Morrissey Central "UNTO EARTH I" (November 25, 2020)

UNTO EARTH I

Unknown_lh2rbs.jpg

Maradona dies.

FWD.

Thank god, I am not a brit and can laugh my head off to this fab goal.
Guido Buchwald took Diego like a dog on the chain in 1990.
That's what dreams are made of, you know.

It was only the English who cried. Every one in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland cheered when Maradona scored. Old rivalries run deep in the British Isles.

It was only the English who cried. Every one in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland cheered when Maradona scored. Old rivalries run deep in the British Isles.
I believe there was a small ripple of applause in Eire too.

A little balance and perspective for the bleeding hearts...

I believe there was a small ripple of applause in Eire too.

That was taken for granted - but the term 'British' goes no further than that border designed by the British Empire to try to ensure a Protestant majority in the north for perpetuity. But even Protestants in Northern Ireland cheer when England lose at football.

That was taken for granted - but the term 'British' goes no further than that border designed by the British Empire to try to ensure a Protestant majority in the north for perpetuity. But even Protestants in Northern Ireland cheer when England lose at football.
The Republic is part of The “British Isles”, which you referred to.

That Maradona goal, the long dribble down the pitch, is one of, if not THE , greatest goals of all time. If you’re a football fan, you’ll appreciate it, but of course, there will be some who were/are glad whenever England get beaten, because they hate this country. They see Patriotism as racism.

The very same people, I have no doubt, were on the side of the Argies in the Falklands war. They probably laugh at Simon Weston.

Thank Christ the World Wars happened in a time when these kinds of people didn’t seem to exist as much; imagine them in the trenches (if they hadn’t somehow weaselled out of serving).

That Maradona goal, the long dribble down the pitch, is one of, if not THE , greatest goals of all time. If you’re a football fan, you’ll appreciate it, but of course, there will be some who were/are glad whenever England get beaten, because they hate this country. They see Patriotism as racism.

The very same people, I have no doubt, were on the side of the Argies in the Falklands war. They probably laugh at Simon Weston.

Thank Christ the World Wars happened in a time when these kinds of people didn’t seem to exist as much; imagine them in the trenches (if they hadn’t somehow weaselled out of serving).
Haha, you start off actually talking about football but after one sentence - one sentence! - you can't help yourself and start off on a rant about patriotism, racism, the Falklands War, Simon Weston, and World Wars.
Are you sure you wouldn't be happier opening an account over at the Daily Mail? They've got pages and pages of stuff for people like you.

I can’t remember who, but one of the defenders was on a yellow (Fenwick perhaps?), and couldn’t risk a full bodied tackle. England were playing against 12 men.

There are many examples, in top flight football, of goals as good as this.

Maradona’s most amazing goal was his penalty, against Italy—as recognised in the recent bio-pic.

Thank you MORRISSEY for remembering MARADONA as ARGENTINA i am very emotional ,for the death of the best player in the history of football and because MOZ remembered him in Central .Diego Maradona was controversial, but he gave everything for shirt of his national team ,he was brave and very passionate about his, just like MOZ
THANK YOU MOZZY'S I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE YOU
THIS IS MY MOZ❤❤👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼❤❤❤❤❤VIVA DIEGO MOZ AND I !!!!!!!

I'm sorry for your loss, Lujissey.

I'm sorry for our loss.

VIVA DIEGO!

I can’t remember who, but one of the defenders was on a yellow (Fenwick perhaps?), and couldn’t risk a full bodied tackle. England were playing against 12 men.

There are many examples, in top flight football, of goals as good as this.

Maradona’s most amazing goal was his penalty, against Italy—as recognised in the recent bio-pic.
Well maybe it’s just the context of it that sticks in my mind as one of the greatest.

That Maradona doc was good, made by the same guy that did ‘Senna’. Another legend.

Well maybe it’s just the context of it that sticks in my mind as one of the greatest.

That Maradona doc was good, made by the same guy that did ‘Senna’. Another legend.

Maradona = legend.

Senna = legend.

Pelé = legend.

Maradona = legend.

Senna = legend.

Pelé = legend.
We’ve had a few as well. The England ‘66 squad, Gazza, Gerard. Pele once said he thought Gerard was the greatest footballer in the world! Didn’t get the trophies he really deserved, to be honest.

We’ve had a few as well. The England ‘66 squad, Gazza, Gerard. Pele once said he thought Gerard was the greatest footballer in the world! Didn’t get the trophies he really deserved, to be honest.
Stanley Matthews: inaugural winner of the Ballon D’or.

What team do you support @Hovis Lesley ? Just out of interest, I don’t get into arguments with other football fans, it’s not what I’m about.

Well, maybe the odd Utd fan, but they’ve gone a bit quiet recently...😉

What team do you support @Hovis Lesley ? Just out of interest, I don’t get into arguments with other football fans, it’s not what I’m about.

Well, maybe the odd Utd fan, but they’ve gone a bit quiet recently...😉
I love football, but I don’t have a team. Man Utd was my team as a kid. And then I met Bryan Robson who refused me and my mates an autograph, when I was 10. c***.

I should mention Steve Coppell was fantastic and was very patient with us kids.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom