What are your New Year's Resolutions for 2012?

Oh man, I suppose im going to try to actually post instead of just lurking. But then again..given that Skylarker is going to try to post less, It's kind of odd. Okay, my actual resolution. Im going to try to talk to people more, be more sociable...less awkward! Especially guys. I realize it may seem dumb or whatnot. The people I know and the people near don't seem to appreciate what I have to say. They tend to want easier less complicated conversation like about what they saw last night on the jersey shore. I don't know, so Im not a big "flirter". I find it to be physically and mentally awkward..but oh well. I'll just try to maintain.

After all, it's easier to log on and be Skylarker than to put real energy into an actual human relationship. The only thing is, the sad fact is that very, very few "real life" people actually inspire me to want to spend any effort on them at all. And when I do, it almost always blows up in my face or becomes more trouble than it's worth.

I've got my family, and that's enough, but I suppose everybody needs something outside of their normal daily life, that they can go to or turn to for perspective and objectivity and distraction.

You appear to be at some sort of end-of-the-year crossroads (which is completely normal and understandable), but I think you answered your own question above

If you have to convince yourself to leave this place and go interact with 'real' people, then I don't think it's what you truly want to do. Sounds to me like you have everything you need right in front of you: the family, the job, the ability to write something creative without even leaving your house

it's way better to meet people at places like this (as opposed to real life) because you tend to get to know people in an environment like this much quicker, much easier, and without all that silly human drama and awkwardness you get with face-to-face interaction.

Far be if from me to say, but you pretty much lose your social life when you get married and have kids

I realized years ago it's far more worthy of my time to interact socially on a message board than it is to try to establish and maintain human relationships

So unless these people you want to meet/re-establish connection with are near and dear to your heart and will make you feel enormous guilt if you don't pay them more attention, I'm thinking you should stay put here, where people like you and accept you for who you are and enjoy reading your insight on things

but that's just me.

Pretty much all the same stuff as Skylarker. Exercise. Posting less. Reading more. Making real art. Maybe moving to Portland or at least trying it out for a few months trial run. Living less in my fantasies and more in reality.

I say this stuff but it never happens.

Going to make a real effort to not get high all the f***ing time this year. Taking a break from excessive use of psychoactives specifically.
Try to exercise more too.
Stop thinking about betrayals and make efforts to not be such a self-pitying shithead with a victim mentality.
Hopefully find employment soon.
GET DONE WITH SCHOOL AND GET OUT OF HERE!

1. Gym
2. Pass drivers license
3. Pass Maths
4. Go college

I hate New Years as well, but I'll bite...

Lose weight/exercise more.
Be more proactive with work and reading for uni- I've learnt that procrastination does more harm than good, and I really need to snap out of it.
Be more sociable, or at least more friendly.
Attempt to start and keep some form of romantic relationship. There are promising things on the horizon, but I'm feeling shy and unsure about it at the moment.

I hate New Years as well, but I'll bite...

Lose weight/exercise more.
Be more proactive with work and reading for uni- I've learnt that procrastination does more harm than good, and I really need to snap out of it.
Be more sociable, or at least more friendly.

Attempt to start and keep some form of romantic relationship. There are promising things on the horizon, but I'm feeling shy and unsure about it at the moment.
Yep, that is my resolutions basically. Less procrastination, more socializing, try to make friends, less shyness!

Back
Top Bottom