Votes: 18 43.9%
  • I was deeply loathed

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I have had my school days erased through hypnotherapy

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Daddy Cool

Dodgy Fool-san
I was moderately popular with a medium sized group of friends, but then when I hit 15 I went a bit introverted and quiet (for no obvious reason) and fell off the radar. Intentionally. Kind of recovered a bit at Uni, so things worked out in the end.

What about you?

(Please don't turn this into a Morrissey saved me thread!)

I was moderately popular with a medium sized group of friends, but then when I hit 15 I went a bit introverted and quiet (for no obvious reason) and fell off the radar. Intentionally. Kind of recovered a bit at Uni, so things worked out in the end.

What about you?

(Please don't turn this into a Morrissey saved me thread!)

I did everything in high school, sports, academics, dating, german club, being "punk", role playing games, everything, everything
everybody knew me!
but I had very, very, very few close friends
I think I was an outsider in every group
I hated most of them, I suppose
I am over it now though
I guess...

I was moderately popular because I was friends with all different types of people/cliques and I just didn't give a shit about what other people thought. I was also pretty wild, therefore people liked having me at their parties. Having said all this, maybe none of it counts because I was rarely at school the last couple of years of high school (but I still did alright and graduated).

In a twisted fairytale I was more popular after I came out of the closet. At a Catholic school of all places! But the Religious Education teachers hated me very much :)

I was somewhat moderately popular. I wasn't as popular like some nominated homecoming queen, but I did have a group of friends I would be around with.

I was popular within the art crowd, but not so much with the rest of the school. We're talking about high school, right?

I had my best friend with me and it was all I needed. She is still my best friend today.

My mum too is still good friends with her best friend from school. I learned from her all there is to know about unconditional love and holding grudges :thumb:

I was too quiet and shy to be popular so most people ignored me and those that didn't just took the piss out of me. I only had a few friends. I wasn't bullied just teased.

I had always assumed I was unpopular. I was in the group with the non-popular smart kids. Most of us were in band, so we were social, but we weren't in student government or go to dances or anything. Only 1 of us went to prom and it was cause she had a boyfriend for like 4 years.

A few years ago I went to my 20th HS reunion. Some people didn't remember me, but A LOT of people came up and talked to me who, I swear, never spoke to me once in high school. I told my dad later, and he said he thought I was very popular. I told him he was full of it. :lbf: Though, it's true, since my dad taught at our school, everyone knew who I was, but that's not how I would define 'popular.'

In the last couple months TONS of people I barely, or do not remember at all, from high school have friended me on fb. I don't know if that's because they remember me fondly, or simply see me connected to other friends from high school and vaguely remember my name because of who my father is.

When I was in high school I was a total hippie. I stood out so everyone knew who I was. Sure some people made fun of me for the way I dressed but I was into so many different things that I got along with everyone.

I liked to party so that got me in good with a lot of people.
I was very competetive in sports so the jocks liked me.
I took computer classes and was really good at it so the geeks/nerds liked me
I took autoshop and knew a ton about cars and that got me in with the gearheads.

The funny thing is the group of kids that I didn't get on with was the goths. I used to make fun of them saying, "They probably go hang out on Thayer Street and listen to The Smiths."

I couldn't even name a single Smiths song. I just saw the Stop Me video on MTV once and pidgeon-holed an entire demographic that I soon became part of.

Way to go me!

I spent most of my time including some exams scrawling I love The Smiths on the wooden desks.I had seriously bad 80's hair and the eyeliner was criminal.I had a few friends but was mostly found sat on the field or in the form room with my Sony Walkman .:guitar:

When I was in high school I was a total hippie. I stood out so everyone knew who I was. Sure some people made fun of me for the way I dressed but I was into so many different things that I got along with everyone.

I liked to party so that got me in good with a lot of people.
I was very competetive in sports so the jocks liked me.
I took computer classes and was really good at it so the geeks/nerds liked me
I took autoshop and knew a ton about cars and that got me in with the gearheads.

The funny thing is the group of kids that I didn't get on with was the goths. I used to make fun of them saying, "They probably go hang out on Thayer Street and listen to The Smiths."

I couldn't even name a single Smiths song. I just saw the Stop Me video on MTV once and pidgeon-holed an entire demographic that I soon became part of.

Way to go me!

moderator.jpg

Back
Top Bottom