Went to the Rob Zombie/Ozzy Osborne show at MSG last night

PapaJack

Belligerent ghoul
HAHA! For some odd reason, I'm expecting a hail of garbage to get thrown at me for posting this...but whatever, I had a great effin time at the show.
It was my first time seeing either one live, so I was looking forward to it. How could anyone not love Ozzy? He's definitely showing his age but he still knows how to play the crowd and honestly, he sounded better than I thought he would...and Zakk Wylde totally rocked on guitar as usual. Though Ozzy was the headliner, it definitely seemed like Zombie's night...for someone who played for less than an hour...Rob Zombie pwned the Garden last night!
Overall...good times!

Here's some pics of Zombie:
zombie5.jpg

zombie4.jpg

zombie6.jpg

zombie2.jpg

Here's some vids from the show that I found on Youtube:

Ozzy- Bark At The Moon

Rob Zombie- Demon Speeding

Rob Zombie- Thunderkiss 65

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob Zombie- Living Dead Girl

Ozzy- Mr. Crowley (incomplete)

Rob Zombie- Intro/American Witch

Right now I am about to call my friend Justin and yell at him. He told me about Zombie and I declined. He never mentioned Ozzy. I would have gone to see that.

That bastard! Then again, it serves you right for denying Zombie. :p:D I don't know why, but I can't help liking the guy and he puts on a hell of a show.
My friend told me we were going last week...he got $40 buck nosebleed seats in like section 406. :( But we got there and said f*ck it and sat in section 203. We kept sliding over when the actual ticket holders arrived until we were out of seats to move to, so we got up, walked around and ended up in like the 5th row of section 45!!! :D I love it when a plan comes together!

I almost went to an Ozzfest once :p I like Ozzy, really I do. Rob Zombie is a freak too (I like freaks) and a good film director :)

Glad you got as close as you could. So, did you mosh? If so, did you come out unscathed or is there a boot print on your face? :D

I almost went to an Ozzfest once. I like Ozzy, really I do. Rob Zombie is a freak too (I like freaks) and a good film director

Glad you got as close as you could. So, did you mosh? If so, did you come out unscathed or is there a boot print on your face? :D

Ozzy's always cool...plus he makes me laugh somehow...he's like a little, bouncy, demented, manic, water bucket throwing, heavy metal head, senior citizen. Seeing him on stage makes me smile. haha

I think the freak thing is what I like most about Rob Zombie too. HAHA. And he puts that into everything he does whether it's his performance, the stage production at his shows or his movies. I actually got into Zombie more due to his movies...kinda backwards I guess, but that's how I roll. LOL
I really liked the style of House of 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects and that led me to starting to appreciate his work overall a lil more.

Haha...speaking of which, here's a photo that I had on myspazz of me with Capt Spaulding and Otis.
monstermania07001.jpg

MSG kinda sucks for moshing unfortunately because the entire place was seated except for right in the front and I couldn't get that close. So I just stood in the aisle and took it all in. Plus...I got an elbow in the eye at Moz's last Hammerstein show...I could only imagine how well I'd fair in a pit at my old age. LOL

Eew!! I can't stand Ozzy and/or Rob Zombie. They're horrible singers!

Thanks for sharing ;) I wouldn't put Ozzy or Zombie in a vocalist competition but for sheer energy and entertainment value, they have a alot to offer. Eh....To each his own, I guess. :rolleyes:

Eew!! I can't stand Ozzy and/or Rob Zombie. They're horrible singers!

Well then, I guess you have not a god damn thing to offer this thread then do you? I really and tired of people that stop by other threads to say that the person the poster is writing about sucks. If you do not like Ozzy then why read the thread. Stop hating.

Do your homework. Ozzy is a big fan of Lennon and quite a few of songs lyrically and musically reflect that.

I look at a song like Dreamer as a Part II of Imagine.

Well then, I guess you have not a god damn thing to offer this thread then do you? I really and tired of people that stop by other threads to say that the person the poster is writing about sucks. If you do not like Ozzy then why read the thread. Stop hating.

Do your homework. Ozzy is a big fan of Lennon and quite a few of songs lyrically and musically reflect that.

I look at a song like Dreamer as a Part II of Imagine.

HAHAHA!
Ahhhh Buzzetta...always the voice of reason. :)

HAHAHA!
Ahhhh Buzzetta...always the voice of reason. :)

There were quite a few F - Bombs in there until I edited it. That is why "am sick" was deleted from the post and mistakenly not put back.

There were quite a few F - Bombs in there until I edited it. That is why "am sick" was deleted from the post and mistakenly not put back.

Should've just went for the ever tasteful.........
The Rock says 'Know Your Role and Shut Your Mouth!
rock.jpg

Should've just went for the ever tasteful.........
The Rock says 'Know Your Role and Shut Your Mouth!
rock.jpg

If I decide to get a tan and before I shaved my head... I went as the Rock for Halloween and my friend went as Mankind. Crazy mofo had his own mask and grew out his beard with a wig for the role.

It was a great costume until we all got drunk and I actually hit him with a steel chair. Crazy mo fo that my boy Anthony is stayed in character and asked for another.

This was my 1500th post.... and I am talking about hitting my friend with a steel folding chair

WOOOOO!!!!

If I decide to get a tan and before I shaved my head... I went as the Rock for Halloween and my friend went as Mankind. Crazy mofo had his own mask and grew out his beard with a wig for the role.

It was a great costume until we all got drunk and I actually hit him with a steel chair. Crazy mo fo that my boy Anthony is stayed in character and asked for another.

This was my 1500th post.... and I am talking about hitting my friend with a steel folding chair

WOOOOO!!!!

Did someone say chairshot?
chairshot.gif

Great story though! HAHAHA
I was going to college in Albany around '98-2000 so whenever we got drunk, which was every night, we'd start breaking out Rock promos in the middle of the bar or at someone's house. This led to me Rock Bottoming my boy though a folding table once. HAHAHA!
He did get revenge though...as 2 weeks later, he and another friend talked me into willingly running into a 3D! Ouch!
180px-Dudleydeathdrop.jpg

Zombie- House of 1,000 Corpses (live MSG)

Zombie- Never Gonna Stop (live MSG)

Ozzy takes a cue from Moz and has intermission videos from various TV shows...only with him in them. haha

Back
Top Bottom