what are you eating right now

Vegetarian balls in olive oil out of the oven.
Not bad. Soft enough to chew.
Had to go to the dentist today.
One of my crowns broke off. I don't know if crown is the right word for it in English.
A substitute made of porcelain shoved over the original that first had to be made smaller.
I now have a substitute for 3 weeks.
Than I get a new one. Hooray.

"Had to go to the dentist today":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
You are very brave.
Glad it went well!

Thank you so much! You are nice!
It wasn't that bad.
But you know, after the anaesthetics have done their job, there is always some minor after pain.
I will be okay.
I feel relieved.
There are far more painful things in life.;)

Vegetarian balls in olive oil out of the oven.
Not bad. Soft enough to chew.
Had to go to the dentist today.
One of my crowns broke off. I don't know if crown is the right word for it in English.
A substitute made of porcelain shoved over the original that first had to be made smaller.
I now have a substitute for 3 weeks.
Than I get a new one. Hooray.
Mmm. Veggie balls. I love the ones from IKEA. I love IKEA food. Period. Cheap and good.

Thank you so much! You are nice!
It wasn't that bad.
But you know, after the anaesthetics have done their job, there is always some minor after pain.
I will be okay.
I feel relieved.
There are far more painful things in life.;)

I'm glad you survived! You are right, I really am thankful for gentle dentists and plenty of anesthesia but still think the very best part of going to the dentist is when it's over.
You are nice too. Will you come with me the next time I have to go to the dentist? :)

I'm glad you survived! You are right, I really am thankful for gentle dentists and plenty of anesthesia but still think the very best part of going to the dentist is when it's over.
You are nice too. Will you come with me the next time I have to go to the dentist? :)

But off course!
Mind you, it could be a long journey for me as I live in The Hague in the Netherlands :rolleyes:

Well, I guess that means I'll just have to put off going to the dentist until you take a trip to the US. (Thank you!!!)

Are you inviting me?;)
I would you know, are you on the East coast, West coast, south, north or in the middle? :cool:
Mind you, I would go with you to the dentist but I am far to old for you to even imagine of any other thing, unfortunately:cryingcat:

Are you inviting me?;)
I would you know, are you on the East coast, West coast, south, north or in the middle? :cool:
Mind you, I would go with you to the dentist but I am far to old for you to even imagine of any other thing, unfortunately:cryingcat:

:) West coast, but I think I am disappointingly much older than I sound! Also, I'd probably cry so much at the dentist's office you would be embarrassed and want to leave...:tears:

Last edited:
:) West coast, but I think I am disappointingly much older than I sound! Also, I'd probably cry so much at the dentist's office you would be embarrassed and want to leave...:tears:

No, I would not be embarrassed. I would be there for you and try to comfort and soothe you.
And I would put my arms around you. And I would try to distract you and to persuade you to do something you really like. Could be anything, like having an ice cream or going to the zoo. ;)

Pain and crying, and feeling great and laughter should be regarded as spontaneous emotions just like children have. Well I do. In fact I do believe we are still like children, at least I hope so.
I don't care if the people stare. Let them stare.
Maybe they can feel empathy. You never know what's inside a man or a woman's mind.:)

No, I would not be embarrassed. I would be there for you and try to comfort and soothe you.
And I would put my arms around you. And I would try to distract you and to persuade you to do something you really like. Could be anything, like having an ice cream or going to the zoo. ;)

Pain and crying, and feeling great and laughter should be regarded as spontaneous emotions just like children have. Well I do. In fact I do believe we are still like children, at least I hope so.
I don't care if the people stare. Let them stare.
Maybe they can feel empathy. You never know what's inside a man or a woman's mind.:)

That is so sweet. I think so many people in the world, no matter what their age or sex are longing for exactly what you would give - someone who cares to put their arms around them to comfort and soothe them and make everything OK (at least for a little while). Life would be so much more pleasant and easier if we did this for each other more often. The world would be a much more peaceful place too, I think, if everyone experienced this throughout their lives starting from babyhood.
You're right about expressing emotions too. People should be allowed to feel their emotions and not be told to toughen up and bury them. For a long time I felt as if there was something really wrong with me because I was "too emotional" and couldn't control it, but finally came to realize that some people are just born that way. Like many others, Morrissey and his music helped me to not be ashamed of feeling things deeply and being emotional. He has sometimes called it being "open-hearted" (I think) and I love him for that.
Will we get in trouble for not talking about food on this thread? I'll fix that - I'm about to make myself the best sandwich in the world for dinner - peanut butter and boysenberry jam with potato chips stuffed in it... and a glass of wine.

Last edited:
That is so sweet. I think so many people in the world, no matter what their age or sex are longing for exactly what you would give - someone who cares to put their arms around them to comfort and soothe them and make everything OK (at least for a little while). Life would be so much more pleasant and easier if we did this for each other more often. The world would be a much more peaceful place too, I think, if everyone experienced this throughout their lives starting from babyhood.
You're right about expressing emotions too. People should be allowed to feel their emotions and not be told to toughen up and bury them. For a long time I felt as if there was something really wrong with me because I was "too emotional" and couldn't control it, but finally came to realize that some people are just born that way. Like many others, Morrissey and his music helped me to not be ashamed of feeling things deeply and being emotional. He has sometimes called it being "open-hearted" (I think) and I love him for that.
Will we get in trouble for not talking about food on this thread? I'll fix that - I'm about to make myself the best sandwich in the world for dinner - peanut butter and boysenberry jam with potato chips stuffed in it... and a glass of wine.

For dinner I'm going to have pasta (radiatori :)) with broccoli.
I will have some garlic (in pieces but not too small) in olive oil and to make it a bit more hot some pieces of red pepper and put it on the gas. Don't be afraid to burn it a little bit. Not too much off course. It creates that special taste that is, well just different.

When the broccoli is cooked and soft I mash it up with a fork. Don't throw the cooked water away. Keep a bit apart to add later if the dinner is too dry.
Same with the pasta if it's ready. For cooking the pasta don't use too little salt.

Put the garlic, the olive oil and the pepperoni in the pan with the pasta.
Use a spoon to put through the pasta. The radiatori have all these ribs and the mashed up broccoli gets between them. Have some Italian bread out of the oven with it. Sometimes I can get the bread with pieces of olive in it.

Put some good olive oil and seasalt on it, and off course, very important,:brows: have a glass of Italian wine with it. (Or two:p) like a Sangiovese, a Primitivo, a Valpolicello. The food and the wine both taste better with each other.

I like your post.
You said you think you are too emotional, but the thing is we, me too, are always comparing ourselves with other people, but we don't know for sure how somebody else really feels because you can't feel what the other feels. We can try to be emphatic.

Mind you, there are also very positive sides to have strong feelings and emotions.
A sensitive soul and mind can experience things that are out of reach for others.
You seem to be able to enjoy very simple things of life, like having a good meal and making that meal for yourself. Like the French say "Savoir Vivre".
Nice chatting with you! :thumb:

I had Waldorf salad tonight and wonder why restaurants don't put it on the menu.

fennel and anise seed tea, an apple

Never had anise seed tea.
Though I like drinks with anise.
Like pastis, (Ricard or Pernod), absynth, ouzo or sambucca flamed and with three coffeebeans.
Aside a good and strong real Italian espresso, that is. With one teaspoon of sugar.
The 3 coffeebeans you crush in your mouth to neutralize the alcohol fragrance. And I like the taste.
Oh, how I love all the simple things of life.
I'm going to look for anise seed tea. :thumb:

we have something here called licorice spice tea, i wonder if that's what anise seed tea is like? it is goooooood. my favourite kind of tea. i cant drink it anymore though because tea gives me wicked acid reflux. not coffee--but tea and every other hot drink besides coffee. weird.

i love licorice flavoured things tooooo. sambuca was my favourite when i was little! whenever my dad would order it at restaurants he would give me a sip. of course i wasnt allowed my own ;)

I had Waldorf salad tonight and wonder why restaurants don't put it on the menu.

Cause they just took it off?
Restaurants are following trends and food fashion and sometimes they remove things from the menu because they think it is old fashioned.
I really like a good Waldorfsalad too but these are not so easy to find anymore as they used to.
Traditional oriented restaurants still have them on the menu.
There will be a revival, that's how it goes.

we have something here called licorice spice tea, i wonder if that's what anise seed tea is like? it is goooooood. my favourite kind of tea. i cant drink it anymore though because tea gives me wicked acid reflux. not coffee--but tea and every other hot drink besides coffee. weird.

i love licorice flavoured things tooooo. sambuca was my favourite when i was little! whenever my dad would order it at restaurants he would give me a sip. of course i wasnt allowed my own ;)

Please be careful with the reflux thing Rifke.
You shouldn't get just reflux by drinking hot drinks.
If possible you should mention it to your doctor.
The acid can have a bad influence on the thing that leads to your throat. I don't know the English word for it.
If you neglect it, it can cause you serious problems in later years.
I hope I don't scare you with this, I'm just concerned. :o

Please be careful with the reflux thing Rifke.
You shouldn't get just reflux by drinking hot drinks.
If possible you should mention it to your doctor.
The acid can have a bad influence on the thing that leads to your throat. I don't know the English word for it.
If you neglect it, it can cause you serious problems in later years.
I hope I don't scare you with this, I'm just concerned. :o
i know, im gonna get throat cancer and me and morrissey can die together, i've already accepted the eventuality of it.
i've been to the doctor numerous times about it, there's nothing that seems to help in my case. it started a few years ago when i began taking liquid iron supplements--before that i never had any problem that i was aware of with acid reflux. it doesnt matter what i eat or dont eat, i always have it, but tea for some reason makes it bad enough that my diaphragm spasms and wont expand to allow air in. i can still breathe, but a very shallow kind of breathing, and sometimes it will last for days. absolutely no medication helps, in fact, everything seems to make it worse. for the last little while however it's been better than it's been in ages, so perhaps there's hope that it will one day just go away. otherwise at least me and moz will have something in common :p
anyways, thanks for your concern, gerrit. you're a sweetheart, as always!

i know, im gonna get throat cancer and me and morrissey can die together, i've already accepted the eventuality of it.
i've been to the doctor numerous times about it, there's nothing that seems to help in my case. it started a few years ago when i began taking liquid iron supplements--before that i never had any problem that i was aware of with acid reflux. it doesnt matter what i eat or dont eat, i always have it, but tea for some reason makes it bad enough that my diaphragm spasms and wont expand to allow air in. i can still breathe, but a very shallow kind of breathing, and sometimes it will last for days. absolutely no medication helps, in fact, everything seems to make it worse. for the last little while however it's been better than it's been in ages, so perhaps there's hope that it will one day just go away. otherwise at least me and moz will have something in common :p
anyways, thanks for your concern, gerrit. you're a sweetheart, as always!

I am glad it is better now.
And I know you are joking about it a bit. It is funny and admirable but be careful about the self fulfilling prophesy bit.
The most important question that arises now is:
Would Moz approve of your view?
Don't say yes! I would not believe you.
He would be trying to talk you out of it, as much as he would understand.
Cheers Rifke, love you.

Tags
*francis baaaaacon dairy death 2 infidel dessert fat pigs fatfuckheaven food fruit future h'ween leftovers great thread kiwi-ownage meat meataint_murder nom nom nom time 4da season vegan vegetables vegetarian
Back
Top Bottom