venturing outside the pigsty

penfoldsfive

resident alien
i am attempting to make the transition from bat shit drunk to actual individual. im contemplating posting outside of the pigsty. i feel it is vital; why i am posting this is beyond even me.

i am feeling such a strong feeling of loss. i can sit down and listen to an alice in chains song and i just cry. im a dad these days and what happens to people in this world crushes my heart and causes me a lot of pain. i have to stay alive to teach my son what good things he needs to know. he loves me and looks up to me. i cant fail here. there is too much at stake. Lord help me.

i am feeling such a strong feeling of loss. i can sit down and listen to an alice in chains song and i just cry. im a dad these days and what happens to people in this world crushes my heart and causes me a lot of pain. i have to stay alive to teach my son what good things he needs to know. he loves me and looks up to me. i cant fail here. there is too much at stake. Lord help me.

Can you ask for help from anyone close to you?

You've really got to beat this, for the sake of your son.

Can you ask for help from anyone close to you?

You've really got to beat this, for the sake of your son.

thanks for caring. the ball is my court, in my hands so to speak. I have to make the right move. I (the I is empahasized) have to do this. no one else can do it for me. but ath this point i canttell you howmuch i appreciate your support. because youknow, tomorrow i can be a complete dick, with no sympahty, but i am trying to force my way through

i believe it man, i believe it.

I believe you can too. You mentioned you had a son. My dad was an alcoholic and was drunk most of my life. He would even drive us to school while he was drinking. He did so many bad things while drunk that I cut him out of my life completely when I was fourteen. He's dead now, and we never got to resolve our issues. You don't want the same thing for you and your son.

It is a really, really tough thing to do, but it can be done.
I've never gone through it myself, but people close to me have and I've seem them struggle.

You seem to really want to change (and seem to want to change for the right reasons), so you're off to a good start.

Good luck, my friend. :)

It is a really, really tough thing to do, but it can be done.
I've never gone through it myself, but people close to me have and I've seem them struggle.

You seem to really want to change (and seem to want to change for the right reasons), so you're off to a good start.

Good luck, my friend. :)

Exactly! :thumb:

My dad was also an alcoholic and it made for a very uncomfortable living environment growing up. Do it for your son. My dad nearly drank himself to death before he finally said enough. He is still going and is the most devout non-drinker you'll ever meet now. He won't be around people that drink now.

Back
Top Bottom