Vinyl Chapters review by Victoria Pearson - Dog on a Chain 4/5

The reviews will be coming thick and fast now.
Most UK newspaper have their music reviews on Fridays but they tend to appear online the day before.
This from a site called Vinyl Chapters.
www.vinylchapters.com/morrissey-i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain-review/
Quite an odd review.
'Littered with great moments throughout, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is a witty and insightful album that is engaging and intriguing with clever wordplay and bright ideas.'

Valerie Pearson from Morrissey Central's twin sister.

It does feel like an unusual coincidence.

& it reads like a friend or a fan.

(edited my post because it's an open site, anyone can submit a review).

Last edited by a moderator:
Most UK newspaper have their music reviews on Fridays but they tend to appear online the day before.
Quite an odd review.
'Littered with great moments throughout, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is a witty and insightful album that is engaging and intriguing with clever wordplay and bright ideas.'
As much as I like the 4/5 score I wonder if it counts if the reviewer (1) admits to not liking Moz's voice and (2) can't spell Morrissey (it's not THAT hard to get his name right), and (3) starts the review by saying the album proves that Moz can thrive outside The Smiths (eh did he not do that with Viva Hate in 1988?).

Well, she would say that, wouldn't she?

All those that complained about partisan reviews - here's one for ya.
It must sicken you that so many people like the new album. If that genuinely annoys you then you're on the wrong site. This is supposed to be a fan site. With balanced views and argument, yes. But you're views are not balanced. You hate Moz. Ok fair enough. Just stop pissing on everyone else's enjoyment. Moz must have written Black Cloud just for you.

Quite an odd review.

ODD ??? !!! You just couldn't pick these one word responses. Even with a dictionary to hand.

Go on then. I say MAGICAL.

Bravo Morrissey
Hazard
x

It must sicken you that so many people like the new album. If that genuinely annoys you then you're on the wrong site. This is supposed to be a fan site. With balanced views and argument, yes. But you're views are not balanced. You hate Moz. Ok fair enough. Just stop pissing on everyone else's enjoyment. Moz must have written Black Cloud just for you.

No, I don't care, and there's nothing I can do about it. De gustibus non est disputandum.

My point was about those complaining about partisan reviews and then one comes long they favour and change their views to suit their world-view. Inconsistency.

And for the umpteenth time for clearly non-sober people like you, my baseline is 100% simple - I despise racists and bigots, and those who are apologists and supporters of them. Is is really that difficult for you to get that?

No, I don't care, and there's nothing I can do about it. De gustibus non est disputandum.

My point was about those complaining about partisan reviews and then one comes long they favour and change their views to suit their world-view. Inconsistency.

And for the umpteenth time for clearly non-sober people like you, my baseline is 100% simple - I despise racists and bigots, and those who are apologists and supporters of them. Is is really that difficult for you to get that?
No. What I find difficult to get is why you're on this site. Are you trolling every site you believe has racist artists and/or fans? If that's the case then there are about a zillion others worthy of your attention. Not to mention various government sites. Of course the whole 'racism' card is just something you pull out of your sleeve as an excuse to post your whinging hateful putdowns against Morrissey or anyone who happens to like his music. You hate him, you hate everything he stands for, you hate all 'non sober' fans who disagree with you. We know. You've only told us ten thousand times.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom