"Vicar In A Tutu" (live Centennial Hall, London, Ontario, July 30, '86) posted on Spotify

40733_40732_The_Smiths-Vicar_In_a_Tutu_Live_1.jpg

Via: http://www.officialsmiths.co.uk/tqid/

Use #VicarInATutu to share memories via Twitter & Instagram.

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited:
Both the .wav & .wma are available via the downloads section.
Regards,
FWD.

Not sure how they plan to finish this series, as it’s supposed to be one unreleased live version of each track from TQID. As far as I know they only playd Some Girls Are Bigger than Others once (at Brixton Academy last gig) and that was already released on the I Started Something single way back in the day

Indeed - only played once.
I Started..., Stop Me... & There Is A Light reissue being the best routes to the track. I'd guess they will rehash Brixton, but if they were feeling generous - could put the studio outtake / demo up from the box set.
Always hopeful...
FWD.

"On the shop floor, there's a calendar, as obvious as snow, as if we didn't know."

Not sure how they plan to finish this series, as it’s supposed to be one unreleased live version of each track from TQID. As far as I know they only playd Some Girls Are Bigger than Others once (at Brixton Academy last gig) and that was already released on the I Started Something single way back in the day

They also said they would release a live version of a different song from the album every Monday right up until the release of the reissue. So they will need to find two extra songs from somewhere.

I'm intrigued as to how they are going to provide an unreleased live version of 'Some girls.....' as well. Not too long to find out now.
I'm assuming that the two extra tracks (if they happen) will be unreleased live versions of 'Panic' and 'Ask'.

Funny, witty lyrics, with Marr's typical guitar, this one somehow underrated on the album,people won't say that much it's their best nmbr of the album, and personally it's way too good to call it a filler song on the album,I doubt if there's one on a Smiths album.

Still not made my choice what to buy about TQID re-release,got a month, but it won't be the deluxe. 2cd I guess.

I'm intrigued as to how they are going to provide an unreleased live version of 'Some girls.....' as well. Not too long to find out now.
I'm assuming that the two extra tracks (if they happen) will be unreleased live versions of 'Panic' and 'Ask'.
No doubt its an error in the press release and we will get a remastered version of the only existing performance.
Jesus Pleezus, why is everyone so fookin' whiny about getting new Smiths to listen to?

Am somehow confused too, but i believe they will give us something nice as a follow up.

Last edited:
No doubt its an error in the press release and we will get a remastered version of the only existing performance.
Jesus Pleezus, why is everyone so fookin' whiny about getting new Smiths to listen to?

I for one am not being whiny - I'm just curious as to whether they will simply remaster the existing SGABTO live performance from the Brixton last gig, or (WISHFUL THINKING!) whether they will find a soundcheck version, as alluded to in Simon Goddard's book. He says it was played in soundchecks and it's pretty clear from the live tracks they have released so far that Grant Showbiz must have recorded pretty much every show he did the sound for!

And maybe the Soundcheck version of Unloveable and Asleep will be the extra two songs!!? We can dream

Something looks like it has gone wrong with the live tracks thing. No release today, and the site no longer advertises the plan to release live tracks. Instead, the TIALTNGO page links to the "take 1" version.

Better late than never - YouTube:

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom