Morrissey Central "Vera Lynn" (August 28, 2020)

VERA LYNN IS UK NUMBER 1 WITH PATRIOTIC BRITISH SONG

MORRISSEY DISPLAYS VERA LYNN ON NME FRONT COVER

d4824f3d9449ca7bb6c39e57ed11255c_1_sdurrx.jpg

kevin cummins
photograph

(As seen recently in the condolences thread).
FWD.

You sound very inadequate, sad, and lonely. There's no shame in that but what's important is that you stop blaming black people for that and realise that your predicament is entirely of your own making.

My friend is a bit like that.......I'm alright jack...head in the sand. It's one of the things that annoys me most about him.

Bengali in Platforms is about how back in the 80s Asians were still wearing bell bottoms and early 70s male glam heels etc as they bought cheap second hand clothes at the market - and were unaware of how it looked "out of fashion" in a very fashion conscious era. It's a bit of a light humorous pisstake.

But what whipped people into a frenzy was the line that says "life is hard enough when you belong here". When asked about this line Moz replied, 'Well, if I went to Yugoslavia, would i belong there?'

In other words, he clearly stated that this line was not about mere non-racial alienation, but was very much about "place" i.e countries and cultures.

So Nerak, I know your presence here is to constantly "get Moz off the racial hook" but you are wrong on this. Certain races very naturally belong in certain countries despite the hippy ideology adopted by sneaky, pernicious globalists who insist otherwise - all to line their pockets.

:unsure::rofl:

Bengali in Platforms is about how back in the 80s Asians were still wearing bell bottoms and early 70s male glam heels etc as they bought cheap second hand clothes at the market - and were unaware of how it looked "out of fashion" in a very fashion conscious era. It's a bit of a light humorous pisstake.

But what whipped people into a frenzy was the line that says "life is hard enough when you belong here". When asked about this line Moz replied, 'Well, if I went to Yugoslavia, would i belong there?'

In other words, he clearly stated that this line was not about mere non-racial alienation, but was very much about "place" i.e countries and cultures.

So Nerak, I know your presence here is to constantly "get Moz off the racial hook" but you are wrong on this. Certain races very naturally belong in certain countries despite the hippy ideology adopted by sneaky, pernicious globalists who insist otherwise - all to line their pockets.

That's utter bollocks.

Everyone feels out of place when they first arrive somewhere new & there's no evidence the song was set in the 80s or that he didn't love those platforms.

He has never said anything as disgusting as the things you say. And he's said a lot to counter it.

You were caught with your trousers down big time.
No, I really wasn't. You were talking bollocks and you've posted nothing subsequently that changes that fact. There was certainly emigration from the UK to Australian and NZ but it's ludicrous to claim that that was some kind of 'white-flight' programme. The migration was primarily promoted by Aus and NZ who needed skilled workers which they lacked.

Pick the white cliffs of Dover that you want bluebirds to fly over. Syrian cleaners calling for the replacement of the indigenous Europeans or...

Pick the white cliffs of Dover that you want bluebirds to fly over. Syrian cleaners calling for the replacement of the indigenous Europeans or...

Oh God, no... not the Syrian cleaners?? We are lost...

Great, another racist using a post about Vera Lynn to spread one of RT's shit-stirring tweets.

Moz isn't connected to that group & they should go parasite on someone else.

That's utter bollocks.

Everyone feels out of place when they first arrive somewhere new & there's no evidence the song was set in the 80s or that he didn't love those platforms.

He has never said anything as disgusting as the things you say. And he's said a lot to counter it.
It was light humour. Every Londoner would slyly laugh at the way Asians off the boat (and otherwise) were cluelessly unfashionable in the 80s with their cheap 2nd hand market clothes - flares, bellbottoms etc.

It's just a fact. Speak to working class Londoners of the era. People forget how fashion conscious the 80s were. There were tribes everywhere - and then there was all these Asians of all ages walking round totally unawares in 2nd hand glam platforms and flares (which Moz would certainly have wryly smiled at).

This is the crux of the song - and Ill bet that I'm teaching any Americans (or youngsters) something they didn't know if they are reading this. It was a light harmless piss take - which seems impossible now of course that cultural differences cannot ever be harmlessly chuckled at without Big Bro saying no.

That is the context of "Bengali in Platforms".

It was light humour. Every Londoner would slyly laugh at the way Asians off the boat (and otherwise) were cluelessly unfashionable in the 80s with their cheap 2nd hand market clothes - flares, bellbottoms etc.

It's just a fact. Speak to working class Londoners of the era. People forget how fashion conscious the 80s were. There were tribes everywhere - and then there was all these Asians of all ages walking round totally unawares in 2nd hand glam platforms and flares (which Moz would certainly have wryly smiled at).

This is the crux of the song - and Ill bet that I'm teaching any Americans something they didn't know by reading this. It was a light harmless piss take - which seems impossible now of course that cultural differences cannot ever be harmlessly chuckled at without Big Bro saying no.

I agree. I've never considered BIP to be a racist song.

This is the crux of the song - and Ill bet that I'm teaching any Americans something they didn't know by reading this. It was a light harmless piss take - which seems impossible now of course that cultural differences cannot ever be harmlessly chuckled at without Big Bro saying no.

Moz is from Manchester, his parents were off the boat & you thought Limehouse was still full of dens in the 80s.

You're full of shit.

Moz is from Manchester, his parents were off the boat & you thought Limehouse was still full of dens in the 80s.

You're full of shit.
I said Limehouse was full of opium dens in the 1880's.

My parents were off the boat too remember.

And i'm sure the Asian "fashion situation" was exactly the same in Manchester, Leeds and everywhere else.

Blacks were very clued up fashion wise, Asians were not back then. It's just a fact.

Moz was wearing women's blouses from Evans in the 80s. 🙄

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom