"Viva Mates" episode one - new Morrissey podcast

Re: New Morrissey podcast; Viva mates Episode one

Hi!

Here's the first episode in a new podcast series where myself and a friend watch and talk about all of Morrissey's solo music videos.

EPISODE ONE; SUEDEHEAD

https://soundcloud.com/viva-mates/episode-one-suedehead

Feedback welcome. Trolls embraced.

Oh dear God, I'm sorry. A few minutes in, one of you dudes wasn't sure whether or not Viva Hate was a compilation album or not AND THEN, I shut it down close to the 5 minute mark when someone said, "What does 'throw caution into the wind' mean?" I hate to be snobby, but if you're going put out a product, whether free or not, you should put something out that's worth listening to. It's like this new generation has no idea what good radio is, or has no desire to use their brains. It's all this bullshit "chill" podcast vibe that is extremely boring. Advice: prepare a show, write it out (trust me you aren't too busy doing anything important), practice, and be interesting. If you want your podcast to be just for you and friend, that's fine. If you want to be somewhat good and entertaining, be prepared. Maybe I'll try again later, but that was a horrible start. Good luck, Viva Mates.

A nice idea. As has been said already it would be better served if the people talking knew what they were talking about. Get swotting for the next episode.

everyone's an expert.... except when they're not. and that's what makes things fun. enjoyed the first installment and looking forward to more. just because you don't know every single thing about every single thing, it doesn't mean you can't have fun. keep going. to make it more interesting, you might add another friend who is a morrissey fan to chime in, as well. nice to see (hear) something where people aren't constantly being nasty seemingly just for the sake of being nasty. cheers!

Good idea for a podcast however I hope the sound quality is improved for future episodes as I found this one to be unlistenable.

Good idea for a podcast however I hope the sound quality is improved for future episodes as I found this one to be unlistenable.

A microphone will be purchased for forthcoming episodes - this was mainly to get it off the ground and see if people were even bothered about listening!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know..I understand what you and Poet are saying. Just think it's more 'fun' if they don't know too much...
being inaccurate could lead to a more interesting take on the video...considering that most who are going to listen to it...know the video's forward and backward. As I said in my first post, as long as it's not crudely abusive. :)

Thanks for listening & for the feedback! Episode Two will crawl forth in the next 24 hours hopefully... Watch this space.

- - - Updated - - -

everyone's an expert.... except when they're not. and that's what makes things fun. enjoyed the first installment and looking forward to more. just because you don't know every single thing about every single thing, it doesn't mean you can't have fun. keep going. to make it more interesting, you might add another friend who is a morrissey fan to chime in, as well. nice to see (hear) something where people aren't constantly being nasty seemingly just for the sake of being nasty. cheers!

Thanks for listening! We'll definitely be having some guest hosts in the future so keep 'em peeled for that.

World of Morrissey podcast #3 (David Bowie Tribute)

World Of Morrissey Podcast #3 (David Bowie Tribute)

https://www.mixcloud.com/WorldOfMorrissey/world-of-morrissey-podcast-3-david-bowie-tribute/

Track listing:

1) Rock 'n' Roll Suicide – David Bowie
Morrissey paid homage on I Know It’s Gonna Happen Someday, which in turn Bowie covered on Black Tie White Noise.

2) All The Young Dudes – Mott The Hoople
Written and produced by Bowie. Morrissey bought this classic Mott single on release in 1972, subsequently playing it to his father who remained resolutely unimpressed.

3) Kooks (Peel Session) – David Bowie
Ode to Bowie’s newborn son. Morrissey borrowed the line about throwing your homework onto the fire for Sheila Take A Bow.

4) Strawberry Fair – Anthony Newley
Big influence on Laughing Gnome era Bowie, this song featured on Morrissey’s tour interval tape in the late 90s.

5) Gimme Danger (Bowie Mix) – Iggy & The Stooges
Produced by Bowie, from the Raw Power LP. A favourite of Morrissey’s and hugely influential on Johnny Marr’s early guitar style (see Hand In Glove).

6) I’m Waiting For My Man – The Riot Squad (Feat. David Bowie)
Early VU cover, from ‘67, with Bowie on vocals. Original version is from one of Morrissey’s favourite LPs, The Velvet Underground & Nico

7) The Jean Genie – David Bowie
Provided the blueprint for Your Arsenal’s Glamorous Glue.

8) Black Country Rock – David Bowie
From Morrissey’s favourite Bowie album, The Man Who Sold The World. Notable for Bowie’s Marc Bolan impression towards the end of the track.

9) Cosmic Dancer – T.Rex
Morrissey and Bowie covered Cosmic Dancer live in LA, at the Inglewood Forum in 1991. The crowd went appropriately nuts.

10) Satellite Of Love – Lou Reed
Produced by Ronson and Bowie, the latter also supplied backing vocals. Morrissey released a live version as a tribute to Reed, shortly after his death in 2013.

11) Morning Star Ship – Jobriath
Amongst Morrissey’s favourite artists from the Glam era. Jobriath was billed as ‘the new Bowie’ in the early 70s, but sadly had little success and soon disappeared.

12) Drive-In Saturday – David Bowie
Highlight from Aladdin Sane. Morrissey has covered the song several times in concert, his version features on the compilation Swords.

13) Sea Diver – Mott The Hoople
Produced by Bowie. Morrissey chose this song as one of his Desert Island Discs in 2009.

14) Fantastic Voyage – David Bowie
Quoted by Morrissey as a favourite in a letter to pen pal Robert Mackie. Very much proto-Moz.

15) Starman – David Bowie
Bowie’s TOTP performance of this song was arguably the most iconic and influential in the show’s history. In Autobiography Morrissey says that as a 12 year old he was ‘…unable to leave for school unless I’d soothed my sickness with at least one spin of Starman’.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom