Wedding Bell Blues makes Radio 2's 'A List' & Telegraph review - Morrissey Central

"makes Radio 2's 'A List'"

full

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/230055-wedding-bell-blues

Then followed by a section of the review shared here yesterday:

The Telegraph, UK newspaper reviews Morrissey On Broadway:

“Morrissey has been pretty consistently great over the years, and right now, on the cusp of turning 60, he is performing like his life depends upon it. “

“His distinctive voice was in fantastic shape, a creamy baritone rising up to sweet falsetto, descending into gruff barks and extending into melismatic yodelling warbles.”

“it strikes me as a tragedy that this extraordinary Englishman no longer feels welcome in his homeland. Because this is a show that should be seen, a slice of rock theatre as life-enhancing, thought-provoking and emotionally powerful as any West End drama.”

May 8, 2019

www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-telegraph

Someone's been catching up on the news here ;)
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear about “Wedding Bell Blues”, it’s a lovely cover.

I hope one night of the Broadway run was recorded - preferably Saturday or Tuesday - and will be released on DVD/BluRay. It would be brilliant if all of the nights were recorded and the additional songs had their own listing as a special feature, but perhaps too much to ask for.

He should as it wasn't promoted at all first time round and some of the songs have grown in popularity with each airing, Staircase and Istanbul come to mind and the title track.
I would also like to see an official release of the Broadway run as it has been a triumph of his range of voice and backcatalogue. It would make up for not being there in person.

My joy and smiler etc as well. It’s one of my fav morrissey albums

Istanbul is a gem,for that song only WPINOYB should get a 2nd release, but it never will happen as that recordlabel also owns rights, and I think one have to come with lots of money to get it undone, they sacked Morrissey when He complained about lack of PR, result , the album out the shops...> for the ones who don't know why and how<

Just for reference:
47830_47829_IMG_5477_hrscyg.jpg
45907_45905_20190126_163515_fzfzin.jpg

Not the same time period.
Regards,
FWD.

"makes Radio 2's 'A List'"

full

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/230055-wedding-bell-blues

Then followed by a section of the review shared here yesterday:

The Telegraph, UK newspaper reviews Morrissey On Broadway:

“Morrissey has been pretty consistently great over the years, and right now, on the cusp of turning 60, he is performing like his life depends upon it. “

“His distinctive voice was in fantastic shape, a creamy baritone rising up to sweet falsetto, descending into gruff barks and extending into melismatic yodelling warbles.”

“it strikes me as a tragedy that this extraordinary Englishman no longer feels welcome in his homeland. Because this is a show that should be seen, a slice of rock theatre as life-enhancing, thought-provoking and emotionally powerful as any West End drama.”

May 8, 2019

www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-telegraph

Someone's been catching up on the news here ;)
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
It's a great photo and reclaims World Peace as his own nó matter who owns the rights to reissues.
Morrissey quite rightly is A List.

i thought it was M who owned the rights to world peace.

i thought it was M who owned the rights to world peace.
Quite right.
That's what was asserted during the "f*** Harvest" time period at least.
From TTY at the time:

tty.png

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom