! I don't understand how he was always so lonely and never got laid.

Anyway, he looks like Russel Mael in that first one.

In retrospect, I'm amazed by how much the quiff utterly suited Moz down to the ground - to such an extent that any other hairstyle (even this completely ordinary bowl-cut) just looks unnatural on him.

Beautiful and striking as they are, these pictures are not Morrissey. They are "Steven", and I feel intrusive just looking at them. I'm wondering about the context of these photos (and their sale). Another former pen-pal auctioning them off to help with the mortgage payments? Someone closer, a relative? Intriguing. He can't have been more than 20 in any of them.

...I feel intrusive just looking at them. I'm wondering about the context of these photos (and their sale). Another former pen-pal auctioning them off to help with the mortgage payments? Someone closer, a relative? Intriguing. He can't have been more than 20 in any of them.

I dunno, they obviously weren't taken for "him" - perhaps given to a friend who then passed them along. Bottom line, they belong to somebody and they have every right to sell 'em. THe middle pic is the best...would look great in a Warhol triptych!

Nice job removing the watermarks, Flax - though if I'd known there'd be no objection to unwatermarked versions being posted while the auctions are still running, I could have saved you the trouble, since I already went over them all this morning! :)

Anyway, might as well post the others then...

9iz1no.jpg
2n9yfjr.jpg

I'm wondering about the context of these photos (and their sale). Another former pen-pal auctioning them off to help with the mortgage payments?

Actually, those same three photos were briefly up for auction (as part of a bulk lot of Smiths items, including 12" singles and a scrapbook) in late January from a different seller, who said they'd gotten the photographs from a friend who was in the New York Dolls fan club. I actually made them an offer for the photos alone and was rejected; then the auction was suddenly cancelled a day later anyway, with the seller saying afterwards that they "may relist them in the future". Bit of a shame then, to see them pop up again at a collective starting bid of nearly four times what the original seller was starting at...

(Quick question: Who, if anyone, is actually going to buy them now, when the photos have been leaked and already unwatermarked?)

I haven't got the money, but I've got the time to Photoshop the watermarks away, at least...

EDIT: Thank god for freaks like you...... It's already been done for me!

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone is going to bid now that the Photoshop-fixed versions are all over the 'net (Thanks guys/gals). These ePay sellers would do good to start the selling low and set a reserve. People see that "300" and will immediately be scared away.

I can't possibly understand why anyone would be interested in these...just imagine buying them, and then saying to friends in a pub "Hey, look what i just paid over 300 squid for", and then showing them.....Yawnnnn....Maybe if Little Moz" was on display.. ( I've saw a few Home photo's of that sort of ilk in my time, missus....)

I love these photos.

He looks like all the little hipsters I see hanging around melrose with their top buttons buttoned drinking their cappuccinos on the sidewalk.

-Ms. V.G.

All far too gorgeous. Makes me feel sick. But happy sick.

if i met this fella in a bar I bet i'd be sick to death of him after one pint

I bet it would be mutual.

2a9xkyo.jpg

So this went, as a Buy It Now, for £425! One passport size photo? Recession? What recession?

And the other two photos were withdrawn 5 days from the end of auction. I sense shenanigans.

And the seller was from Glasgow. Wasn't Rob Mackie of the Glaswegian persuasion?

Back
Top Bottom