Was Morrissey in love with Johnny Marr?

In answer to the question I do hope he wasn’t, in recent times I’ve come to view JM as a weak fake character who likes to Virtual Signal? I might be wrong, only good egg (keep the MSM onside) JM knows the answer. I cringed at the stuttering Oxford Union Q&A, he even tried to get an easy laugh at his founders expense. Don’t bite the talent that found you :dogface:

I've been a Smiths fan since 1984. Johnny Marr is someone who has been constant and sincere in his political beliefs and has not been shy about speaking about them. His Oxford Union Q&A was remarkable given that he is a musician, not a speaker. He was articulate, warm and funny. And if you know anything about the history of the Smiths, it was Johnny who went and found Morrissey, not the other way round. :)

I've been a Smiths fan since 1984. Johnny Marr is someone who has been constant and sincere in his political beliefs and has not been shy about speaking about them. His Oxford Union Q&A was remarkable given that he is a musician, not a speaker. He was articulate, warm and funny. And if you know anything about the history of the Smiths, it was Johnny who went and found Morrissey, not the other way round. :)
And if Morrissey hadn’t opened the door, Johnny would still be skint in Wythenshaw. For sure :)

And if Morrissey hadn’t opened the door, Johnny would still be skint in Wythenshaw. For sure :)

Most of Johnny's friends went into the music industry - the Cult, the Fall, A Certain Ratio, Buzzcocks, The The. He would have followed them and 'made it' as some guitarist or other, even without Moz.

In answer to the question I do hope he wasn’t, in recent times I’ve come to view JM as a weak fake character who likes to Virtual Signal? I might be wrong, only good egg (keep the MSM onside) JM knows the answer. I cringed at the stuttering Oxford Union Q&A, he even tried to get an easy laugh at his founders expense. Don’t bite the talent that found you :dogface:

:lbf:

i count myself lucky at not being able to understand the gibberish in that school room video however it was very annoying to see his arrogant lounging while wearing his peasant outfit, as if he were the new Ho Chi Minh. Very very annoying:straightface:

:lbf:

i count myself lucky at not being able to understand the gibberish in that school room video however it was very annoying to see his arrogant lounging while wearing his peasant outfit, as if he were the new Ho Chi Minh. Very very annoying:straightface:
So funny. I guess the badger streak is to kid us he’s not dying his hare :rolleyes: hop hop

With Johnny’s talent? You must be joking! At 18 he’d already turned down joining some Factory bands because he thought he could do better and he was right. And he’d already met Matt Johnson.

With Johnny’s talent? You must be joking! At 18 he’d already turned down joining some Factory bands because he thought he could do better and he was right. And he’d already met Matt Johnson.

:rolleyes:

o_O

none of the shows in various dive bars have sold out.
he lives off appearances at housewife tv shows talking about moz, so you can
make a case that Moz is still feeding him:lbf: poor twat.

I don't have anything against johnny marr but surely he must have his own version of morrisseysolo,i don't get the fascination on here,i know people will say he was part of the smiths but so was Rourke and joyce.

Morrissey Marr Megamix Dublin 27th February 1987.jpg

Silly putty.
But good excuse anyway to post this photograph, snapped 33 years ago TO-NIGHT, in the Cathedral Club, Christchurch, Dublin at RTE's 'Megamix' TV taping.
Perhaps one of the last candids captured of M&J...
Posted on twitter by the girl wot shot it ~ Colette Mcgee.
Thank You ?

One thinks that Johnny was in love with Morrissey.

LOOK AT THE BLOODY NECKLACE ON JOHNNY:

Hey, this is a bit like the John Lennon-Brian Epstein relationship. Did they, didn't they?

Moz guitar.jpg

:yum:

Tags
marr morriseey the smiths
Back
Top Bottom