What are people's favourite non-Morrissey albums at the moment?

Cherry Ghost - Thirst For Romance
Richard Hawley - Lady's Bridge
Damien Dempsey - To Hell Or Barbados

Erasures new album, it's brilliant . It's really modeled after their older stuff which i'm a huge fan of as opposed to their country covers bullcrap they did recently

The Wild Swans' "Magnitude: The Sire Years" collection. FINALLY reissued on compact disc, these two albums aren't as good as the recent "Incandescent" collection but they're still amazing. "Bringing Home The Ashes" is one of the great lost albums of the 80s.

I'm listening to "unreleased" Neil Young and Live at the BBC 1971 is excellent.

Kanye West -Graduation

Leonard Cohen - Death Of A Ladies Man

Loudon Wainwright III - Attempted Mustache

LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver

S.P.O.C.K - Alien Worlds

Rufus Wainwright - Poses

Right now...

I got into Arcade Fire recently (I know, what was I waiting for), thanks to I Am a Ghost :)

And just this hour I discovered this band called "Robbers on High Street". Anyone heard of them? I am really liking their songs. They have the whole album on myspace and a bunch of the tracks on their website.

Shellac - Excellent Italian Greyhound

shellac.jpg

And

Interpol - Our Love to Admire

Interpol_-_Our_Love_To_Admire.jpg

I'm fully obsessed with The Execution Of All Things by Rilo Kiley. I've been obsessed with it for awhile, but my love comes and goes. Right now it's on constant repeat in the car.

Right now I'm currently mad for some old favorites:

Kate Bush - The Dreaming

Pulp - This Is Hardcore

Suede - Dog Man Star and Disc 1 of Sci-Fi Lullabies

Sheperd%27s-dog.jpg

I'm fully obsessed with The Execution Of All Things by Rilo Kiley. I've been obsessed with it for awhile, but my love comes and goes. Right now it's on constant repeat in the car.

I really enjoyed that one as well. The first few listens I was decidedly unimpressed but it has grown on me considerably. I couldn't get Paint's Peeling out of my head for days :)

I really enjoyed that one as well. The first few listens I was decidedly unimpressed but it has grown on me considerably. I couldn't get Paint's Peeling out of my head for days :)

Absolutely. First few listens I was distinctly unimpressed. Now it's one of my all-time favorite albums.

Another song I'm obsessed with right now is "My Favourite Dress" by The Wedding Present. I don't love all of the George Best album, but this song, "Everyone Thinks He Looks Daft" and a few others are amazing. Gedge was one of the only lyricists in Morrissey's league in the '80's.

Back
Top Bottom