Was Morrissey in love with Johnny Marr?

Source for the admitting that angel is about Marr?

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/songs/songs-angelangel.htm

In an interview published in 1992 (source needed), Morrissey said: "It was written with Johnny Marr in mind and it is the only song that I have written with him in mind, post Smiths. I saw him in the music industry being used and being pushed around and being manipulated and I felt I was in a situation and I thought, 'Look at me, look at you - it's the same, it's a mess and this is as far as we will go' which wasn't quite true in the end but at that moment it felt pretty despairing for both, I felt despairing for both of us but I was wrong."

Of course. All the angst and sadness of it went into the music. What would The Smiths be without There Is A Light, Last Night I Dreamt, Well I Wonder? They're not words he strung together for fun, you can hear the heartache. Angel, Angel is poignant too.

hqdefault.jpg

Hand in Glove, There is a Light, I Keep Mine Hidden, I Know It's Over, I Want the One I Can't Have... (In my opinion). And probably others I'm too lazy to dig out right now. Morrissey even admitted that Angel, Angel, Down We Go was written about Marr. I would say it's fairly unusual to refer to someone who was just an ex-bandmate as 'Angel'.

What Difference Does It Make? , I Won't Share You, These Things Take Time, He Knows I'd Love To See Him, Disappointed, Billy Budd, I Don't Mind If You Forget Me, I Know Very Well How I Got My Name, etc etc.

"Why does no-one ask if Johnny Marr was in love with me? That he was, perhaps, madly in love with me but didn't feel he could act on that, or lacked the courage to ever take it any further?".

Morrissey, i-D magazine, 2003.

Absolutely. It's all there, all over his face, it's impossible to deny. Johnny, on the other hand, looks like he's silently signalling 'Help'.
But if you guide your attention over here:
f89a4fd64276c5b230f371b9ad2e95c8.jpg

A completely different dynamic. Moz looks so closed, shy, and awkward. His hands are very conveniently placed...:brows:

All of those songs were written about the true love of his life Aunt Nancy. Reckon you people are lost inn n n n n n n nn n it. Stop thinking about John Maher. The Smiths are dead and will never reform except for the secret corporate gigs in the USA. The closest John and Steve ever get is when they are shootin' hoops in John Maher's backyard in Portland, Oregon or boogie boardin' on Malibu at Steve's house. Wake up.

it's a shame they don't speak anymore. I think it was rotten the way Johnny ended the Smiths and it hurt Morrissey beyond words but who wasn't an ass at 25 years old?

people make wrong decisions all the time and disappoint , you miss out on a lot when you don't forgive my love. Sanity is knowing who is worth keeping around.

Feelings between men of a young age is so very complicated and is often confused with being something else. I think men were better at that back in the day when being a gentleman would have been seen as being gay as in the case with Brideshead Revisited that describes it well but most people just focused on the few characters that were in fact gay thinking everyone was.

All of those songs were written about the true love of his life Aunt Nancy. Reckon you people are lost inn n n n n n n nn n it. Stop thinking about John Maher. The Smiths are dead and will never reform except for the secret corporate gigs in the USA. The closest John and Steve ever get is when they are shootin' hoops in John Maher's backyard in Portland, Oregon or boogie boardin' on Malibu at Steve's house. Wake up.

I'll give you one thing, Aztec, it's more likely that they're all about Nancy than about Mike Joyce :lbf:

Moz was just in love with Marr's wig. You don't wanna know what Moz does when he buys one of these:

IDShot_540x540.jpg

"Oh Marsy, you're so hard today yet soft on the inside mmmmm"

But if you guide your attention over here:
f89a4fd64276c5b230f371b9ad2e95c8.jpg

A completely different dynamic. Moz looks so closed, shy, and awkward. His hands are very conveniently placed...:brows:

As previously stated, and now confirmed, tiny DramaJ is but 4 ft 10 inches tall. I threw him
an inch as mercy but now taking it back.:lbf:

Okay, now I'm confused! Why is that person a horse? Is this from a show I don't know? Is there some joke I've not got? Please help!
Bojack Horseman. A former celebrity brought low by his own solipsistic tendencies and self destructive nature. It's actually a really good Netflix show if you can get over the wacky premise. That horse (pictured) also lies, usually to himself.

Bojack Horseman. A former celebrity brought low by his own solipsistic tendencies and self destructive nature. It's actually a really good Netflix show if you can get over the wacky premise. That horse (pictured) also lies, usually to himself.
Thank God, I thought I had a really stupid moment and was missing something obvious :lbf: I don't have Netflix.

Tags
marr morriseey the smiths
Back
Top Bottom