What am I doing wrong?

If people have told you that you're pretty, then it's very unlikely that you're "exceptionally ugly".

But if you're beautiful, have your own style and opinions, adhere to these and are intelligent and articulate - then that's it. Most men can't handle that, mostly those below 30 and with average intelligence.
And they wouldn't be worth it anyhow. :)

If people have told you that you're pretty, then it's very unlikely that you're "exceptionally ugly".

But if you're beautiful, have your own style and opinions, adhere to these and are intelligent and articulate - then that's it. Most men can't handle that, mostly those below 30 and with average intelligence.

That right there is the truth.

Do you go out to meet people or just stay home with mum and dad watching X-Factor? If you go out, do you engage anyone or do you as Morrissey sang:
...you go, and you stand on your own
and you leave on your own..

Do you go out to meet people or just stay home with mum and dad watching X-Factor? If you go out, do you engage anyone or do you as Morrissey sang:

Why do you seem to assume she is a loser/hermit/has no friends just because she hasn't had a boyfriend before?

Why do you seem to assume she is a loser/hermit/has no friends just because she hasn't had a boyfriend before?

no assumption intended..simply asking. If one doesn't go out, one can't expect to get into a relationship.

If you're pretty, I don't see why you'd have no interest from men. Do you dress strangely? Do you act desperate? What are your hobbies? Are you particularly loud/ bossy/ annoying (I am all of these things, so no offence)? Do you have a group of friends who could offer some honest advice?
I think it is odd to have never had a boyfriend at 23. I went out with a 25 year old virgin a while back and he was all sorts of screwed up.
It's extremely easy to get a boyfriend on the internet if you really want to. I got one right here, by accident.

I read an article in the Daily Mail today that says you have to smile at men 85 times an hour (really, it was from a study by some geeky researchers) and encourage them to approach you, but not to make the approach yourself, as they don't like aggressive women. :rolleyes: If that were true, then Madonna would still be a virgin.

So basically you need to shut your brain off and smile constantly.

I read an article in the Daily Mail today that says you have to smile at men 85 times an hour (really, it was from a study by some geeky researchers) and encourage them to approach you, but not to make the approach yourself, as they don't like aggressive women. :rolleyes: If that were true, then Madonna would still be a virgin.

So basically you need to shut your brain off and smile constantly.

Seriously?! Somebody did this 'research'?

Hello.

Hmmm one can only hope that's the reason:o You've got good insight! Though, I don't think I'm exceptionally pretty or anything, just not exceptionally hideous or anything:p

Well if by going out you mean going to clubs and such, those places aren't my thing at all, I did go once and that Morrissey quote is exactly what happened :straightface:

But I do go to other events, like concerts, and school, and seriously nothing.

If you're pretty, I don't see why you'd have no interest from men. Do you dress strangely? Do you act desperate? What are your hobbies? Are you particularly loud/ bossy/ annoying (I am all of these things, so no offence)? Do you have a group of friends who could offer some honest advice?

I don't really dress too strangely no, I definitely don't act desperate at all, and I'm the opposite of loud or bossy, I'm generally pretty shy:o

And interesting article Mars_Rover:p

Dont just "will" yourself to have a relationship, things should develop and naturally occur. You have to let things happen for a reason and they do. You must be an extrovert, as youve come on a public forum and asked complete strangers, so use this to your advantage.

Love will never find you if you dont go and meet people, try something different i.e. if you dont usually go out on a saturday night, go out this saturday, or join a group/club.

Take your time. A lack of past relationships counts for nothing! I'm also 23 and although I've had relationships in the past, I've been single for a while- very happily I might add- but it took time to feel content with it. Especially seeing friends moving in with boyfriends, engagements etc... Funnily enough though, 3 of my friends have broken off long-term relationships since the beginning of 2010 saying they are not ready to settle down at 23. So the grass isn't always greener :thumb: ;)

I totally feel for you. :straightface:

I've had the same boyfriend since i was 16 :blushing: and i'm positive i'd never find/tolerate another man if he were not here (probably wouldn't get the opportunity to get another since i'm a dense and socially inept fat bastard with adult acne - which wouldn't help when on the pull!:lbf: ).

Do you have friends that go out and meet folk?.. Could they introduce you to anyone with similar interests? :love:
Are you male or female - there's lots of online dating sites for folk of different sexual orientation?
Are you just really picky - maybe you're just not recognising the signs when someone is interested - if you're after a man, you'll probably have to lower your standards (tee hee - sorry boys!).

It'll happen. If the worst comes to the worst, join a church or some social organisation where young folk mingle :pray: - you'll get practice chatting up folk in these situations!

Best of luck.:thumb:

x

i resent that. intelligence is more important than looks for me. honestly. i value thinking outside the lines more than anything else in women and men.

Dont just "will" yourself to have a relationship, things should develop and naturally occur. You have to let things happen for a reason and they do. You must be an extrovert, as youve come on a public forum and asked complete strangers, so use this to your advantage.

Love will never find you if you dont go and meet people, try something different i.e. if you dont usually go out on a saturday night, go out this saturday, or join a group/club.

I'm very much an introvert!:o But that's definitely good advice!

Take your time. A lack of past relationships counts for nothing! I'm also 23 and although I've had relationships in the past, I've been single for a while- very happily I might add- but it took time to feel content with it. Especially seeing friends moving in with boyfriends, engagements etc... Funnily enough though, 3 of my friends have broken off long-term relationships since the beginning of 2010 saying they are not ready to settle down at 23. So the grass isn't always greener :thumb: ;)

That's exactly how I feel, it did take a really long time to be okay with it too, but hey Moz music helped:thumb:

Are you male or female - there's lots of online dating sites for folk of different sexual orientation?
Are you just really picky - maybe you're just not recognising the signs when someone is interested - if you're after a man, you'll probably have to lower your standards (tee hee - sorry boys!).

I'm female, and what are the signs of guys interested in you? Honestly I don't think I could tell:straightface:
Thanks for the advice by the way!

This thread reminds me of the first letter on this page:

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove?oid=753

But that lady sounds extremely angry and bitter, I'm not angry or bitter about it at all, I'm more curious if they are others like me.

Back
Top Bottom