what boz (might) or should have said

That Young People track is surely the worst on the album. It's barely even a song, just a bit of yelling.

The biggest crime in Young People was rhyming "go" with "go."
At least go with something like "Presidents come, Presidents go, and sometimes they get impeached, but only if they fancy a blow, oh."
I don’t know. I’m rather partial to the “I will be in the bar/With my head on the bar” couplet from TMYIMTCIG.

Last edited:
I don’t know. I’m rather partial to the “I will be in the bar/With my head on the bar” couplet from TMYIMTCIG.
That line is far more feasible than not remembering a (p)Resident's name two weeks after they go. I mean, I've been at the bar with my head on the bar once or twice. Also- double meaning with bar in that case. Establishment and object in establishment. You double up Go go you just get shit new wave.

The biggest crime in Young People was rhyming "go" with "go."
At least go with something like "Presidents come, Presidents go, and sometimes they get impeached, but only if they fancy a blow, oh."

Every time I hear that line, I keep thinking how I'd even prefer if the line was "and nobody remembers their name two weeks after they do."

While I'm on the topic of lines that miss the mark, I'm annoyed at the closing of "In Your Lap," in which he's "dreaming of touching your arm." Who dreams of touching someone's arm? The line could have easily been "I'm dreaming of being in your arms," which I think is much prettier.

Every time I hear that line, I keep thinking how I'd even prefer if the line was "and nobody remembers their name two weeks after they do."

While I'm on the topic of lines that miss the mark, I'm annoyed at the closing of "In Your Lap," in which he's "dreaming of touching your arm." Who dreams of touching someone's arm? The line could have easily been "I'm dreaming of being in your arms," which I think is much prettier.
Maybe the song is about Chris Hemsworth. Those arms... That chest... God. Of. Thunder.

Back
Top Bottom