Valhalla Dancehall - British Sea Power's new

Yes!
Waiting for both VD and Zeus records to arrive. I got to listen to the full album stream and am really anticipating it. I've only recently gotten to really love the Zeus EP as a whole--some songs I loved instantly, some had to grow on me. So VD as a whole may be a grower as well. I'm with the majority of the fans who think it'll surpass DYLRM.

I still think 'Cleaning Out The Rooms' is one of the best, if not the best song I heard in '10. Hamilton's share of BSP's songwriting never ceases to amaze me. Just beautiful stuff.

They're on Radcliffe and Maconie tonight! 8 p.m. UK time. 3 tunes, hopefully 3 different tunes.

Yes, been a fan for quite a few years now. Just starting to get into the new record, most of the reviews have been positive so I have high hopes!

Not sure why 'Bear' never made it on to the album.

Makes you wonder if BSP will regret it not being on there, everyone seems to be scratching their heads over this, it's almost too obvious. But I'm glad it's on the EP, which I think is as strong as the album, though comparatively shorter. Then again, I've only listened to the album a couple of times as a whole. There'll be a lot to digest the next few weeks!

Great album and bonus Cd great just booked to see them in Manchester 15th Feb the ritz:thumb:

I loved the first record.
Hated the second.
Do they deserve another shot?

What about the Third?!?

For the record, I thought the second record was f***ing amazing! Still my favourite by them:)

What about the Third?!?

For the record, I thought the second record was f***ing amazing! Still my favourite by them:)

Open Season still remains my favorite.
Motorways, hated is a strong word. It's a different record yes, but what was there to actually hate, that it doesn't completely raawwwk? You might get more of that from DYLRM, their 3rd. Better yet, try the new Zeus EP. Hm, BSP are an acquired taste. I'm happy with that.

And U.S./Canadian dates at last:

"The BBC America website has declared that "British Sea Power are the only
British band that matters." North American residents will have the
opportunity to inspect this claim at the following BSP dates:"

Tue 3/22 Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg
Thu 3/24 Toronto, ON - Lees Palace
Fri 3/25 Cleveland, OH - Grog Shop
Sun 3/27 Chicago, IL - Lincoln Hall
Tue 3/29 Minneapolis, MN - Cedar Cultural Center
Fri 4/1 Vancouver, BC - Biltmore
Sat 4/2 Seattle, WA - Neumo's
Sun 4/3 Portland, OR - Doug Fir
Tue 4/5 San Francisco, CA - Independent
Wed 4/6 Brookdale, CA - Brookroom @ Historic Brookdale Lodge (Big Sur)
Thu 4/7 Los Angeles, CA - Troubadour
Fri 4/8 San Diego, CA - Casbah
Sat 4/9 Tempe, AZ - Clubhouse
Mon 4/11 Marfa, TX - Padres
Wed 4/13 Austin, TX - Mohawk
Thu 4/14 Dallas, TX - The Loft
Sun 4/17 Atlanta, GA - The Earl
Mon 4/18 Carrboro, NC - Cats Cradle
Tue 4/19 Washington DC - Black Cat
Wed 4/20 Philadelphia PA - Johnny Brendas

Open Season still remains my favorite.
Motorways, hated is a strong word. It's a different record yes, but what was there to actually hate, that it doesn't completely raawwwk? You might get more of that from DYLRM, their 3rd. Better yet, try the new Zeus EP. Hm, BSP are an acquired taste. I'm happy with that.

You're right. I guess I don't hate it. I felt let down. I listened to the first record a lot, bought the second album, played it 2-3 times and gave up.
Just listened to the newest one, I could take it or leave it. But it's slooooowly growing on me.

Well, a three-hour motorway drive yesterday provided ample chance to digest the new record. I'm starting to love it, got to the stage where I cna pick out highlights from it, which is a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom