Was Morrissey in love with Johnny Marr?

I never said 'all' songs, just some pretty specific and fairly blatant ones from the immediate aftermath of the Smiths split. You disagree, KS, so let's leave it there. If you want to know more about their final sessions, read the Tony Fletcher book, Mozipedia by Simon Goddard, Songs That Saved Your Life or the Severed Alliance. I'm not pointlessly arguing into the ground about something that (in my view) pretty much stares you in the face. Making certain passages of text enormous or brightly coloured is needless and doesn't strengthen your argument.

who's arguing ? chill out girl.

But you do mean Cilla Black and not Twinkle and Cilla Black, right ?

'I'm not pointlessly arguing into the ground about something that (in my view) pretty much stares you in the face.'

yes, you choose the obvious and come to obvious conclusions, which I find strange.

I would prefer to take info from Morrissey and Marr, and wouldn't put too much faith in those other books.

Still find it hard to believe Morrissey was 'low on material'. And Marr was most likely tired from working and just finishing Strangeways, and surely not inspired to write new songs, especially after the way he was told to go back into the studio by the rest of the band.

'I never said 'all' songs, just some pretty specific and fairly blatant ones from the immediate aftermath of the Smiths split.'

In an interview published in 1992 (source needed), Morrissey said in regards to 'Angel, Angel Down We Go Together':

"It was written with Johnny Marr in mind and it is the only song that I have written with him in mind, post Smiths. I saw him in the music industry being used and being pushed around and being manipulated and I felt I was in a situation and I thought, 'Look at me, look at you - it's the same, it's a mess and this is as far as we will go' which wasn't quite true in the end but at that moment it felt pretty despairing for both, I felt despairing for both of us but I was wrong."

:cool:

i have heard several times The Morrissey was in love with Marr theory, but I’m not sure if it’s true or not. Allegedly the song I won’t share you is about Marr and Girlfriend in a coma about Marr’s girlfriend
The acrimony that exists between these two which Marr has tried for years to quell has all the earmarks of a love affair gone wrong. They were lovers and it went badly for morrissey is the type of man when he falls in love he falls deeply and Johnny Marr was probably just sowing his wild english oats like jon moss of culture club was with boy george. Like in jon moss' case where boy george didn't take the break-up well, morrissey didn't take the break-up well.

The acrimony that exists between these two which Marr has tried for years to quell has all the earmarks of a love affair gone wrong. They were lovers and it went badly for morrissey is the type of man when he falls in love he falls deeply and Johnny Marr was probably just sowing his wild english oats like jon moss of culture club was with boy george. Like in jon moss' case where boy george didn't take the break-up well, morrissey didn't take the break-up well.
"Forgive someone"....says it all...case closed

"Forgive someone"....says it all...case closed
I don’t really think that song is aboutJohnny. It refers quite explicitly to someone from his school days.

I think that Morrissey is the most physically attractive of The Smiths. Morrissey is beautiful both inside and out. Morrrissey has that classic Irish look with striking blue eyes, fair skin and dark brown hair. Morrissey is tall, refined and handsome. Morrissey said that his father was also a handsome man who looked like Northern Irish footballer George Best.

I don't think that Morrissey wants to be seen as bisexual. I think he talked about having a romantic relationship with photographer Jake Walters. There was also Iranian-born, Los Angeles-based Tina Dehghani. Morrissey thought about marrying Tina Dehghani and even having children with her. Tina Dehghani isn't to be confused with Mike Joyce's wife Tina Riley-Joyce her name is Christina but she is know as "Tina" for short. Also I don't think that Tina Riley-Joyce is related to Julia Riley.

Intellectually and creatively Mike Joyce is no match for Morrissey. Maybe it was Mike Joyce who had a crush on Morrissey? I think that Mike Joyce is dodgy.

Morrissey had a female friend when he was very young called Anji Hardie sadly she died of cancer at a very young age. I think that her death really affected Morrissey. Anji Hardie isn't to be confused with Johnny Marr's wife Angie Marr her name is Angela but she is know as "Angie" for short I think she was Angela Brown before she got married.
You're naive if you think the Tina situation was anything but a live-in surrogacy much like what Marc Bolan, and Lou Reed married women for.

"The woman of my dreams, she, she never came along. The woman of my dreams...well, there never was one."

The man has left a staggering number of bread crumbs throughout his career, only to have the scent go cold for some at the slightest hint of female cohabitation.

The homosexual identity for men from past generations could be very complicated, and to some degree, it still is.

