What a maneuver!: A WWF appreciation thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
464AC215-FCA2-47BD-80A3-C3C2096A0715.jpeg

It pains me to admit it, but post-stroke Bret Hart looked more formidable in the ring than current Kurt Angle does.

I wouldn't go that far although you're probably being hyperbolic. Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon in 2010 or whatever year it was, was one of the worst matches I've seen. Bret could hardly throw a punch or apply the sharpshooter. He had no business being in the ring, and wasn't in shape. Kurt still has a decent physique and can manage to take a few bumps and perform a few suplexes.

He participated in a minor classic at Wrestlemania last year, although his contribution to the match wasn't massive it was still important. With that being said he obviously has slowed considerably which I was surprised by because I haven't watched TNA/Impact Wrestling in years but last I heard he was still putting on top notch performances there in his 40s.

58 year old Flair in 2008 was capable of better performances than Kurt is now -- although I suppose that's partly because Ric used comedy and emotion in his matches to compensate for his diminished in-ring ability in his later years, whereas Kurt is still doing the same 'wrestling machine' gimmick from 15 years ago.

Ric couldn't be 'The Man' at 58, and Kurt can't be the 'wrestling machine' at 50, but Ric realized that whereas Kurt apparently doesn't; or at least didn't until very recently.

If Kurt's going out in a one-on-one match like Flair did, it has to be against someone worthy of the occasion, which isn't Corbin. I'd have Kurt defeat Corbin in a match next week on Raw and then have Cena respond to a 'Kurt Angle Open Challenge' at Wrestlemania, like he did for his first Smackdown match back in 2002.

I wouldn't go that far although you're probably being hyperbolic. Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon in 2010 or whatever year it was, was one of the worst matches I've seen. Bret could hardly throw a punch or apply the sharpshooter. He had no business being in the ring, and wasn't in shape. Kurt still has a decent physique and can manage to take a few bumps and perform a few suplexes.

He participated in a minor classic at Wrestlemania last year, although his contribution to the match wasn't massive it was still important. With that being said he obviously has slowed considerably which I was surprised by because I haven't watched TNA/Impact Wrestling in years but last I heard he was still putting on top notch performances there in his 40s.

58 year old Flair in 2008 was capable of better performances than Kurt is now -- although I suppose that's partly because Ric used comedy and emotion in his matches to compensate for his diminished in-ring ability in his later years, whereas Kurt is still doing the same 'wrestling machine' gimmick from 15 years ago.

Ric couldn't be 'The Man' at 58, and Kurt can't be the 'wrestling machine' at 50, but Ric realized that whereas Kurt apparently doesn't; or at least didn't until very recently.

If Kurt's going out in a one-on-one match like Flair did, it has to be against someone worthy of the occasion, which isn't Corbin. I'd have Kurt defeat Corbin in a match next week on Raw and then have Cena respond to a 'Kurt Angle Open Challenge' at Wrestlemania, like he did for his first Smackdown match back in 2002.

I like how you suck my dick in this thread and whine that I came in your mouth on the other one.

I like how you suck my dick in this thread and whine that I came in your mouth on the other one.

I'm a man of many talents. But this is the thread for talking about Kurt Angle, Wrestlemania, Bret Hart, etc. etc. Why are you breaking kayfabe? There are plenty of other threads where I can, and do, verbally scorch you. You seem rattled, Viva. You're not being a mark are you? Are you getting worked into a shoot like a jabroni?

I'm a man of many talents. But this is the thread for talking about Kurt Angle, Wrestlemania, Bret Hart, etc. etc. Why are you breaking kayfabe? There are plenty of other threads where I can, and do, verbally scorch you. You seem rattled, Viva. You're not being a mark are you? Are you getting worked into a shoot like a jabroni?

Rattled by what? Shots in the dark? Lol. Get over yourself.

Angle v Styles on Tuesday. Won’t be as good as their TNA matches but I expect AJ to carry Kurt to a great little tv match like Gable did last Monday.

It pains me to admit it, but post-stroke Bret Hart looked more formidable in the ring than current Kurt Angle does.

I haven't been watching wrestling in a while but I happened to catch Kurt Angle on the WWE the other night. Jesus H. f***en Christ I didn't realize he was banged up that bad. The dude can hardly walk, it was sad to see. His legs looked fake, like they'd chopped the legs off some retard and stuck them on Angle's body. Kurt was one of the most athletically gifted wrestlers I've ever seen and to be reduced to pretty much a cripple was tough to watch.

I haven't been watching wrestling in a while but I happened to catch Kurt Angle on the WWE the other night. Jesus H. f***en Christ I didn't realize he was banged up that bad. The dude can hardly walk, it was sad to see. His legs looked fake, like they'd chopped the legs off some retard and stuck them on Angle's body. Kurt was one of the most athletically gifted wrestlers I've ever seen and to be reduced to pretty much a cripple was tough to watch.

The funny thing is, it’s kinda WWE’s fault. You always hear how they mention “ring rust” and everything...well, it’s true. Angle could still go in 2015 when he finished with TNA. WWE essentially kept him shelved for a couple years and let everything catch up to his body. He gets gassed in 2 minutes, can’t throw a punch, can’t run, and has lost all the fluidity he used to have. They f***ed him and us over because he could have given us a couple years worth of good matches before getting to this point.

The funny thing is, it’s kinda WWE’s fault. You always hear how they mention “ring rust” and everything...well, it’s true. Angle could still go in 2015 when he finished with TNA. WWE essentially kept him shelved for a couple years and let everything catch up to his body. He gets gassed in 2 minutes, can’t throw a punch, can’t run, and has lost all the fluidity he used to have. They f***ed him and us over because he could have given us a couple years worth of good matches before getting to this point.
As someone that hadn’t seen him wrestle in a good long while I was shocked at how f***ed he looked physically.

After seeing the botched snap suplex in his match against Samoa Joe, and seeing him struggle to hoist Randy Orton up for the Angle Slam, I now believe Angle shouldn't even be in a match at Wrestlemania (unless it's a four-on-four tag match or something where he can play a minimal role). He looks like he's one botched move away from paralyzing himself, or even worse. Remember Misawa. Since Angle's always a showman, hopefully he won't attempt anything foolish in the heat of the moment during his last match, like a moonsault.

Fan tries to tackle Bret Hart during Hall of Fame induction
https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezo...-to-tackle-bret-hart-during-wwe-hof-induction

@!Viva Hate! why did you do it? Just because you said Kurt Angle is in worse physical condition than Bret Hart, you thought Bret could handle being tackled like that? I hope it was worth it, you're going to miss Wrestlemania tomorrow because of it; there's no way they're going to allow you back into the building.

Were you trying to make @nothappynotsad notice you, like when John Hinckley tried to get Jodie Foster to notice him?

This shit ain't real!

More white trash than rodeo if that is even possible, suppose it is.

Back
Top Bottom