I don’t really think that song is aboutJohnny. It refers quite explicitly to someone from his school days.
good point,and we don't have bleechers in the uk.so its obviously the good ol us of a.

morrissey obv was in love with johnny, and a more intresting question to me is was johnny in love with morrissey or possibly still is? like morrissey had that song swallow on my neck and then a couple of years later johnny as a grown ass 40+ man gets a swallow tattood on his neck! hmmm...

morrissey obv was in love with johnny, and a more intresting question to me is was johnny in love with morrissey or possibly still is? like morrissey had that song swallow on my neck and then a couple of years later johnny as a grown ass 40+ man gets a swallow tattood on his neck! hmmm...
Johnny certainly was. If you read Set The Boy Free you'll feel it.

Johnny chose Angie over Stephen.
Left Morrissey in permanent state of psychic damage. Were they intimate? 30 years later, "what difference does it make"?

:rolleyes:

WTF????????:crazy:

Moz has psychic damage?????? MOZ??????

what do you call getting a :bird: neck tattoo at 55 years of age, while wearing the:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:????:lbf:

then, in the bizarro get up, talking to exploding comets FFS, DramaJ talks to comets. that
pretty much COOKOO:crazy:
:lbf:

Johnny chose Angie over Stephen.
Left Morrissey in permanent state of psychic damage. Were they intimate? 30 years later, "what difference does it make"?

You know, one look at lovely, petite Angie and you just know Morrissey was NOT Johnny's type. However, for Morrissey, Angie was the female version of Johnny. If Moz was humasexual, I could see him going for them both. Frankly, for the Marrs, it must have been pretty creepy.

Perhaps Moz had a taste of that charming young man/twink JM way back when. It's speculative unless you were there. A secret that apparently will go to the grave with them and anyone else with direct knowledge.

We have their music that's sufficient. Let them continue to make music as solo acts in peace.
They are entitled to their secrets and their private lives.

Perhaps Moz had a taste of that charming young man/twink JM way back when. It's speculative unless you were there. A secret that apparently will go to the grave with them and anyone else with direct knowledge.

We have their music that's sufficient. Let them continue to make music as solo acts in peace.
They are entitled to their secrets and their private lives.

I really don't think those longing, yearning song lyrics would have happened if anything actually physically happened between them. Their relationship is intrinsic to their songs though, so I think it is relevant to discuss. And isn't it much lovelier than debating politics?

WTF????????:crazy:

Moz has psychic damage?????? MOZ??????

what do you call getting a :bird: neck tattoo at 55 years of age, while wearing the:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:????:lbf:

then, in the bizarro get up, talking to exploding comets FFS, DramaJ talks to comets. that
pretty much COOKOO:crazy:
:lbf:

My comment does not exclude possibility or likelihood that Johnny is also maladjusted! The early to mid 80s were a strange time as I recall somewhat vaguely in my mid 50s.

However I am fond of much of Marr's recent music. Whether he talks to comets or to Mr. Ed (the talking horse, of course), I cannot know. I also enjoyed Morrissey's earlier solo work and have lots of it in my collection. Their solo music is not mutually exclusive.

If Morrissey and Marr were involved physically back in the early years of their collaboration, it would have been secret. It was taboo in the US until the last 20 years or so. Perhaps some folks in England were open to that lifestyle earlier, but record company executives on both sides of our shared pond may have been another story.

It's a topic better left buried in history for now. If they wish to discuss it a decade from now when their music careers are over, they will. I would think Johnny's hair and mine will be quite white by then!

My comment does not exclude possibility or likelihood that Johnny is also maladjusted! The early to mid 80s were a strange time as I recall somewhat vaguely in my mid 50s.

However I am fond of much of Marr's recent music. Whether he talks to comets or to Mr. Ed (the talking horse, of course), I cannot know. I also enjoyed Morrissey's earlier solo work and have lots of it in my collection. Their solo music is not mutually exclusive.

If Morrissey and Marr were involved physically back in the early years of their collaboration, it would have been secret. It was taboo in the US until the last 20 years or so. Perhaps some folks in England were open to that lifestyle earlier, but record company executives on both sides of our shared pond may have been another story.

It's a topic better left buried in history for now. If they wish to discuss it a decade from now when their music careers are over, they will. I would think Johnny's hair and mine will be quite white by then!

you are fond of much of Mr Cometrys music? WTF!!! is the Missus paying you with unsold tickets?

you 'cannot know' if Mr Cometry talks to comets despite him being on "CALL THE COMET" tour:lbf::lbf:

how is that tour going by the way.:)

In answer to the question I do hope he wasn’t, in recent times I’ve come to view JM as a weak fake character who likes to Virtual Signal? I might be wrong, only good egg (keep the MSM onside) JM knows the answer. I cringed at the stuttering Oxford Union Q&A, he even tried to get an easy laugh at his founders expense. Don’t bite the talent that found you :dogface:

You know, I came across this picture of Mike Joyce and here, he looks like he could be Johnny's more muscular brother. Just sayin', maybe Moz couldn't have the one he wanted, but...

View attachment 49359

Johnny's got normal-sized ears, last I looked...

Tags
marr morriseey the smiths
Back
Top Bottom